QB Lamar Jackson in Round 1 ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Lamar Jackson in Round 1 ?

I'd draft him in the 2nd round. If I was desperate I may even E.J. Manuel or Christian Ponder him (take him in the 1st round knowing he's a 2nd round player, because you're just that desperate for a QB and know you'll never win if you don't take some chances).

This team does not have the luxury of wasting a first round pick on a prospect. If he is not worthy of a first round pick, which I firmly believe he is not, then don't draft him there. There are plenty of other players to choose from to not have to waste a pick hoping that he develops into something.

This team does not have the luxury of wasting a first round pick on a prospect. If he is not worthy of a first round pick, which I firmly believe he is not, then don't draft him there. There are plenty of other players to choose from to not have to waste a pick hoping that he develops into something.

I said "If I was desperate".

Miami is not desperate at that position.

There are several teams that are, or should be.

I wouldn't do it. There have been countless examples of athletic quarterbacks who I see early in college as a result of betting on so many games. Very quickly I'll estimate if he's a top shelf NFL prospect or not. Numerous times these guys have been pushed as NFL quarterbacks when I didn't think it was warranted. The only time one of those guys succeeded big was Donovan McNabb.

When I first saw Lamar Jackson last season nothing about him struck me as an NFL quarterback. So I'll default there and ignore all the tinsel.

He looks 205 plus to me. Arms are much thicker

I think he’s a legit 6 foot 2 plus too...

But if people say he plays to contact that’s as big a red flag as you will find given his game

Back
Top Bottom