Randy Starks might get franchise tag | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Starks might get franchise tag

I can live with franchising Starks but to be truthful i think letting him market would let him get to know what teams value him at and then we could sign him. Maybe its me but I dont see any team making him an offer long term for more than franchise tag
Lol he doesn't even have to let us know what teams are offering to begin with so he would hold the leverage plus if a good team offer him a good contract he might never deal with us again and just sign with them on the first day of FA.

Lol he doesn't even have to let us know what teams are offering to begin with so he would hold the leverage plus if a good team offer him a good contract he might never deal with us again and just sign with them on the first day of FA.

If he wants to truly sign with Miami he would communicate what his deal was to us if it was more.

Randy Starks is the only guy that I really want back out of our free agents. Good to see that the front office agrees with me.

Lol. Omar puts Starks on the spot and puts the pressure to reveal if "his" idea of discount is fair or not so fans can see who's the one being clearance rack here...

OmarKelly RT @starks94: Discount yea clearance rack heck no!» Is $26M over 4 clearance rack in your opinion?

I wouldnt try to sign Starks to more than a 3 year contract unfortunately players want longer contracts because its all about the signing bonus. I would guarantee more money over a three year though.
offer 3 years 18 million with 10 million bonus and work from there

Starks better choose whether or not to respond and if so, wisely because this can turn ugly real fast with the fans haha

If Dawn Aponte was willing to tell Tannehill's agent that his client could sign our deal or go back into the draft I can only imagine what she's threatening Starks with. Castration, perhaps. Waving the franchise tag around is boilerplate for this kind of thing.

The good news is we want him back and that he's willing to take a discount. That's fantastic news.

Randy Starks ‏@starks94
I want to be here and finish here!

Well he is certainly saying the right things. I wonder why he is so chatty about it all of a sudden, does he not want to hit free agency if he doesnt get tagged?

Just tag him. Its one less hole we have to fill for a player who has produced for us. 1 thing about Starks, his contracts won't be based on potential or staying healthy, somethng Smith and Long's contracts would have been based on.

Starks is a big part of our D, been consistently VG since he got here, and we need to keep him. Even if Odrick moves inside, Soliai only plays half the snaps, and will be a FA next year.

Back
Top Bottom