Quick Question, sorry if it's a dumb question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick Question, sorry if it's a dumb question

Unknown Guest

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just a quick question, with all the Ricky news lately this is probably the last thing on your minds but

Why are the Dolphins so fond of their White uniforms, I believe they wore them in just about every game this season except for the one vs. Tampa Bay.

I know wearing white gives you a supposed advantage in that if reflects sunlight rather than absorbs it..but Do they hate the teals that much?

Again I apoligize if this is an insanely stupid topic but it's just something that was on my mind and I needed to know lol.

Unknown Guest said:
Just a quick question, with all the Ricky news lately this is probably the last thing on your minds but

Why are the Dolphins so fond of their White uniforms, I believe they wore them in just about every game this season except for the one vs. Tampa Bay.

I know wearing white gives you a supposed advantage in that if reflects sunlight rather than absorbs it..but Do they hate the teals that much?

Again I apoligize if this is an insanely stupid topic but it's just something that was on my mind and I needed to know lol.

Nick likes to be able to see the dirt on the uniforms so he can tell who is giving the most effort :wink:

It's all about the heat factor. They did a test on the sidelines once between the dolphins white and the raiders black and the difference was 20+ degrees.

lazareth said:
Nick likes to be able to see the dirt on the uniforms so he can tell who is giving the most effort :wink:

if thats the case Reggie Howard must be Sabans favorite player, considering the amount of dust on him.....from getting smoked all day long!

In_Flames said:
if thats the case Reggie Howard must be Sabans favorite player, considering the amount of dust on him.....from getting smoked all day long!

which is why i said "dirt" and not "dust" :D :wink:

Unknown Guest said:

It's funny that you mention this. But I had only found out recently that white is considered their home colors. I've been a dolfan for almost a decade but I had always thought that the Teal was but lo and behold, White is their home colors. I had ignored the fact that I watched almost every game, Alot of the pics had them in the whites, and many people wore the white to the games. I think I had always based it on Madden Football video games where they are teal. Though even in the opening of the game, all dolphin players are wearing white. For me this is the biggest thing I have found out about the fins for the last 2 years. I told everyone that I could.

As for why, I think that you are right, white is cooler to play in. Plus when they travel, it's usually to a colder place, therefore the teal can come out. I think it's very intelligent.

Honestly, I am alone in saying this, but I kinda wish that their alternate color of orange was their home color. Just my 2 cents.

fitskin said:
It's all about the heat factor. They did a test on the sidelines once between the dolphins white and the raiders black and the difference was 20+ degrees.

That's exactly right. it's part of the home field advantage if you can keep your team cooler than the other team.

KingCrowder said:
That's exactly right. it's part of the home field advantage if you can keep your team cooler than the other team.
The Dolphins are always the cooler team on the field :cooldude:

and Mr. Dolfan I agree the Orange unis are pimp! too bad we only get to see those during primetime night games.

Thanks for the replies everyone

The orange uni's will always remind me of that win against the Pansies on Monday night in 04' We should have some prime time games this year and I would like to see them wearing them.

In_Flames said:

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

the white are nice weather wise, but i like the aqua and orange way more. We should use the orange a few times a year!

Unknown Guest said:

Whats wrong with being white? This is a racist post... :lol:

Nah good question, I dont know... probably just cause Saban said so...

Back
Top Bottom