Ramses Barden.....OMG | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramses Barden.....OMG

dolphinator86

You are TERMINATED!!
Reaction score
Ok i am not a huge fan of spending a draft pick on a WR this year but just looking at this guy can you really pass on him if he is there in the third. I say NOOOOOOO......and depending on our offseason i say 2b considering his measurables and workouts will probably be unreal.

Some may be thinking that his small school competition will make him a project well rodgers-cromartie is now a shut down corner and kendal langford started day one TALENT IS TALENT. and this kid has tons of talent there isnt a db in the AFC east that can cover him hell just throw it up to him and he will go get it.

And if that doesnt sway you look at my sig THAT IS DOMINATION...much like cam wake there is a difference in being a playmaker and a good player with lesser competition it is completely different when you totally dominate it.

So your thought on if and when you would take someone like Barden?

he doesn't look like anything special to me in the senior bowl practices. i'm not all that impressed.

massaquia and derrick williams looks a lot better to me.

other than the size i'm not seeing a lot thus far.

wow

Wow, Barden definitly has the production and the measurables, id like this pick, and i do think BP and Co will break down and draft a reciever this year.

Barden could be for us what Wilford has not been.

Wow, Barden definitly has the production and the measurables, id like this pick, and i do think BP and Co will break down and draft a reciever this year.

Barden could be for us what Wilford has not been.

Good point...im not asking to get a guy in the 1st or even the 2nd but his talent and upside is to much to much to pass up in the 3rd.....kinda got a Randy Moss build not as fast of course but his size and body control and using that size and gettign the ball at its highest point kinda remind me of a skinny kid out of Marshall a few years back.

Good point...im not asking to get a guy in the 1st or even the 2nd but his talent and upside is to much to much to pass up in the 3rd.....kinda got a Randy Moss build not as fast of course but his size and body control and using that size and gettign the ball at its highest point kinda remind me of a skinny kid out of Marshall a few years back.

How would you compare him to Colston?

he doesn't look like anything special to me in the senior bowl practices. i'm not all that impressed.

massaquia and derrick williams looks a lot better to me.

other than the size i'm not seeing a lot thus far.

Mcshay said that Derrick Williams has been terrible. Running bad routes, a lot of dropes and his specialty punt returns four muffs in two days....not good at all.

He loved Rames-Barden and said he was a specimen--compared his body to michael phelps.

How would you compare him to Colston?

I think Colston was a better route runner coming out. I think Barden is more of a physical specimen and alittle more hyped. I think Colston is the best NFL comparison you can come up with.

Mcshay said that Derrick Williams has been terrible. Running bad routes, a lot of dropes and his specialty punt returns four muffs in two days....not good at all.

He loved Rames-Barden and said he was a specimen--compared his body to michael phelps.

well i didn't see any of that in williams televised reps. he looked smooth to me and caught everything.

and why in the world would a real nfl talent guru compare any potential nfl athlete to a swimmer??? i don't care what mcshay thinks.

Because he has a specimen body. Long reach and tall. Colston is a good comparison maybe with a little more speed.

"Williams turned in another mixed-bag performance during Tuesday morning's practice. On one hand, he showed a good initial burst off the line of scrimmage and displayed his top-end speed on a reverse when he was able to get the corner. He also did an excellent job of setting up defenders and gaining leverage off his stem. However, he continued to show too much wasted motion out of breaks, limiting his separation. He also was unable to turn around his returning woes that started during Monday's practice. Williams appeared to struggle tracking the ball in the wind, barely hanging on to one punt that he let into his pads and dropping another one that hung up in the wind and fell short of him."

I think Colston was a better route runner coming out. I think Barden is more of a physical specimen and alittle more hyped. I think Colston is the best NFL comparison you can come up with.

Nice, well lets hope we can get him in the 3rd or 4th round or else I'm not so sure Parcells will get him. But this definetely is catching my eye, I watched some videos on him and the guy just snags the ball and brings it in VERY quickly, and will never go down without a fight

The televised showings of Derrick Williams contradicts what McShay said.

He was very solid from what I saw and got good seperation.

I also like little Mike Thomas. He's a gamer.

i like mike thomas a lot too. They said he was like a steve smith, someone to definately keep your eye on.

Ive seen a lot of contradicting reports about everybody. All these draft guro's are messing with us

Ramses Barden is one of those guys that has stuck out like a sore thumb for a long time now, but also a guy you couldn't REALLY tell anything about until you see him in some All Star practices. So far, the reports on him have not been bad, but they've not been especially good, either. I think the positives in the reports probably stem more from his body than anything else, but if everyone's being honest with themselves, they're not seeing an explosive quick-twitch athlete out there. Rather, they're seeing a better version of Patrick Turner.

Now, that could all CHANGE when we get a look at him in the Senior Bowl game itself. Remember, this time two years ago, Marques Colston was not at all a guy that stood out to everyone at the Shrine practices for being especially quick or an especially smooth route runner, etc. Where he did stand out, was the game itself. Turn those lights on, and people just couldn't handle him. That's still the case to this day. His own coaches in New Orleans have said that in his first training camp, honestly he didn't look that special. But when they turned on the lights and had him suit up on Sundays, people just couldn't handle his size, strength and speed.

Colston was very much a physical freak. He ran something like a 4.50 at a very gigantic size. That's excellent. Maybe it's not Calvin Johnson, but who is? Barden has some running to do if someone wants to say he's "maybe a little faster" than Marques Colston.

Brandon Marshall, btw, was the guy that stood out every day of his All Star practices, and then stood out double during the game itself. But, then, he was in the Hula Bowl, not the Shrine Game, and definitely not the Senior Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom