This is part I
1 Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
2a Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
2b Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
3a Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State
3b Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M

This is part II

1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
This may be a bit of a reach on Eifert, but it's not a huge reach. Eifert is projected to be selected anywhere in the late first or early second. With needs elsewhere in free agency, Miami can ensure it has a playmaker at tight end by selecting Eifert with the #12 overall pick.

2a. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
This is one of my favorite defensive ends in the entire draft. He would have to fall a little bit to be selected here, but it's not completely out of the question. Okafor has great athletic ability and strength. He's got a frame perfect for the defensive end position. He's an extremely team-oriented player and would be an immediate starter on the opposite side of Cameron Wake.

2b. Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
As the combine showed us, there's a ton of athletic ability in this class of receivers. It's also a group that has a lot of depth. Wheaton put up great numbers at Oregon State and would be the offensive spark Miami needs to be more dangerous in the passing game.

3a. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
This is an obvious pick for Miami. Swope, who before the combine was projected anywhere in rounds 3-5, solidified himself as a day-two pick with his performance at the combine. He thrived with Tannehill in Mike Sherman's offense at Texas A&M. Like Wheaton, Swope makes this receiving corps even more electric.

3b. Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
Not the biggest guy in the world, but he can certainly play. He would be a much-needed addition to a team needing more talent in the secondary.

CB needs to be taken sooner if Sean Smith is not signed in my opinion. If Long does not resign then OT in first 5 picks needs to happen.

Looks good to me JC. I really like the weapons you add to our offense. I am really hoping that we draft Swope.

CB needs to be taken sooner if Sean Smith is not signed in my opinion. If Long does not resign then OT in first 5 picks needs to happen.

I think free agency is a good place to get some help on the offensive line and defensive backfield. Our draft all depends on what happens in free agency. If we were able to draft Eifert, Wheaton and Swope, I'd be OK with a smaller splash at receiver in free agency.

Yeah...you guys can kinda stop mocking swope in the 3rd as he is at worst a second now after that 4.out the building time at the combine

Yeah...you guys can kinda stop mocking swope in the 3rd as he is at worst a second now after that 4.out the building time at the combine

With most of the draft class impressing with their .40 times, Swope didn't move up as much as you are saying. He was AT BEAST a 3rd rounder before, now he still likely won't go until the 3rd round. With all of the receivers that'll still be on the board, he'll last til the 3rd.

With most of the draft class impressing with their .40 times, Swope didn't move up as much as you are saying. He was AT BEAST a 3rd rounder before, now he still likely won't go until the 3rd round. With all of the receivers that'll still be on the board, he'll last til the 3rd.

I dont think Swope lasts until the third either. I bet Robert Woods lasts though, and I think there is a decent shot that Nuk Hopkins lasts until round 3. If Hopkins does last that long then I grab him, forget other needs. I also go TE in Free Agency and grab the CB round 1 or 2.

i'll be surprised if okafor gets out of round 1 given the de class...you're not sniffing robert woods in the 3rd...swope could easily go late round 2...given that size and speed and he's a plug and play slot wr with that size could provide some boundary play

i'll be surprised if okafor gets out of round 1 given the de class...you're not sniffing robert woods in the 3rd...swope could easily go late round 2...given that size and speed and he's a plug and play slot wr with that size could provide some boundary play

Hoops, how many WRs are legitimately going to get taken in the second, by your estimation?

The list of names I've seen mocked in the second is massive. Patterson prob a 1st rounder, Allen may creep in at the bottom of the first, then you're looking at Austin, Hunter, Williams, Woods, Patton, Wheaton, Bailey, Hopkins, King, Dobson. People now adding Swope. Even if you kick a couple of guys out of that list like Dobson and King (I would not object to us taking King with our second 2nd rounder, personally), you've got maybe 9 WRs in a round of 32 players. Has that ever happened?

Some players will slide into Round 3, surely. I'm not sure that Woods won't be one of them. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Hoops, how many WRs are legitimately going to get taken in the second, by your estimation?

The list of names I've seen mocked in the second is massive. Patterson prob a 1st rounder, Allen may creep in at the bottom of the first, then you're looking at Austin, Hunter, Williams, Woods, Patton, Wheaton, Bailey, Hopkins, King, Dobson. People now adding Swope. Even if you kick a couple of guys out of that list like Dobson and King (I would not object to us taking King with our second 2nd rounder, personally), you've got maybe 9 WRs in a round of 32 players. Has that ever happened?

Some players will slide into Round 3, surely. I'm not sure that Woods won't be one of them. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

round 2 is definitely gonna be heavy wr action...we better not sleep if we wait til then...i don't think dobson and king are in play for that round personally...more round 3 guys...but someone may pull the trigger on a bigger body guy like dobson there...i think bailey given what he ran last into round 3...could see hopkins there also imo...

definitely big action on the position in day 2 though...they're gonna fly off the board

by the way i'd expect and plan for a run on corners also in round 2...can't sleep on either position...better be proactive

Hoos, I understand your point, I too consider Woods a 2nd round talent, but weird things happen in the draft (Like Lamar Miller lasting to round 4). There is a supply demand thing going on here. I think many clubs will wait on WR as there are so many that are so close. We could see some serious talent last to round 3. That is the dream situation for the Fins. We can address other needs Rd 1 & 2 and pick the best of what's left round 3. By simple supply and demand, several will drop. I expect a run in Round 3 at WR, with clubs waiting due to supply.

guys that could lock up 2nd round picks today at cb are poyer (depends on his speed as to how high he goes) robert alford (big fan of this kid...long and wiry like keenan lewis but with better tools than lewis coming out) and the rutgers kid...bj webb of william and mary could really help himsel today also

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

if woods gets to the 3rd round you run the damn card up...i see no real chance a guy that productive and that good on tape at 6 ft and over 200 lbs and under 4.5 gets to round 3...heck i think him getting to #42 is a stretch

I'm liking the William & Mary corner too. Yes, if Woods or Hopkins is there at the top of Rd 3 I would be tempted to trade up to the top of the round to get him.

This is part I
1 Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
2a Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
2b Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
3a Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State
3b Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M

This is part II

1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
This may be a bit of a reach on Eifert, but it's not a huge reach. Eifert is projected to be selected anywhere in the late first or early second. With needs elsewhere in free agency, Miami can ensure it has a playmaker at tight end by selecting Eifert with the #12 overall pick.

2a. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
This is one of my favorite defensive ends in the entire draft. He would have to fall a little bit to be selected here, but it's not completely out of the question. Okafor has great athletic ability and strength. He's got a frame perfect for the defensive end position. He's an extremely team-oriented player and would be an immediate starter on the opposite side of Cameron Wake.

2b. Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
As the combine showed us, there's a ton of athletic ability in this class of receivers. It's also a group that has a lot of depth. Wheaton put up great numbers at Oregon State and would be the offensive spark Miami needs to be more dangerous in the passing game.

3a. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
This is an obvious pick for Miami. Swope, who before the combine was projected anywhere in rounds 3-5, solidified himself as a day-two pick with his performance at the combine. He thrived with Tannehill in Mike Sherman's offense at Texas A&M. Like Wheaton, Swope makes this receiving corps even more electric.

3b. Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
Not the biggest guy in the world, but he can certainly play. He would be a much-needed addition to a team needing more talent in the secondary.

I like the effort that all of us are putting into our respective mocks, BUT......

There can be no serious consideration of any mock without a FA aspect. Just too many questions without a FA pickup proposal included

Back
Top Bottom