Realistic Options at ILB Moving Forward? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Realistic Options at ILB Moving Forward?

Is anyone confident that Mike Hull will be consistently able to get off blocks this year? I'm not that confident in him in the middle.... even though he will only play about 35% of the time. Those gashes up the middle could be an issue.

Move Timmons to the middle so we can keep Alonso (where he belongs) at WLB. Put Hewitt at SLB. Sign a FA like Perry Riley or DeAndre Levy if his hip checks out.

Perry Riley is an idiot with an IQ of teddy bear, and Levy has stated he won't be cleared for activity until November.

Well these next 3 games will give us some indication of where these young guys are in their development. I believe I read somewhere that we gave Chase Allen a bonus to sign as a rookie fa this year and it appeared he played well this last week abliet against other 3rd teamers. I have been very interested 4 specific college FA from this year which was Allens play, along with Eric Smith the OT from VA, the Smith DB/safety from Ga, and the RB Smith kid from Michigan. All 4 had draft able grades from different draft publications along with Stringfellow from. Miss State. So far all appeared to flash in last weeks preason game from what I read. Allan, Smith the OT and Smith the DB saftey all could help out in some of our areas where we have little depth. Draft picks are all playing well too outside of the 2 guys that are injured.

This is our best hope guys: Either Deon Lacey or Brandon Watts plays so well this preseason that they have to make room for them to take some 1st team snaps.

Both Watts and Lacey should be effective blitzers and Watts is supposedly an excellent coverage guy, supposedly; he has never stayed healthy long enough to establish himself as anything but ST's cover guy.

If a miracle has occurred and Watts is now durable, he could force either Timmons or Kiko inside, and imo, that would be better.
Watts has bulked up to 242. At 225 he ran a 4.41 forty and he has 33.5 inch arms as well. If he and Nate Allen could stay healthy until mid-season, then TJ McDonald could come on the stage and play some LB in passing situations. A lot of teams are using big safeties as LB's these days.

We should have a couple youngsters(Hendy,Smith) ready behind Nate Allen by mid-season. Maybe even Chase Allen will be ready by Mid-season. He is apparently brilliant, won academic awards and stuff.

We still don't know the extent of RM's injury, but assuming it's an ACL tear, what are the realistic options on the table right now? I've been hearing T. Bulloch, R. Mualaga etc. Given our current salary cap situation, who can we legitimately bring in? Let's get everything out on the table.

MLB is only going to see the field like a third of all snaps (barring injury)

Malauaga looked done in Cincy
Agreed......I am not a fan of this guy at all, he's been hurt and his play has declined quite a bit. There's a reason Cincy cut him.

Watts and Lacey what are their backgrounds and where did they come from? I was looking at them as camp fodder.

Back
Top Bottom