questions about salary cap/FA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

questions about salary cap/FA

If Curtis doesnt sign with us, we should trade a 2nd round pick to OAK for Randy Moss

Why should we trade a second round pick, in the deepest WR draft in years for an expensive malcontent who is aging very fast?

That would be a HORRIBLE deal. Moss could get straight up cut in the offseason, trading a 2nd for the guy is absurd.

This team is not in any position to be trading draft picks for veteran players.

Right now, we are standing on $17mil. But we also will clear $3.1mil by cutting Booker, $4mil by cutting Carter before 3/1, $2mil by cutting Harrington, $2mil by cutting Anderson, and $2mil by cutting James before 3/1 or after 6/1...

Mckinney would clear $4mil but I think we will restructure his contract and clear some of that but keep him.

Thomas will clear anywhere up to $6mil by restructuring his contract and Taylor and Chambers can clear some as well...

We "will" have around $30mil to spend.

Steinbach and Clements should be our main "expensive" players to pursue...with Curtis the WR we should pursue to replace Booker.

If Curtis doesnt sign with us, we should trade a 2nd round pick to OAK for Randy Moss

Then, we can focus the draft on NT, OLB, and depth...:wink:

i like the way that sounds but we have to cut mckinney.... he sucks and he is not worth the 4 mill.... i would like to keep carter.... ol but good and stays healthy. we should also cut zgonina

i like the way that sounds but we have to cut mckinney.... he sucks and he is not worth the 4 mill.... i would like to keep carter.... ol but good and stays healthy. we should also cut zgonina

id restructure mckinney. also, carter would clear $4mil...id cut him. then, zgonina is a ufa...no need to cut someone who isnt on our roster :wink:

Why should we trade a second round pick, in the deepest WR draft in years for an expensive malcontent who is aging very fast?

That would be a HORRIBLE deal. Moss could get straight up cut in the offseason, trading a 2nd for the guy is absurd.

This team is not in any position to be trading draft picks for veteran players.

no way in hell the raiders cut moss...stop dreaming...

I would trade Booker and a 3rd for Moss rather then cutting him or even just a third for Moss but not a second!

do you 'really' believe that oak will give up moss for 'only' a 3rd? if so, go for it...but i think that is wishful thinking...

i dont know i hate moss but him and c-pep together with chambers on the other side has got to scare people. if we are going to draft a WR with one of the first 3 picks i would rather waste it to get moss

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, someone with some common sense here. People crying about "this is a DEEP year for WRs"...:boohoo: have no logic behind there statement...

Makes no sense in drafting a potential "Derek Hagan" again with the 2nd round pick...when you can use that same 2nd rounder to obtain Randy Moss....HELLO???

Makes no sense in drafting a potential "Derek Hagan" again with the 2nd round pick...when you can use that same 2nd rounder to obtain Randy Moss....HELLO???

We might have other needs to address with that second rounder.

Back
Top Bottom