QB play in the playoffs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB play in the playoffs

This is the end for manning. His arm is gone due to his neck I think and his age only adding to it. This was most likely his last game, going to suck not seeing manning play anymore.

I like Manning a lot but I'd be glad to see him gone because it'd mean Denver got worse. That's important if Miami is to ever sniff the postseason again.

Once again Aaron Rodgers shows how to play defense, because the best defense is a good offense that can pick up a first down or two to close out a game. If the other offense can't get on the field then they can't even pick up a single yard let alone points.

Manning is done.

Romo is done.

Brady is semi-done.

Not sure what the most intriguing SB matchup would be. Battle of the 2012 class? Wilson vs Brady with Wilson looking like Brady did early in his career and the Seahawks looking like the next dynasty. Rodgers vs Luck, two guys with similar abilities. Or go old school with Brady vs Rodgers?

I think I want to see Belichick's creative mind go up against Carroll's defensive system, and would love to see the Seahawks blow them out.

That is twice now Rodgers protected his defense with 4 minute drive. They beat the patriots earlier in the year with packers holding the ball at end of game and not giving them a chance on offense. You have to do this in close games.

Geez. Cry me a wolf.

Any criticism is bashing. :bobdole:
Sorry I have not seen that determination and will to succeed in Tannehill. Until I see that undetermined will to take a team on his back and literally will the Dolphins into the playoffs and in a playoff game he is not a franchise QB. Last year twice (Bills, Jets) and once this year (Ravens) he had a chance to take the team on his back and push us forward.

But instead we are sitting here again and those not happy with mediocrity wondering what if and those fans of the Tannehill Dolphins throw out every excuse in the book and refer to meaningless stats. If you are telling me that any of these QBs you have seen in the playoffs (incl the losers) are not head and shoulders above you are really fooling yourself.

The only QB from this weekend I would Tannehill (maybe) give a nod over is Newton.

If Tannehill would have carried this team on his back into the playoffs he would have to change his name to Atlas. Those are some broad shoulders he would have to have.

In your evaluation of QB play in the playoffs did you notice that all of the teams have better offensive lines than we do? Better receiving corps (with the exception of Carolina), better running games, better defensive players?

You probably didn't notice that not one of the units around the QB for the Dolphins is playoff caliber. Not D-line, not linebackers, not safeties, not CBs, not O-line, not running backs, not WRs, not TEs on this team is playoff caliber but you'll just look at the QB and say put X playoff QB on this team and we make it. I'm sure Aaron Rodgers could have carried this team to the playoffs...despite the defense giving up an average of 35.5 points per game in the last 4 games of the season...not to mention Mike Wallace is every bit the route runner that Jordy Nelson is and Wallace also has that ability to high point the ball or make that back shoulder catch cause he's shown great body control in his time as a Dolphin. The of course Jarvis Landry is every bit as quick and fast as Randle Cobb...the two are identical...oh but both of those guys were covered pretty well against the Cowboys that's why Davante Adams went off and made more plays in one game than our entire receiving corp made in a season. But I'm sure you didn't notice that.

If Tannehill would have carried this team on his back into the playoffs he would have to change his name to Atlas. Those are some broad shoulders he would have to have.

In your evaluation of QB play in the playoffs did you notice that all of the teams have better offensive lines than we do? Better receiving corps (with the exception of Carolina), better running games, better defensive players?

You probably didn't notice that not one of the units around the QB for the Dolphins is playoff caliber. Not D-line, not linebackers, not safeties, not CBs, not O-line, not running backs, not WRs, not TEs on this team is playoff caliber but you'll just look at the QB and say put X playoff QB on this team and we make it. I'm sure Aaron Rodgers could have carried this team to the playoffs...despite the defense giving up an average of 35.5 points per game in the last 4 games of the season...not to mention Mike Wallace is every bit the route runner that Jordy Nelson is and Wallace also has that ability to high point the ball or make that back shoulder catch cause he's shown great body control in his time as a Dolphin. The of course Jarvis Landry is every bit as quick and fast as Randle Cobb...the two are identical...oh but both of those guys were covered pretty well against the Cowboys that's why Davante Adams went off and made more plays in one game than our entire receiving corp made in a season. But I'm sure you didn't notice that.

