Rapid Fire: Rate the Miami Dolphins draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rapid Fire: Rate the Miami Dolphins draft

Your draft grade for Miami's 2012 draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Solid B. If Tanne pans out - A. Idk, I really like the Egnew pick. Can´t block? At 6"5 250 lbs? Well see about that. If anything else, there might be that big red zone target right there.
There's a difference between a guy that can't block and a guy that was never asked to block. Egnew was never asked to block in college.

For my 100th post, I've graded the draft an A. My reasons are:
1) we finally drafted someone that the coaching staff thinks is a 1st round franchise QB, and I trust them to know given their experience and intimate knowledge of the player.
2) we next addressed, with first round talent, our other most critical need in offensive tackle which was abysmal last year on the right side.
3) after years of wanting one, we finally drafted a true pass-catching tight-end.
4) we addressed our other lesser needs (IMHO) in a pass-rushing DE, an OLB, a DT, and 2 WR plus more of them for competition in UDFA.

I would have liked to have had a few offensive guards, but maybe the staff feels what we have can be molded to fit that need. All in all, we have addressed those areas of greatest weakness, while taking advantage of falling high level talent to get 1st to 3rd round talent in rounds 4-7 and WR that our staff likes late in the draft. Do I agree with every pick? No. But I'm not going to pretend to know more than these professionals. If they think they made the right pick, I will accept that given the way the draft played out, they seemed to have hit all the needs at a proper time in the draft. We the fans were all screaming WR WR WR and what happened, top level talent fell to us very late in the draft. They played the board magnificently in my opinion, if they feel confident that the players they picked grade out to their pre-draft grades (other than Tannehill where they had inside knowledge and they had graded higher than the board had him).

All in all, brilliantly done by our staff. We will see how the draft plays out over the next few years. I like the move to more athletic from just plain large in some areas, as required by the WCO. It will make for a more exciting team to watch, and hopefully more success!

I'm more excited about this draft than I have been in a very long time. The athleticism and talent throughout the draft picks far exceeds any draft I recall us having had in the past.

lol I can't remember after a Dolphins draft in the last 10+ years more than 50% thought a Dolphins draft was an A or B grade.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Lol my glasses are no where near as rose colored as all yours. This draft is an F. Other than Martin no one drated will be on this team three years from now. Tannehill will prove to be a bust by then as well. Oh well. More years of rebuilding. Cant wait for ireland to go.

Seriously, not just trolling?

lol I can't remember after a Dolphins draft in the last 10+ years more than 50% thought a Dolphins draft was an A or B grade.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Seriously, not just trolling?
So if someone has an opinion other than the popular he is trolling? I have been a fin fan my whole life. I have been to over 100 games. No i am not trolling. I dont see anything other than average in this draft. I stand by my statement. 3 years and martin will be the only one left out of this class.

So if someone has an opinion other than the popular he is trolling? I have been a fin fan my whole life. I have been to over 100 games. No i am not trolling. I dont see anything other than average in this draft. I stand by my statement. 3 years and martin will be the only one left out of this class.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will be inaccurate.

Dude you typed F, not C or even a D. Oh well I bit.

89% think this was at least a good draft while 98% think it was satisfactory or better. That should just about sum it up. When was the last time we've had THAT much positive consensus on a draft!?

I seriously don't get the D and F grades...but then again, looking at some who gave those grades, I'm not surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the gamble on Tannehill. In my opinion you draft a qb if you think they will be elite until you have an elite qb. It appears we got some great value with our picks and addressed needs. I think this will be another solid draft for Ireland.

Be a while before we have any real idea.

We'll have a couple clues by the first game ... & a rough idea by the end of the season.

i.e. We can just now form up an idea about last year ... but still don't know ... see speculation here all the time.

This was the first time in 20 years that I didn't watch any of the draft. Based on what little I know of the players in the later rounds, I'd say B-/C+.

Back
Top Bottom