Question Regarding Fiedler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question Regarding Fiedler

catapano

get out da way
Reaction score
i hear alot of jay bashing on this site so id like to ask all of you if jay stayed healthy all season will he be able to take us deep into the playoffs? personally i like the way jay plays the game yeah he looks like mr. potato head but when it comes down to 4th and goal from the 10 yard line jay will drop back observe the field if nothings there he will move those legs lower his shoulder and bang that ball over the goal line, we have all seen him do it ie.. the jets and the raiders ask them how they feel about it especially vincent from the jets im pretty sure he dislocated his shoulder trying to bring jay down coming across the goal line. yes jay will throw a long ball 10 yards over every bodys head now and then but i think hes great at utilizing the the smaller field, hes a team player and hes tough as nails. i dont know about you guys but when i look at aj feely my nuts im not feeling him for gods sake the guy backed up koy detmer the frailest qb in the game every time the guy takes a hit he breaks something he looks like a tooth pick out there. im my opinion its jay or bust unless we make a p/u like tim couch. but its definately not gonna be feely. :shakeno:

Just on this site?

Jay seems to get bashed just about everywhere, not just here. Anyway, I think it is the conservative offensive approach that has limited this team, not the QB.

Now that I have said that here comes the old "the QB has caused the offense to be conservative" argument from someone

Fiedler has heart which is enough to win games and keep the team's spirit high but as far as him taking deep into the playoffs, he needs alot more then heart to do that. Feeley has lots of upside, young and willing to learn and shows that he can make the right decisions during game time(Philly's playoff run). The concern is for him to learn the offense in a short span of time. The offensive line will play the biggest role in the QB and their production. If the offensive line can mesh then the QB will be efficent enough to pass, play action and have more options then with 03's line. Jeno James seems to be the best aquisition of the 2004 offseason. Camp reports as well as news articles repot James is playing very well and nasty:).

If Jay is 100% healthy is good enuf to run this O. The 2 big questions for this O have been our OL's ability to both pass protect and open holes and Jay's ability to sty healthy. I do not think Jay s/play unless he is near 100% healthy ag any good D as he always seems to have problems if he is not confident he can get out of the pocket and take off if there is no where to throw it.

i like Fiedler too, but i think he doesnt read the defense well, he forces passes into coverage, and he sometimes throws it to a reciever that isnt open, when there is another wr or hb open.

catapano said:
i hear alot of jay bashing on this site so id like to ask all of you if jay stayed healthy all season will he be able to take us deep into the playoffs? personally i like the way jay plays the game yeah he looks like mr. potato head but when it comes down to 4th and goal from the 10 yard line jay will drop back observe the field if nothings there he will move those legs lower his shoulder and bang that ball over the goal line, we have all seen him do it ie.. the jets and the raiders ask them how they feel about it especially vincent from the jets im pretty sure he dislocated his shoulder trying to bring jay down coming across the goal line. yes jay will throw a long ball 10 yards over every bodys head now and then but i think hes great at utilizing the the smaller field, hes a team player and hes tough as nails. i dont know about you guys but when i look at aj feely my nuts im not feeling him for gods sake the guy backed up koy detmer the frailest qb in the game every time the guy takes a hit he breaks something he looks like a tooth pick out there. im my opinion its jay or bust unless we make a p/u like tim couch. but its definately not gonna be feely. :shakeno:

iMO, Fiedler can not take us where we want to go. We need the passing game to get Ricky back on track and fiedler has proven to be the one not able to. We need more long balls and his accuracy overall is horrendous. Elawy made that comment during our last playoff gm about how Fiedler can not hit WRs in stride even on the short routes.

I like Jay, but do not love him. If we could bring in an upgrade I would be all for it. AJ is by no means an upgrade over a healthy Jay Fielder. Jay does have some limitations (the long ball for ex.)but every NFL QB has some kind of limitations. He is very good at reading defenses, throwing short and intermediate, and leadership skills. He is also a great game manager. Part of the problem with throwing deep, is receivers making adjustments to the ball while it is in the air. I really believe getting a new recievers coach this year will really help the long ball, for whoever plays QB.
As for the question "can Jay lead this team deep into the playoffs" the answer is probably not his to decide. I really don't think Wanny will let this team go deep into the playoffs. But Jay has plenty enough to take us there, maybe inspite of Wanny. Jay has not been the problem that has held this team back. If you just look at what the backups have done when he is absent, it should be loud and clear what Jay has accomplished.

Personally I am all for Jay improving his game and playing the best he can possibly play and competing against AJ.......the bottom line is that if Jay improves and the offense improves and makes a deep push into the playoff then we dolfans WIN. Having said that...I am all for Jay improving his game and playing the best he can possibly play and AJ beating him out in open and fair competition during training camp.....because that means......our Offense has really improved and we have an even better back up than last year!.....WIN WIN.......the real question and focus should be on the O-line....if we have a top flite O-line...I think eith QB will move this team deep into the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Fiedler puts our recievers out on a line. With his balls floating and not haveing the velocity needed for todays game, our recievers are getting crushed. In addition, the Dolphins have been the worst in Yards After Catch for several years. You could easily blame the quality of recievers that Miami has had. However, when Fiedler floats balls it gives the defenders time to close down on the recievers...no matter if your Moss or Chambers. Then there are the deep balls that recivers have to stop or actually come back to.
IMO...Fiedler should have been replaced 2 seasons ago.
Is Feeley better? I have no clue, I have no crystal ball. But his arm strength alone will give the deep ball respect.

i think we should look into Rohan Davey, ino he isnt a free agent, but have you seen him play in NFL europe?
hes unbelievible. So in the NFL, he might be a little better than Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom