QB Controversy Already Starting | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Controversy Already Starting

How big of a difference between Jay and Brady is there really?

One has shown the ability to lead his team to the SB (twice)

One has shown the ability to be the focal point on offense

My point? Do we need to upgrade our QB spot....heck yeah and I've always said that. Is that (or was it in FA/draft) my biggest concern or worry? Nope....

Well it should be with QB being the most important position on the team.

jetssuckSr said:
JF started ONE game for Jville, there's no way you can use his stats from that year as a comparison sample.

He had nearly 100 attempts that year. It's not ideal, but it's passable as a sample.

Garcia is a better passer, period. JF could NEVER run a "pass first" offense.

What's your evidence if you don't accept Jacksonville? We haven't seen Jay in a pass first situation that might work to his talents.

What do you base your speculation of Garcia in this offense on? Arm strength? That's probably the only basis I can see.

I also base it on his results last year with Erickson as the HC. He didn't run things the way Mooch did, and Garcia suffered. Yes, it was also due to injury. That's a common thread between the two of them.

The only similarity between JF and Garcia is that both lack arm strength.

Oh, come on! They have other similarities! Both of them are kinda ugly, and neither one of them got drafted.

He had nearly 100 attempts that year. It's not ideal, but it's passable as a sample.

One start though...........

"Mop-up duty" doesn't make for a good sample.

What's your evidence if you don't accept Jacksonville? We haven't seen Jay in a pass first situation that might work to his talents.

C'mon now JJ...........

Jay Fiedler in a "pass first" offense? Surely you jest

I also base it on his results last year with Erickson as the HC. He didn't run things the way Mooch did, and Garcia suffered. Yes, it was also due to injury. That's a common thread between the two of them.

That's hardly a basis to say that they are equals.

Oh, come on! They have other similarities! Both of them are kinda ugly, and neither one of them got drafted.

:lol:

Won't argue that...only difference being that Garcia has a rusty looking skull and JF has a head only the mother of an elephant could love.

Wait, I heard that Joe Theisman is mounting a comeback this year...Wouldn't he be a good pickup for the Fins...you know, insurance in case both AJ and JF flop this offseason ??

(LOL)...

Every QB that even thinks about being available will be "rumored" to be coming here. I know that it may seem too late for some, but we have to wait to see how AJ does in regular July camp before we start pulling the plug on him...I guess that every reporter in the entire country knows how well AJ is going to do after this FIRST mini-camp. DW and RS and the rest of the staff can't decide I guess and need help from Foxsports, TASS, UPI, Asst. Press, Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel, ESPN, etc, etc, etc...

Every QB that even thinks about being available will be "rumored" to be coming here

Why is that? Could it be that the perception of those not owning a Phins cap, tends to be that we haven't yet solved our dilemma at QB?

Must be some reason to it..........

Back
Top Bottom