QB's...then and now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB's...then and now

well, I also have the question on why would the Giants, the Chargers and the Steelers give up the chance to draft the quarterback they wanted to draft?

To compensate another weakness and lget a later first rounder it happens every year.The Steelers didnt even want Ben they wanted Rivers so they would have bitten for DB help believe me.

finregime said:
A decent defender and exchanging picks would have solved that problem.They could have made something happen but to put hope in these 2 bozos at QB is a wash up.Lets be real here,our QBs SUCK at best and thats the way it is.The QB has to step up at crucial moments and I dont see either doin that.Like I said if Fiedler would have given me a reason to believe I would but 2 games show as an example to what Fiedler really offers is Eagles and @ Pats last year both of those games show that when Jay is asked to win he truly cant win.

Jay didn't allow 4 touchdowns and 2 FGs against the Eagles. Granted the INT to Bruschi was a knucklehead play, but we were in that game up until that point. I'm not a Jay apologist, he pisses me off sometimes as much as anybody. With the current talent on this team, all we need is to be in the top 15 in passing. We will have a top 5 defense, top 3 rusher, a (hopefully) improved OL, and a legitimate compliment to CC. Someone in the Jay-AJ mold talentwise will do just fine, they just need to play smart.

The problem I've always had with fielder is that he can't make "the one throw" per game that a qb needs to make in the NFL in order to be successful. Key example, 2 years ago against NE on the road last game of the season. Dolphins win and were in the playoffs at 10-6. We have the lead late in the game with a few minutes remaining. If we get one first down the game is probably over. For some reason the genius that is Norv Turner decides to pass and try to pick up the first down (they should have been running on 3 straight plays to waste time but we didn't). If Fiedler makes one completion, first down - game over. To my dismay Fielder throws 3 incompete passes, we punt, we lose the game, miss the playoffs. That is the most glaring example of a qb that is just unable to make the necessary throw when it matters most. Sure he tore it up against dallas this past year but we had the lead the whole game and he had little pressure on him after our first score. Fiedler is just too inaccurate and inconsistant to have my support as our starting qb.

Yo Midwest thats exactly what I've been saying.Jay has wore out his welcome but a 3rd string project ain't makin me feel too good either so I say OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN!!!!

finreg....where did you get those two names for potential QBs ??? When you have the 20th pick, you can't trade up easily..And even if we had, who's to say that another team would not have made a better offer ?? Talk about a HUGE gamble, going into the draft hoping to get one of those guys is the biggest gamble we could have made.

You say our 2 qbs suck ?? How is AJ going to turn out for us ?? Do you have some crystal ball that no one else does ?? If so, PM me so I can get next weeks powerball numbers from you ok ? (LOL)...How can you say he is going to be bad ?? Have you seen him play ?? I'm not Joe Talentscout, but I have seen him play and he played well enough to keep his team in the playoff race (in fact a first round bye) when he had to play. I did watch all but the Giants game that season...he played well enough to see some potential. I don't know that he won't be a bust, but it's way too early to be bashing him...let's at least wait till we see him against another team...Fielder, well wysiwyg with him...we have seen the best and the worst he will give us...so IMHO, his services would best be in the backup role and hope that we don't need him....

There is no real angle for success here other than Feeley being unreal.Personally I just felt like being pessimistic about the situation since there really is no glimmer of hope with Jay Fiedler back there which will probably happen.I actually was mentioning this guys name when they were still talkin' about Brunell comin here.The point is they paid too much for the unknown and could have gotten Rivers or Rothleaisberg for Madison who is declining and our 20th.Howard is just as good as Mad if not better so with adding Poole what would we have lost for a guy who does nothing but wins big games.Its just my take and frustration over this long wait to improve the QB situation.

Reg...I agree that the thought of JF still in the mix is worrysome...Having JF with DW still calling starting shotswe know what we will get from him...period...At least AJ is unknown quantity and that leads to optimism (for me at least....)

I agree with that but it's limited optimism for me.I will be real happy if Spiel looks like a genius by getting this guy and then they can justify his salary #'s

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
I would of loved it if Miami traded for Patrick Ramsey and Joe Gibbs allowed it. Then, I would of been excited. I just do not know about Feeley to be content.

Feeley would feel like Miami is losing their (2nd round interest) that they saw in him monthes ago and that would be detrimental to Feeley's playing

Back
Top Bottom