Ramses Barden.....OMG | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramses Barden.....OMG

i like mike thomas a lot too. They said he was like a steve smith, someone to definately keep your eye on.

Ive seen a lot of contradicting reports about everybody. All these draft guro's are messing with us

Mike Thomas has been my boy for a long time now, but I don't like those Steve Smith comparisons. That's a little over-friendly.

The WRs I like are Hakeem Nicks, Juan Iglesias, Mohammed Massaquoi, Jarett Dillard, Mike Thomas, Manny Johnson, Brandon Tate, Brooks Foster and Tiquan Underwood. It's not that I don't like the other guys, in fact I do like many of them, but I had just always taken a shine to those guys as being potentially very underrated. Of course, many of them aren't underrated anymore...

I love Hakeem Nicks and now Mike Thomas.

The knock on Thomas is his size, but Mayock and Savage brought up a good argument today. This was meant for Alphonso Smith, but can be used in Thomas' case as well.

The question posed was, how to approach a smaller player. He called Alphonso Smith a gamer, someone that goes and gets the ball and make plays. But what if their's a guy who is 5'11", who do you take?

I like Thomas because he is in fact a gamer. He's not tall, but he's sitting at about 195 lbs. He works extra hard and that's what I like about him.

We won't find out Nicks' size till the combine, but he's been listed as 6'1" and 210 lbs. Of course, college sites aren't always accurate as Quan Cosby can confirm.

Ramses Barden is one of those guys that has stuck out like a sore thumb for a long time now, but also a guy you couldn't REALLY tell anything about until you see him in some All Star practices. So far, the reports on him have not been bad, but they've not been especially good, either. I think the positives in the reports probably stem more from his body than anything else, but if everyone's being honest with themselves, they're not seeing an explosive quick-twitch athlete out there. Rather, they're seeing a better version of Patrick Turner.

Now, that could all CHANGE when we get a look at him in the Senior Bowl game itself. Remember, this time two years ago, Marques Colston was not at all a guy that stood out to everyone at the Shrine practices for being especially quick or an especially smooth route runner, etc. Where he did stand out, was the game itself. Turn those lights on, and people just couldn't handle him. That's still the case to this day. His own coaches in New Orleans have said that in his first training camp, honestly he didn't look that special. But when they turned on the lights and had him suit up on Sundays, people just couldn't handle his size, strength and speed.

Colston was very much a physical freak. He ran something like a 4.50 at a very gigantic size. That's excellent. Maybe it's not Calvin Johnson, but who is? Barden has some running to do if someone wants to say he's "maybe a little faster" than Marques Colston.

Brandon Marshall, btw, was the guy that stood out every day of his All Star practices, and then stood out double during the game itself. But, then, he was in the Hula Bowl, not the Shrine Game, and definitely not the Senior Bowl.

LOVE the insight ckparrothead...always appreciated. I hope when the time comes to lace them up and the lights are turned on he blows up. I hear he is also a dedicated blocker and due to his size he can over power most DB's which we are always looking for.

I look at his lack of enthusiasm at practice i call the Allen Iverson complex. Barden like you said may just be a baller and a guy who only cares about games right now. So i cant wait for the game i think a few guys will grab our eyes should a a fun couple of days afterwards to discuss.

Barden

I totally agree that Barden will never be a speed demon, but i also believe he has the potential to be a great not just good possesion reciever/red zone threat.

I think he can be a bigger faster Oronde Gadsen type which is a good thing, his college #'s are too much to ignore imo, small school or not, and watching an interview of him on youtube seems to be very bright and is well spoken.

I guess the reason im so high on Barton is because of the opportunity he offers to greatly increase our red zone production (see the playoff game against the Ravens) all season we moved the ball well between the 20's only to have to settle for too many FG's.

I know no pick is a sure thing, but in round 3 or 4 this guy may be excellent value.

So much of being a good blocker as a WR isn't necessarily about size but really just tenacity and quickness. Davone Bess might be the best blocking WR I've ever seen in a Miami uniform and it's because he's quick, strong and tenacious. There are plays in the playbook that we ran that I swear we wouldn't run if Bess wasn't there. Also Patrick Cobbs ended up playing WR some for us and was a tremendous blocker.

So I'm not sure I would just assume that Ramses Barden can block...nor would I assume Kenny Britt can. But Britt, I believe I've seen him block very tenaciously during the games. It's something you really do have to see and can never assume.

Ok i am not a huge fan of spending a draft pick on a WR this year but just looking at this guy can you really pass on him if he is there in the third. I say NOOOOOOO......and depending on our offseason i say 2b considering his measurables and workouts will probably be unreal.

Some may be thinking that his small school competition will make him a project well rodgers-cromartie is now a shut down corner and kendal langford started day one TALENT IS TALENT. and this kid has tons of talent there isnt a db in the AFC east that can cover him hell just throw it up to him and he will go get it.

And if that doesnt sway you look at my sig THAT IS DOMINATION...much like cam wake there is a difference in being a playmaker and a good player with lesser competition it is completely different when you totally dominate it.

So your thought on if and when you would take someone like Barden?

Barden reminds me a lot of San Diego TE (Antonio Gates)....same size and hands...not a speed burner but a huge target. I have seen lots of film on him and I think if he is there in the 3rd you grab him.....I think he could go late in the 2nd, especially if he gets his speed up at the combines.

I've had an eye on him for a bit... very good character, very hard worker for the team. he is a huge target with very good hands. definitely can help our red zone woes. He is not as slow as people may state, its just he doesn't explode off the line overly well, but he gets going. definitely needs work in route running, but is not overly far behind as some top WR's in the draft.

definite 3rd round pick for us if he is around!!! i like this kid a lot

I like small school guys. The intangibles like attitude come out. I don't think the FO will get over enamered with one guy at this point but just read that Parcells interviewed him and he likes small school guys so....should be interesting. Sure to watch to the Senior Bowl this weekend.

He reminds me a lot of Brandon Marshall, except he seems like less of a douche.

I would take Barden in the 4th round. There is still pleanty of talent on the board and I don't see anything to special about him. The WR we need to be looking at is Hakim Nicks. He's big, has good speed and watch his runs after the catch, he looks like quan, that guys the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom