Real Men | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Real Men

touborg said:
Did you even read my piece?

Because from what you wrote, it doesn't seem like it.

Yes i did, but I must have drawn a different conclusion. You made the whole thing sound like you were saying he was a real man, then you say Miami gambled on him and lost. Like that didn't make him a real man because he couldn't take all those things? From your post I take it I took it the wrong way, if so I apologize. Maybe explain where I went wrong?

Phinzone said:
Funny that people question the manlyness of a player who took more carries in a shorter time than anyone in NFL history.

Put 99.9% of us in Ricky's spot for a game and we'd come out crying if we weren't in a coma. How in the hell can you question a guy's manlyness for leaving a GAME? What gender of a person was carrying this team on his shoulders for hte last 2 years? Sure as hell didn't look like the work of a woman. THat back had balls of steel. Now we have jokers making cracks at his sexuality. Get a life and be thankful that he gave us a shot for 2 years.
While i agree with most of your post, saying we should b happy he gave us 2 years is a very poor comment. I dont think anyioe outside of the AFC East rivals are satisfied we gave up 2 first rouunders and a pot of money for 2 years, with only one of them being great and the other good.

MOULDSROCKS said:
He's a better man than Ricky will ever be.

I said he was tougher than RW in a thread a week ago and was blasted for it.
Isn't that funny?
Ya, your right tht is funny. Funny u said hes tougher then Ricky Williams. Hes got more heart, and more desire, but i wouldnt say tougher. Ill give u its debatable, but Ricky is probably tougher. I honestly dont think Travis henry could of gotten 3000+ yards, with the carries Ricky got both years, with the awful O-Line and no passing game. Ricky is as tough as it gets, just has no heart.

Well the beginning praises him for taking an unreal workload. That's why I wondered.

All I meant was that he's not the complete hero/athlete/idol many people took him for. And about the gamble, if you pay 2 first rounders for someone and you don't make the playoffs two years in a row, build the offence around him only to have him quit before camp, then yes, you lost the gamble.

What do I tell my kid

My kid saves about a hundred bucks delivering papers for like three months, he is ten years old and wants to be taken to new jersey in may to get and meet ricky williams for a autographed jersey of his favorite player. Ricky was nice took a picture and the hundred bucks. The jersey hangs in his room and he waits for the season, then he hears I quit on sunday, Dad is it ok to quit on people or your team like that? I worked so hard to get that money and he just quits why?

I dont know son

Back
Top Bottom