Question Regarding Fiedler | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question Regarding Fiedler

OK OK... lets look at this honestly. Other teams laugh at us about Fiedler. You can give the guy all day but he cannot get it done. I think he is a great guy and has great heart but that wont get it done. Lucas was supposed to be a great backup and had the possibility of being a replacement long term but he failed. So.... we bring in Griese who was supposed to be a great Backup and possibly a great replacement long term... he also failed. Wanny gets retained and rumors fly about finding a new QB... so... times goes by... and we pick up Feeley. Now much like Luas and Griese, Feeley is a QB who has had some success and is supposed to be a great back up with the possibility of being a great replacement long term... ANYONE HERE SEE A DAMN PATTERN?

Fiedler sucks. Sorry guys but he has very little talent. I do not want a QB who is just like him with better arm strenght. Feeley better have a **** load better skills than Fiedler or it wont matter anyway.

Fiedler may not have a lot of talent, but he can get the job done with an o-line that blocks. Trent Dilfer sucked the last time i checked, but he was able to get a ring. Our line has been really bad the last couple of years and now that we finally addressed the problem he will have a better chance of standing in the pocket and finding open targets. There will be holes for ricky to run through, as opposed to last yr getting stuffed in the backfield. Fiedler doesnt suck, of course he isnt great, but he doesnt suck. As i said before everything starts and ends with the o-line, As long as our line is decent we will be ok.

Markeyh said:
Jay is limited, and thus limits our Offense IMO!
That is exactly how I feel about Fiedler, and have felt about hm for a very long time. I also think he isn't very quick in the thinking department...book sense yes, but football sense on the turn of a dime, no.

Maybe he can produce will a decent o-line. Lets give jay a chance with a new line.

catapano said:
i hear alot of jay bashing on this site so id like to ask all of you if jay stayed healthy all season will he be able to take us deep into the playoffs? personally i like the way jay plays the game yeah he looks like mr. potato head but when it comes down to 4th and goal from the 10 yard line jay will drop back observe the field if nothings there he will move those legs lower his shoulder and bang that ball over the goal line, we have all seen him do it ie.. the jets and the raiders ask them how they feel about it especially vincent from the jets im pretty sure he dislocated his shoulder trying to bring jay down coming across the goal line. yes jay will throw a long ball 10 yards over every bodys head now and then but i think hes great at utilizing the the smaller field, hes a team player and hes tough as nails. i dont know about you guys but when i look at aj feely my nuts im not feeling him for gods sake the guy backed up koy detmer the frailest qb in the game every time the guy takes a hit he breaks something he looks like a tooth pick out there. im my opinion its jay or bust unless we make a p/u like tim couch. but its definately not gonna be feely. :shakeno:

I agree with you entirely. I have absolutely no faith that Feeley will be the next Delhomme. Fiedler is the best QB on our roster. Do I think Fiedler could take us deep into the playoffs? Yes. If he is surrounded by the right players, he can get the job done.

Feeley may or may not start. But Fiedler will be starting the majority of the season. Mark my words. This is a running team. All we need is an Average QB (with heart) that can run this offense. Fiedler can get it done.

The biggest problem with AJ is that he is a question mark. By that I mean nothing more than he doesn't make for good offseason debate. The fact that Jay had a bad season (even for Jay) didn't help either. The choice is between someone we know isn't all that good (some would say terrible, others would say not great, I would say a little less than decent) and someone whom we don't know anything about really other than he throws the long ball better.

Now last offseason made for great conversation. Jay had been steadily improving and had started the season with the appearance of playing well (some said it was him others said it wasn't real). Griese had been to the probowl, put up similar numbers but was on a downturn. Great debates.

Now the debates I've seen on the net, maybe not as much here but I've seen them a lot, are about whether if AJ will start JF should stay as a backup. Its pretty boring. I miss football!!!! I literally flipped back and forth today between NFLE and AFL. Its just not the same.

Finsflurry said:
The initial question in this thread was if JF stayed healthy could he lead the team deep into the playoffs. The answer is clearly yes. JF has certainly had stretches over several games where he has played well enough only to be derailed by injury. Since he has played well enough in the past, only an irrational person would claim it's not a possibility. This does not mean I'm not seeking an upgrade. I would prefer more durable, consistant QB play. It means that despite any limitations, JF has played well enough in stretches and under the premise of this thread durability would no longer be a concern so it is reasonable to expect that he is capable of leading the team deep into the playoffs.

Wow talk about biased...the answer is clearly yes? What has he ever done that would even remotely make you think that he could lead us deep in the playoffs? Was it his amazing game vs the Colts or maybe the gem that followed vs the Raiders. Granted he has had some nice stretches in season...but he's also had real bad stretches just as much, and you can't use the excuse that he came back from injury because last year he played poorly from the opening game. As you said, he has played well in stretches but his inconsistency is so consistent that there is no way the answer is clearly yes or even yes.

No, your response was biased. JF has clearly had good stretches interrupted by injury. When the OL played well two year's ago, JF was among the AFC passing leaders (rating) through six games. If he can play well for a six game stretch (possibly longer but for the injury which is eliminated by the premise of this thread) then it is logical to believe he can play well through a playoff run. A six game stretch to end the season would be long enough to get Miami deep into the playoffs.

Bear in mind that I prefer to have JF replaced as the starter. In the real world you can't eliminate the durability concern. But the question was "can" he (in other words "does he have the ability to") play consistently well for a long enough stretch. Since he has done that in the past then he clearly has enough ability to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom