Quick 4 round mock...well not to quick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick 4 round mock...well not to quick

that is a pretty good draft. I think you might have to swap the Ron Brace and Eric Wood picks. Brace is probably the last true impact 3-4 NT on the board, so he will be a hot name when it's time for us to pick with our first second round pick.

The Dave Burton pick is a very good one too, I'm wondering if he will go in the 3rd or 4th round. Right now, my third round pick is CB Mark Parson of Ohio, and my fourth round pick is SS Chip Vaughn of Wake Forest.

that is a pretty good draft. I think you might have to swap the Ron Brace and Eric Wood picks. Brace is probably the last true impact 3-4 NT on the board, so he will be a hot name when it's time for us to pick with our first second round pick.

The Dave Burton pick is a very good one too, I'm wondering if he will go in the 3rd or 4th round. Right now, my third round pick is CB Mark Parson of Ohio, and my fourth round pick is SS Chip Vaughn of Wake Forest.

Well witht he turn around of so many teams stemming from offensive line play i think Wood's play in the senior bowl and flexibility make him a higher priority putting him at 2a...now i could see us giving a future 3rd or conditional pick int he future to move up and get Brace....the only reason is i know of some small school guys who could play the nose like Pryor and Langfords old buddy at Hampton Baker

we shall see......

no english, switch delmas or duke with one. the kid from nd is not bad, but way to early fr a STer

Well witht he turn around of so many teams stemming from offensive line play i think Wood's play in the senior bowl and flexibility make him a higher priority putting him at 2a...now i could see us giving a future 3rd or conditional pick int he future to move up and get Brace....the only reason is i know of some small school guys who could play the nose like Pryor and Langfords old buddy at Hampton Baker

we shall see......

I see your point. The second and third rounds are going to interesting this year.

3rd rd: David Bruton, FS/SS, ND 6-2 205- Good size very physical and can play the run very well. Non stop motor and very good tackler and very very hard worker. A special teams STAR and fits the mold of smart aggressive player and has tons of athletic ability.

4th rd: Jasper Brinkley, MLB, South Carolina 6-2 270- A big thumper to play inside. With Crowder probably gone and with the belief that we will bring in a MLB(Dansby, Scott etc etc) this is a solid pick. He is a tackling machine and is fast for his size can lower the boom. And def fits the get younger and bigger mold we are following. He will clog the middle and make plays form day one. I have him this late due to injury hurting his stock. Though he is healthy people will pass but since he is here in the 4th BP better jump on him.

Nice job! Besides the more well-known prospects in your mock, I like David Bruton a lot. As a Notre Dame fan, I can attest that he was one of the few playmakers we had on defense last year and as you said, would be a demon on special teams.

As for Brinkley, I don't know too much about him, but am liking what I've read. This may be quite a bit premature but his size and athletic ability remind me of a young Levon Kirkland.

Brinkley is a beast against the run and can rush the passer from the inside, but he will have to get stronger in coverage, I think he will and I had him in my mock as well.

With the Wake signing, I gave up on guys like Larry English . . . I rather go with a Clint Sintim, who can be a SOLB and be stronger in coverage and can rush the passer. Larry would need time to convert, don't know if he has the speed to handle LB, I like him, but I'm not sure.

I like Wood and Brace, good picks. Burton had a solid season as well, and addresses a big need at safety. Still I want a CB in this draft also.

Brinkley is a beast against the run and can rush the passer from the inside, but he will have to get stronger in coverage, I think he will and I had him in my mock as well.

With the Wake signing, I gave up on guys like Larry English . . . I rather go with a Clint Sintim, who can be a SOLB and be stronger in coverage and can rush the passer. Larry would need time to convert, don't know if he has the speed to handle LB, I like him, but I'm not sure.

I like Wood and Brace, good picks. Burton had a solid season as well, and addresses a big need at safety. Still I want a CB in this draft also.

Well i have English because with alot of 3-4 teams in front of us and some teams converting to that style of D i think English may the the best OLB available I see Cushing and Sintim going right in front of us especially with the Pats right before us. If Sintim falls to us i would trade him with English. He plays in a BP style 3-4 under Groh and could start very qucik prob day one.

Yeah Burton was a hard pick to come up with but he can play both safty positions and con contribute on ST and versitility is a big thing on this team.

Wood and Brace are pretty easy i think Wood helped himself out with dominating some of the best D limemen in the country in the senior bowl and Brace is the best NT IMO...while Raji is a beast he has always had Brace taking up guys so he could iso.....

And Brinkley is a no brainer He is HUGE and fast and can tackle and blitz will need some work in coverage like you said but he is a fast study and would fit very nicely in this defense.

Back
Top Bottom