Quotes/tweets from 9/24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quotes/tweets from 9/24

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley·6h

Ross said the players asked him to lock arms with them during the anthem.

Laremy Tunsil: “We practiced shitty all week.”

Michael Thomas just broke down when talking about his daughter, and wanting her to know that he stood up in this moment

Cutler: “That game was a wake up call for us.”

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley

Wake said he is “baffled” by just occurred

dam Beasley @AdamHBeasley·6h

Wake said the Dolphins’ performance today was “unacceptable

Julius Thomas said he will likely take a knee every game going forward.

Jay Ajayi: “We know how to practice. We just didn’t do it this week.”

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley·5h

I asked Pouncey if he considered kneeling. His response? "No. Never."

Like [defensive end] William Hayes said after the game: We practiced [terribly] all week,” said tackle Laremy Tunsil. “We all practiced [terribly]. We've got to go out next week, fix our mistakes and get back on the road. We can't let one game define us.”

“Today just wasn't our day, to be honest with you,” Mike Pouncey said. “We didn't block anybody good enough. We didn't make any plays on offense. We put our defense in a tough situation.”

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article175154811.html

Some players, including Jay Ajayi and Laremy Tunsil and several others, said the team didn’t practice well last week. After they said that, coach Adam Gase was asked if he sensed that to be the case.

“Nope,” Gase said.

“They just beat the [expletive] out of us,” Gase said. “That’s the best way to put it. We didn’t show up, didn’t play physical.”

“We are,” Cutler said, “ a good offense.”

“It baffles me what just happened,” defensive end Cameron Wake said. “It’s kind of frustrating knowing the opportunity we had in front of us, knowing the players and personnel we have in the locker room to come out and play the way we did. It’s unacceptable.

“They played better than we did,” Wake said.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article175173966.html

, could Gase be that clueless when several players say they practiced like garbage yet he didn't see that. Very concerning

How many of them didn't even bother with practice this week? Parker, Ajayi, Pouncey, etc.

, could Gase be that clueless when several players say they practiced like garbage yet he didn't see that. Very concerning
Does seem strange several players saying we practiced bad all week. And Gase straight up saying nope. It's been a very hectic couple weeks for the team and doesn't get any better going to London.

Joe Schad @schadjoe·6h

"We can't just roll it out there and expect to win" - Jay Cutler

Joe Schad @schadjoe·4h

Nate Allen told me he feels his hamstring injury is not serious #MiamiDolphins

Hell no,” Dolphins guard Jermon Bushrod said. “It’s the Jets, man. They’re tough up front. They have good linebackers. They are physical as s— in the back. We just didn’t match that intensity.”

We were always tired,” Tunsil concluded, citing an extended trip to the Los Angeles area and what he viewed as poor practices.

I mean on one side you’d say that’s fair, on the other side you’d say that’s the NFL, you’ve just got to go deal with it,” veteran quarterback Jay Cutler said. “You know we’re not going to make excuses. We felt prepared going into this game. We just laid an egg.”

Gase was even less forgiving.

“All I know is we’re going to line up on Sunday and play,” he said. “So if somebody has an issue with that, they better check their profession.”

You watched the game,” Gase said. “(Ajayi) wasn’t going to get through anything. Guys were in the backfield so fast.”

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ew-york-jets-stun-the-surging-miami-dolphins/

Yep, don't like the way this sounds or the way Gase is handling the scheduling and injuries. Hope I'm wrong but Gase is in over his head on this one.

Someone should let the players know that they a big giant knee if they win a game. Two birds, one stone???

Players complaining about being too tired after just one game...

Yep, I'm worried.

I wonder how they'll feel after going to London this week...then flying back for a game against a Titans team whose offense just beat up on the Seahawks D.

"They're teeing off us on third-and-long. We were in third-and-six-plus the whole game." - Head Coach Adam Gase addressed the issues on offense.

"There's nothing to say. Look at the scoreboard." - Head Coach Adam Gase said there was no specific message he would have for his players.

"Trying to get something going. We figured maybe we could complete a ball on the punt team." - Head Coach Adam Gase explained the decision to have punter Matt Haack throw a pass in the third quarter.

"I believe we're a good offense." - Jay Cutler still has plenty of confidence in the Dolphins' ability to move the ball.

"We didn't help the defense. The way we played on offense, we didn't give them a chance." - Jay Cutler said the defense actually deserved credit for holding the Jets to 20 points.

"I'm pretty confident in the guys that we have, prideful guys, guy that take the job seriously and want to win." - Cameron Wake is confident the Dolphins will rebound.

"Every single guy that's been in this league (knows) that you can't overlook any particular team. We've got to be respectful of every single team." - Ndamukong Suh echoed Cameron Wake's thoughts the Dolphins did not overlook the Jets.
http://m.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/I-Said-It-92417/13edbb65-74f8-49a0-af16-9c4611e1c84c

Yep, don't like the way this sounds or the way Gase is handling the scheduling and injuries. Hope I'm wrong but Gase is in over his head on this one.

After one game?

God ****ing damnit people want to mail in the season after one ****ing game. Pop a xanax and go to bed.

Sorry guys all the talk and excuses are not going to change anything. The AFC is too strong this year to lose games to teams like the Jets. You can't afford to lose to one of the weakest teams on your schedule with a gauntlet coming up . The slim playoff hopes that some believed the team might have this season have been severely diminished. There is no such thing as "just one game" in the NFL. Especially when that one game is a conference game as well as a division game. Also as I said this was one of the weakest teams the Dolphins will face all year. When you have what looks like a tough schedule ahead a loss like this really hurts.

Maybe you should take over for him. I'm sure you could do much better.

We were always tired,” Tunsil concluded, citing an extended trip to the Los Angeles area and what he viewed as poor practices.

No bye week, London, lots of travel this season. After one game they are tired already in week 2. Going to be a long season, if those magic drinks don't start taking effect.

Back
Top Bottom