Ranking all 32 Offensive lines in the NFL...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking all 32 Offensive lines in the NFL......

James is an upgrade. Anyone who thinks he isnt hasnt been watching the dolphins. Alberts is an upgrade over Martin. dallas Thomas is an unknown, but he cannot be any worse than Jerry, so at this stage, its a break even, although perhaps a slight edge as he is younger and now fit.. I loved Incog at G, loved his play, his aggression. I hope Turner displays enough to start and at least be good enough to stay there for the year, The loss of Pouncy is a massive blow. If Larsen can play centre to a good level, then the line should be good. Brenner, Garner are average backups.

I still think we may be slightly better at O line that what we were last year.

James is an upgrade. Anyone who thinks he isnt hasnt been watching the dolphins. Alberts is an upgrade over Martin. dallas Thomas is an unknown, but he cannot be any worse than Jerry, so at this stage, its a break even, although perhaps a slight edge as he is younger and now fit.. I loved Incog at G, loved his play, his aggression. I hope Turner displays enough to start and at least be good enough to stay there for the year, The loss of Pouncy is a massive blow. If Larsen can play centre to a good level, then the line should be good. Brenner, Garner are average backups.

I still think we may be slightly better at O line that what we were last year.

No way to say James is an upgrade just hopefulness. You claim Thomas can be no worse than Jerry but Thomas earned no playing time on a horrible line lat year

Dallas Thomas couldn't crack the lineup last year when incognito was suspended so how is automatically an upgrade over him.. Keller got playing time while Dallas continued to sit. At this point Thomas is not an upgrade to anybody maybe he shall prove to be. as for Smith he struggled badly in passing protection and also was not good enough to take an injured lineman's spot.
Now could they both be upgrades, its quite possible but at this point there is no way that Thomas who was a backup that found no playing time at all last year with two guys suspended is an upgrade. Jerry and Smith is probably awash but overall that's still a downgrade with Thomas starting

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

You8 just don't get it. If the reports are positive its very credible, if they are negative they know nothing.

I thought we already covered this explaining why "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight" didn't make a concerted effort to retain Gibson, who led all receivers that year in 3rd down and TD completion percentages. But to reiterate, when the HC who got fired from his last job by the league's most forgiving owner, is also acting as the defacto GM, who has all of 6 winning seasons going on 19, 2 in the last 9 and zero in the last 4, and an OC who without the Colts laying down would have 2 winning seasons out of 8 and none in the last 3 are making the critical decisions - well, does their refusal to insert Smith reflect reality or the distinct possibility that once again that "gang" that couldn't shoot straight was typically misfiring? And did I mention they fired their DC too.

I thought we already covered this explaining why "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight" didn't make a concerted effort to retain Gibson, who led all receivers that year in 3rd down and TD completion percentages. But to reiterate, when the HC who got fired from his last job by the league's most forgiving owner, is also acting as the defacto GM, who has all of 6 winning seasons going on 19, 2 in the last 9 and zero in the last 4, and an OC who without the Colts laying down would have 2 winning seasons out of 8 and none in the last 3 are making the critical decisions - well, does their refusal to insert Smith reflect reality or the distinct possibility that once again that "gang" that couldn't shoot straight was typically misfiring? And did I mention they fired their DC too.

That's also explains why he was cut from Houston too I guess. I mean of course there is no way that Fisher might recognize if Smith was playing better in all that time. Both of thise winning percentages are better than our current coach in two years or current owner in 5 years.
Lets no forget that Fisher was your favorite owner's top choice as coach but couldn't agree because he didn't want Ireland. A year later neither did the same owner. By your logic nothing our owner ever does can be right since he has put out a non winning product every season he has owned and resigned his coach and GM in consecutive years only to end up firing them the next.

That's also explains why he was cut from Houston too I guess. I mean of course there is no way that Fisher might recognize if Smith was playing better in all that time. Both of thise winning percentages are better than our current coach in two years or current owner in 5 years.
Lets no forget that Fisher was your favorite owner's top choice as coach but couldn't agree because he didn't want Ireland. A year later neither did the same owner. By your logic nothing our owner ever does can be right since he has put out a non winning product every season he has owned and resigned his coach and GM in consecutive years only to end up firing them the next.

My favorite owner is Mickey Arison and he hired my favorite exec/GM.. so what you're spouting is a fallacy. And something tells me if Ross let Philbin hang in there as long as Bud Adams and Kronke did/have, he'd be dong better than zero winning seasons in 4 and definitely 2 in 9. Fisher should base his decisions on the George Costanza strategy: if I feel it's the right thing to do, I'll do the opposite. And if Smith was so bad in Houston, why did Fisher bring him on? 6 winning seasons in 18 and half? Come on, if Fisher thinks it's a sunny day, I'm bringing my raincoat. Gibson has already proved those 2 bozos wrong and I have no agenda to think their misuse of Smith was an anomaly to their overall decision-making records. Who doesn't believe that the Fisher/Schotty "braintrust" would have kept Bradford and traded the rights to Luck away if they had that opportunity? LOLOL

My favorite owner is Mickey Arison and he hired my favorite exec/GM.. so what you're spouting is a fallacy. And something tells me if Ross let Philbin hang in there as long as Bud Adams and Kronke did/have, he'd be dong better than zero winning seasons in 4 and definitely 2 in 9. Fisher should base his decisions on the George Costanza strategy: if I feel it's the right thing to do, I'll do the opposite. And if Smith was so bad in Houston, why did Fisher bring him on? 6 winning seasons in 18 and half? Come on, if Fisher thinks it's a sunny day, I'm bringing my raincoat. Gibson has already proved those 2 bozos wrong and I have no agenda to think their misuse of Smith was an anomaly to their overall decision-making records. Who doesn't believe that the Fisher/Schotty "braintrust" would have kept Bradford and traded the rights to Luck away if they had that opportunity? LOLOL

Their braintrust has been no worse than ours. Not that I like theirs any better than ours. I didn't want fisher and I definitely did not want philbin.

As for Micky Arison football is so different than BAsketball you cannot even compare owners. Only in basketball can u compete for a championship then suddenly have only one player under contract.
The only team I really admire in Basketball is the Spurs because they actually built a team from the ground up and built through smart drafting and trading.
Im not a spurs fan but you have to admire how that team was put to together and beat the more celebrated team. Im a Celtics fan and hope we are on the right path but I give credit where its due.
Basketball overall very teams really have a shot to win it all and a city like San Antonio constantly putting out a superior product while retaining players is downright amazing in the current NBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe those guys on that site could rate the teams in order and we could just crown a SB champion now, saving future concussion lawsuits and a lot of pain and suffering by the players. We'd even have the draft order for next year all set. Plus, we'd know we would never again have a Bullygate, Spygate, Bountygate, or any other gate type scandal. Although I guess off season scandals would skyrocket as players would have even more time to find trouble. Gotta work that part out.:ponder:

Back
Top Bottom