NE allowed 31 and won, if they would have scored 13 they would have lost.

Once again Aaron Rodgers shows how to play defense, because the best defense is a good offense that can pick up a first down or two to close out a game. If the other offense can't get on the field then they can't even pick up a single yard let alone points.

Manning is done.

Romo is done.

Brady is semi-done.

Not sure what the most intriguing SB matchup would be. Battle of the 2012 class? Wilson vs Brady with Wilson looking like Brady did early in his career and the Seahawks looking like the next dynasty. Rodgers vs Luck, two guys with similar abilities. Or go old school with Brady vs Rodgers?

I think I want to see Belichick's creative mind go up against Carroll's defensive system, and would love to see the Seahawks blow them out.

Brady is still the KING. He just had the best playoff performance of anyone this weekend. To say he is semi-done is semi-clueless.

We allowed 35 against Minnesota and won...your point?

in meaningless game after you were eliminated from playoffs where the D won the game by scoring a safety. in 2 huge games determining playoff fate he led O to 13 PPG.

in meaningless game after you were eliminated from playoffs where the D won the game by scoring a safety. in 2 huge games determining playoff fate he led O to 13 PPG.

Against 2 better teams. Last year I agree wholeheartedly even with our porous OL play the QB had to be better against arguably inferior teams with the playoffs on the line. This year, Baltimore and New England are just much better teams than Miami. The team we fielded against the Patriots had no chance, it was a mini miracle they stayed in the game in for the first half. I'd never been so certain about a blowout loss since I've been watching football. I was stunned the halftime score was 14 -13 NE. The LB's, FS and RT we fielded are not starters and Brady and Belechick always prey on you weaknesses. The Pats must have simply played bad in the first half. Watching Trusnick try to run down the field with Gronk was laughable (I actually did laugh).

The Ravens were better also. I was holding out hope that we'd have a chance because we were at home but at that point we just didn't have as good a team. Ryan Tannehill is not the kind of QB who's going to carry his team over teams that are just better. That's not a knock, not many QB's are.

Against 2 better teams. Last year I agree wholeheartedly even with our porous OL play the QB had to be better against arguably inferior teams with the playoffs on the line. This year, Baltimore and New England are just much better teams than Miami. The team we fielded against the Patriots had no chance, it was a mini miracle they stayed in the game in for the first half. I'd never been so certain about a blowout loss since I've been watching football. I was stunned the halftime score was 14 -13 NE. The LB's, FS and RT we fielded are not starters and Brady and Belechick always prey on you weaknesses. The Pats must have simply played bad in the first half. Watching Trusnick try to run down the field with Gronk was laughable (I actually did laugh).

The Ravens were better also. I was holding out hope that we'd have a chance because we were at home but at that point we just didn't have as good a team. Ryan Tannehill is not the kind of QB who's going to carry his team over teams that are just better. That's not a knock, not many QB's are.

No doubt competition was better this year when he struggled but 13 PPG is not going to cut it especially against the better teams. How many teams have won playoff games scoring 13 pts in history? not many.

Brady is still the KING. He just had the best playoff performance of anyone this weekend. To say he is semi-done is semi-clueless.

Clearly I'm talking about next season. Romo and Manning both had very good seasons and in the case of Romo the best season of his career but what I'm saying is both will either retire or suck next season. Brady will begin his decline next season but he'll still likely be the best QB in the division so it might not matter. Belichick could always trade him though, and that option might be especially tempting after the contract restructure...

Clearly I'm talking about next season. Romo and Manning both had very good seasons and in the case of Romo the best season of his career but what I'm saying is both will either retire or suck next season. Brady will begin his decline next season but he'll still likely be the best QB in the division so it might not matter. Belichick could always trade him though, and that option might be especially tempting after the contract restructure...

Brady has declined and he is still light years better than anyone else in the division. He'll decline more and still be light years better.

Brady has declined and he is still light years better than anyone else in the division. He'll decline more and still be light years better.

He has declined a bit but their team is still top 5 in passing, Brady is still 6th in DYAR and DVOA. Typically when great QBs decline they don't fall off the map, they go from top 5 to the 10-15 range. Which will still likely be good enough in the AFC East.

Back
Top Bottom