question for those smarter than i.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

question for those smarter than i....

cardsmadison

Scout Team
Reaction score
sorry if this is the wrong board to ask, but a coworker and i were just discussing and trying to figure out how NFL players get paid. what i mean is, do they recieve 16 paychecks a year one for each game, thus deviding their salary 16 times, or do they get paid throughout the year? nothing really important, just curious. thanks for ur help in advance.

one thing's for sure,they get pay a lot to play a game that many people would play for nothing.

Ozzy rules!!

I think this is how it works,

The players get a base salary and then a prorated portion of their signing bonus calculated into 20 paychecks for each weekly pay period for however long their contract is. The 20 games is broken down to,16 for regular season games and 4 for preseason games.

I think when they get their roster bonus, that is a one time check along with anything extra like incentives they reach

sorry if this is the wrong board to ask, but a coworker and i were just discussing and trying to figure out how NFL players get paid. what i mean is, do they recieve 16 paychecks a year one for each game, thus deviding their salary 16 times, or do they get paid throughout the year? nothing really important, just curious. thanks for ur help in advance.
They get 16 "GameChecks" paid out during the season. They are not paid in the offseason from their teams. Most players however supplement this by doing endorsement deals. That why you always hear when someone gets a stiff penalty they are fined "Gamechecks" hope this helps

They get 16 "GameChecks" paid out during the season. They are not paid in the offseason from their teams. Most players however supplement this by doing endorsement deals. That why you always hear when someone gets a stiff penalty they are fined "Gamechecks" hope this helps

I thought they get 20 checks, the extra 4 for preaseason games... No?

I am not qualified to answer!

According the Amended CBA for 2006
Section 10. Payment: Unless ageed upon otherwise between the Club and the player, each player will be paid at a rate of 100% of his salary in equal weekly or bi-weekly over the course of the regular season commencing with the first regular season game.
The NFL regular season is 17 weeks long (16 games and one bye week), so if a player decides to be paid on a weekly basis, he receives 1/17th of his pay each week.

I thought they get 20 checks, the extra 4 for preaseason games... No?
From the CBA Amended 2006

PreSeason Training Camp

Section 3. Rookie Per Diem: A rookie will receive "per diem" payments at the rate of $775 per week in the 2006 League Year, $800 per week in the 2007-08 League Years, $825 per week in the 2009-10 League Years and the 2011 League Year if it is an Uncapped Year, and $850 per week in the 2011 League Year if is a Capped Year and the 2012 League Year commencing with the first day of preaseason training camp and ending one week prior to the Club's first regular season game.

Section 4. Veteran Per Diem: A veteran player will receive “per diem” payments at the rate of $1,100 per week in the 2006-07 League Years, $1,225 per week in the 2008-10 League Years and the 2011 League Year if it is an Uncapped Year, and $1,375 per week in the 2011 League Year if it is a Capped Year and the 2012 League Year, commencing with the first day of pre-season training camp and ending one week prior to the Club’s first regular season game, and an additional $200 per week during the pre-season, commencing with the Club’s first pre-season game (exclusive of the Canton Hall of Fame Game and any International Game) and ending one week prior to the Club’s first regular season game.

i used to have some property where ERIC WILLHELM'S [qb for oregon ducks and
short time bengals] mom and brother lived.

when he went to cincy, he had all his game checks sent home to his mom
and she took care of his finances.

his brother showed me one of his game checks.

i about pooped my pants with all the numbers on it!!!!

he sucked though and the rest is nfl history. maybe it's karma
for snubbing me on the autographed NFL ball when he had a huge
box of about 150 of them at his moms apartment. it was a flat,
cold NO!!!!

so i evicted his mom. [just kidddin']

Do players get paid in the playoffs?
Yes. Depending on years of service, players who participate in the Wild Card games will receive between $19,000 to $22,000 for Division Winners and all others will receive between $17,000 to $20,000.

Teams participating in the Division Playoff Games will receive between $19,000 to $22,000.

Teams participating in the Conference Championship game will receive between $37,000 to $40,000.

The Super Bowl winning team receives between $73,000 to $88,000.
The Super Bowl losing team receives between $38,000 to $44,000.

I did a loan for a coach on the Bronco's and his pay was by weekly. The part that sucks is say Miami has low to no state tax in there state. That works for games in Miami, but according to his paystub when I reviewed it road games since it was work done in New York lets say that income was taxed by the state of NY. It was crazy with all the different state taxes being paid out depending on where they played.

Back
Top Bottom