RB Jaylen Wright | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

Jaylen is my favorite pick! I was hoping we took him with our 2nd pick just because he is such a special talent. Watching him all through his career at UT. Amazing vision, speed and tough as hell.

We get arguably day 1 talent at RB in the 4th round, and a large portion of our fanbase is livid?!?! There truly is no pleasing some people. I really think there are fans just trying to be angry with everything Grier does....like it's a mission 🤷‍♂️

I can see with my own eyes how talented Jaylin Wright is. However, just knowing Mike McDaniel wanted him so badly that they traded up with a future 3rd to get him, that tells me even more about his potential on our team.

This is a lethal trio we now possess and an extremely loaded all around RB room, again, for a coach who specializes in the running game.

IMO anybody saying they didn't want any developmental players, doesn't understand the draft. Every pick is a developmental player. On average only about 1/3 of 1st round picks play more than 300 snaps. And I expect that Chop will almost assuredly be in that 1/3 while there's a strong chance that Paul will end up playing quite a bit too. We might even get 150-200 snaps from Wright (not including STs).

Here. Our depth at these exact positions hurt us quite a bit last year and derailed our season. Those same injuries will affect our 2024 season so filling those positions with depth was critical.

Outside is finding a player to replace Liam Eichenberg, I’m not sure what else anyone wanted us to really address?

Here. Our depth at these exact positions hurt us quite a bit last year and derailed our season. Those same injuries will affect our 2024 season so filling those positions with depth was critical.

Outside is finding a player to replace Liam Eichenberg, I’m not sure what else anyone wanted us to really address?
I very much enjoyed this draft and agree on a lot of the picks. But I also look at it this way. Grier drafted high dollar positions we will need in the future, great. It's what good teams should do. We did minimal high value OL work this draft. We supplemented a few meh FAs, especially IMO @ Center. It's seviceable for a year or two at best. Our tackles should give Tua a good start on his contract, everything IOL we did nothing for this year or future years and that is extremely concerning for a pocket passer.

Sure, solidify key money positions, Grier has done that consistently during his tenure. The failure to provide a consistent constantly improving OL is going to be disastrous.

I honestly think he just doesn't like 🌽. On the cob, in his salsa, on his offensive line. But he makes the decisions so we sit here and sift through the tea leaves.

I very much enjoyed this draft and agree on a lot of the picks. But I also look at it this way. Grier drafted high dollar positions we will need in the future, great. It's what good teams should do. We did minimal high value OL work this draft. We supplemented a few meh FAs, especially IMO @ Center. It's seviceable for a year or two at best. Our tackles should give Tua a good start on his contract, everything IOL we did nothing for this year or future years and that is extremely concerning for a pocket passer.

Sure, solidify key money positions, Grier has done that consistently during his tenure. The failure to provide a consistent constantly improving OL is going to be disastrous.

I honestly think he just doesn't like 🌽. On the cob, in his salsa, on his offensive line. But he makes the decisions so we sit here and sift through the tea leaves.

We signed Aaron Brewer who appears to be a solid fit for our offense and drafted an ideal LT understudy to a player who misses time every year and has one foot out the door. He’s also been in contract with a couple veteran (Risner and Van Roten) OGs that could provide a nice upgrade over Liam Eichenberg.

I started a thread about signing Van Roten a month ago and Risner is mentioned once every 10 minutes somewhere on Finheaven. If we add one of those guys we’ll be in a better position than we have been in awhile.

The draft played out perfectly for us given our injury concerns both with players returning from them and a player who can’t avoid them. While mixing in FA upgrades at LB (Brooks), TE (Smith) and S (Poyer). Those positions also suffered from both an injury standpoint and a talent deficiency stand point.

Too many people are fixated on what player we didn’t get and not appreciating the ones we did.

Pass rushing and pass protection got a big boost.

Don’t worry about the future. Enjoy the present.

Back
Top Bottom