Randy McMike a Future Probowler?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy McMike a Future Probowler??

34RWilliams

The Future
Reaction score
Since the retirement of Sharpe i decided to take a look a popular tight ends in the league right now and look at their stats Then I came across Tony Gonzalez. Will Randy pan out to be a Pro Bowl tight end in the league??

YEAR RECP YRDS AVG.
Tony Gonzalez- 1997 33 368 11.2
1998 59 621 10.2

Tony's first two season combined for 989 yrds
Randy's first two season combined for 1083 yrds

Randy has had a better first two seasons in comparison to Tony and if Randy gets the ball more I think he will be very productive and we have had Fiedler giving him the ball imagine a better QB dishing that ball out to Randy :D .

Randy McMicheal - 2002 39 485 12.4
2003 49 598 12.2

I agree, I'd put my money on randy making the probowl this year. He probably would have made it last year, except you had two arguable hall of fame players in the mix.

yes he will, i just hope we can keep him.

I think Todd Heap is still the best tight end in the AFC, but McMichael has all the potential. He needs to put up a little more numbers this year and stand out in a few big games and he'll get some pro bowl votes

I definitely think he has a shot if he puts up 50/60 catches for 600/700 yds. He'll never compare to Gonzalez's numbers in the KC offense a few years back when Grbac threw to him almost every play, but he should be really good.

McMichael's biggest competition is Gonzalez & Todd Heap.

Randy has all the potential to get to the pro-bowl, but the Dolphins are going to have to feed him the rock a lot for that to happen. He's going to have to have at least 150 YDS more and 5 TD's more than the reg pro-bowl TE's to get in there this year.

But I think before his career is over he'll be a reg pro-bowl TE.

Oliver...

34RWilliams said:
Dont toot that horn yet
Yes, I think he's THAT good. My bold prediction is that K2 will be the best tight end in the NFL by week 13-14.
McMichael would have a better shot at the Pro Bowl if he was in the NFC.

McMichael needs to really concentrate on his blocking though until he becomes a more complete tight end

McMichael will be in the pro bowl along with Heap or Gonzalez. The common thread among these tight ends is great running backs. Lewis, Priest and Ricky give these tight ends the chance to really shine. With the SS cheating the run...puts a LB on these guys and 99% of the LB's can not run with these guys.

Winslow JR and Shockey will both make the pro bowl for the NFC. Both guys have great runners also, Portis and Barber.

DOn't start talking about winslow yet, the Titans got Ben Troupe. I think he will be a hell of a tight end. He is huge, fast and has great hands.

Gonzalez is the best TE in the AFC without a shadow of a doubt. He dominates games by himself. Todd Heap and McMichael are similar IMO, I just tend to think Todd does better because he is one of their few passing weapons. Drew Rosenhaus said, that If Boston doesn't pan out the way Miami hopes he does, expect Randy to be Miami's other go-to-guy after CC. Will be interesting to see, to say the least...

mcmike would have been in the pro bowl the past 2 years if the offense realized what a gem he is.

Back
Top Bottom