Quinn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quinn

Top ten money???????

He is there #1 pick for next year, I guess he thinks that the Browns would have been picking in the top ten next year even with his play at the QB position.

You can see a long hold out coming.

Id pay $75 to have him sign a dead Lake Erie carp. Thats about the only thing worth mounting with his signature on it.

i hope they are smart and never give him the money he wants. Im so glad we didn't take his sorry ***. Players that charge their fans for autographs make me sick. As if they don't make enough money as it is. Pathetic!

This is exactly how the powers that be thought this would play out. Either get two guys who want to play football, who come into camp on time, and let you develop them, or get a pretty boy QB with a grossly inflated self image that screws up his team's, and his own development.
Here's to the two gentlemen the Phins drafted (and all of em for that matter) and to a front office who is getting it done.

In terms of unknown rookie I mean he hasnt done anything on an NFL field so he is unproven, just as every rookie is.

Because a team moves up to get a player should not suggest that player gets more money by any means. The point is the player should get paid where he was picked regardless of any circumstance. For arguments sake If anything paying a player more for moving up should be opposite...The player should get less. If a team moves up to get a player the agent should not command more money as you have pointed out, but morally speaking should command less money because firstly, the team gave up the value of picks to move up, and now the team has to give up even more money for salary because they moved up. The team could state that if they did not move up to get the player he would have fallen even farther and lost even more money and therefore we should pay him to where we think he would have fallen but since we are paying him where he was picked we are doing him a favor.

The point is he was picked at 22, he should get paid at 22

You are forgetting, agents don't put the team first, they put their client first. What you are saying may sound right, or more ethical.....but players arent looking to make less.....and the Browns Im sure saw this coming when moving up.
Rookies see this as their big payday....if Quinn turns out to be a flop (which you are predicting he will be) it even makes more sense that he should try to cash in as much as he can now, before he is seen as a bust. Hard to fault him for that.

You are forgetting, agents don't put the team first, they put their client first. What you are saying may sound right, or more ethical.....but players arent looking to make less.....and the Browns Im sure saw this coming when moving up.
Rookies see this as their big payday....if Quinn turns out to be a flop (which you are predicting he will be) it even makes more sense that he should try to cash in as much as he can now, before he is seen as a bust. Hard to fault him for that.

I know agents are out to get the most money and I am sure Quinns agent has him all up in arms as well... But that isnt my point. My point is in all fairness to the Browns, they should not under any circumstances pay him top ten money. My point is, Quinn, does not deserve top ten money because he was not a top ten pick, regardless of skill

Where did I predict he will be a flop exactly? Dont put words in my mouth please...Thanks

I know agents are out to get the most money and I am sure Quinns agent has him all up in arms as well... But that isnt my point. My point is in all fairness to the Browns, they should not under any circumstances pay him top ten money. My point is, Quinn, does not deserve top ten money because he was not a top ten pick, regardless of skill

Where did I predict he will be a flop exactly? Dont put words in my mouth please...Thanks

Your kidding right? Ive seen many anti Quinn posts from you. Including this thread. If I was going to take you on this thread alone, you are happy that he isnt a fin and you also made fun of his gf. Just a guess....but you don't think he is good.

Sorry to put words in your mouth :sidelol:

This is exactly how the powers that be thought this would play out. Either get two guys who want to play football, who come into camp on time, and let you develop them, or get a pretty boy QB with a grossly inflated self image that screws up his team's, and his own development.
Here's to the two gentlemen the Phins drafted (and all of em for that matter) and to a front office who is getting it done.

:sidelol:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/10267245

:sidelol:

Your kidding right? Ive seen many anti Quinn posts from you. Including this thread. If I was going to take you on this thread alone, you are happy that he isnt a fin and you also made fun of his gf. Just a guess....but you don't think he is good.

Sorry to put words in your mouth :sidelol:

Come on man!!! Yes, we are talking about this thread. If you want to talk about another thread go find it and and post in there. Being happy someone is not a fin is not bashing them, unless there is a new definition to the term bash. Bashing someone is to say they suck or will fail, not that you are happy they arent a fin. No need to make the thread personal buddy.

Back to the point...He isnt justified in getting 10th pick money

So, do you think he should get top ten money?

Come on man!!! Yes, we are talking about this thread. If you want to talk about another thread go find it and and post in there. Being happy someone is not a fin is not bashing them, unless there is a new definition to the term bash. Bashing someone is to say they suck or will fail, not that you are happy they arent a fin. No need to make the thread personal buddy.

Back to the point...He isnt justified in getting 10th pick money

So, do you think he should get top ten money?

I think he should get better than 22nd, but in no way would I give him top 10 money. The Browns were willing to give up the picks for him, some of that pick money should go to him. That is me thinking like an agent.

In the end, he won't get 10, but he will be closer to 10 money than 22. I'd say a compromise of low teens pay is coming.

Cleveland has gone through this before. Winslow and his agents thought he deserved #1 pick money. They wound up paying him more too, after his holdout. That came back to bite them.

I'm sorry, but I am so happy we didn't draft him. I don't care what kind of career he might have

I think he should get better than 22nd, but in no way would I give him top 10 money. The Browns were willing to give up the picks for him, some of that pick money should go to him. That is me thinking like an agent.

In the end, he won't get 10, but he will be closer to 10 money than 22. I'd say a compromise of low teens pay is coming.

Cleveland has gone through this before. Winslow and his agents thought he deserved #1 pick money. They wound up paying him more too, after his holdout. That came back to bite them.

Do think it is fair he would only sign purchased merchandise and not merchandise that people brought from home...Just trying to get a feel for what you think of him and whether you think it was a good idea that we passed on him or not...

In my eyes after all this he's a complete jerk

Back
Top Bottom