Really is sad how everything worked out... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Really is sad how everything worked out...

sensation24

Miami Dolphins # 1
Reaction score
Seems like not that long ago we got Parcells as our VP of football operations and things were looking up after a dreadful and franchise worst 1-15 record. We had no talent, no reliable coaching staff and once again no Franchise or even capable QB to look forward to seeing for the upcoming season.

Then along comes Parcells & Ireland and they bring in Tony Sparano who people raved was an up and coming coach in this league and that the attitude and mentality of this team was going to do a complete 180. They got rid of a lot of meaningless players and coaches and did what any successful team rebuilding did, which was building for the future through the draft.

We go out and draft Long as our # 1 pick and Franchise LT, We draft Chad Henne who a lot of people thought would be a terrific NFL QB along with some other solid picks (not including the Pat White disaster) and Chad Pennington falls into our laps after the Jets cut him loose in favor of Favre.

The 2008 Season turned out to be an amazing and completely unexpected year: 11-5 record & AFC East Championship. The Birth of the wild cat. Winning our last 5 games to make the playoffs capped off with one of the best Dolphin/Jet games to end our Magical season.

Since then we have had 7-9, 7-9, & currently 0-6. We have had solid drafts under Sparano & Ireland that brought in guys like Jake Long, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Dan Carpenter, Koa Misi, Kendall Langford, Mike Pouncey, Brian Hartline, Daniel Thomas, Jared Odrick along with some good free agent pick ups like Karlos Dansby, Cameron Wake, Anthony Fasano etc.

This is a team that has very good talent on both sides of the ball. I am happy with our core of receivers in Marshall, Bess & Hartline. I think Fasano can be overlooked and underrated at times. He is a great blocking TE and has had some big games with us. He has shown to have great hands and is just a tough SOB.

Main problem that we have, that we have ALWAYS had: Quarterback
16 and soon to be 17 different QBs since Dan retired.
That is a joke and a disgrace. Henne in my mind has the potential but along the same lines I think the fact that Sparano has been responsible for his developement has been Henne's downfall.
That is why the next QB they draft must have an entirely different regime to groom him for success, especially playing for the Miami Dolphins where they will always have to be in the Shadow of Dan Marino.

Its ultimately sad for Sparano that he has tried his best to get this team to compete week in and week out but always come out on the losing side. His first 3 years with this team, even the 2 7-9 seasons, they had chances to make the playoffs. It wasn't until the last games of the season that Miami was "Mathematically" out. Whoever the next coach of this team will be is going to inherit a team with quite a bit of talent on it.

Its just sad that 2008 seemed so long ago that things were looking so very promising and now its 2007 all over again. Sorry for such a long post.

had to skip the first few paragraphs because you started to give us a Dolphin history of what has gone on lately, but you're telling it to a forum of dolphin fans.

we already know. we lived it too.

Talking about it is just the start of the healing process..

It is really sad. And what's even more sad is that I was actually excited about Parcells coming here.

Dallas Cowboy fans are EVERYWHERE in this country and it's no different where I live. I have about seven really good friends locally who are all Cowboy fans and when all of this went down, they were all telling me what a trainwreck he had made the Cowboys. I just couldn't understand how they could crush that guy and just chalked it up to them being goober Cowboy fans like most. Believe me, they're all goobers, too lol.

It seems as if Bill Parcells has taken the same path I watched Bobby Knight take. He's a brilliant football mind, but he failed to adjust to the changes of the game today from when he was at the top of the mountain.

The drafts have panned out to be bad under these guys. This team is not that talented.

I know I wasn't happy when Parcells came to the Fins...

All that and there are people asking for another czar. Bleep Cowher, Gruden, Fisher and any other retread.

Seems like not that long ago we got Parcells as our VP of football operations and things were looking up after a dreadful and franchise worst 1-15 record. We had no talent, no reliable coaching staff and once again no Franchise or even capable QB to look forward to seeing for the upcoming season.

Then along comes Parcells & Ireland and they bring in Tony Sparano who people raved was an up and coming coach in this league and that the attitude and mentality of this team was going to do a complete 180. They got rid of a lot of meaningless players and coaches and did what any successful team rebuilding did, which was building for the future through the draft.

We go out and draft Long as our # 1 pick and Franchise LT, We draft Chad Henne who a lot of people thought would be a terrific NFL QB along with some other solid picks (not including the Pat White disaster) and Chad Pennington falls into our laps after the Jets cut him loose in favor of Favre.

The 2008 Season turned out to be an amazing and completely unexpected year: 11-5 record & AFC East Championship. The Birth of the wild cat. Winning our last 5 games to make the playoffs capped off with one of the best Dolphin/Jet games to end our Magical season.

Since then we have had 7-9, 7-9, & currently 0-6. We have had solid drafts under Sparano & Ireland that brought in guys like Jake Long, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Dan Carpenter, Koa Misi, Kendall Langford, Mike Pouncey, Brian Hartline, Daniel Thomas, Jared Odrick along with some good free agent pick ups like Karlos Dansby, Cameron Wake, Anthony Fasano etc.

This is a team that has very good talent on both sides of the ball. I am happy with our core of receivers in Marshall, Bess & Hartline. I think Fasano can be overlooked and underrated at times. He is a great blocking TE and has had some big games with us. He has shown to have great hands and is just a tough SOB.

Main problem that we have, that we have ALWAYS had: Quarterback
16 and soon to be 17 different QBs since Dan retired.
That is a joke and a disgrace. Henne in my mind has the potential but along the same lines I think the fact that Sparano has been responsible for his developement has been Henne's downfall.
That is why the next QB they draft must have an entirely different regime to groom him for success, especially playing for the Miami Dolphins where they will always have to be in the Shadow of Dan Marino.

Its ultimately sad for Sparano that he has tried his best to get this team to compete week in and week out but always come out on the losing side. His first 3 years with this team, even the 2 7-9 seasons, they had chances to make the playoffs. It wasn't until the last games of the season that Miami was "Mathematically" out. Whoever the next coach of this team will be is going to inherit a team with quite a bit of talent on it.

Its just sad that 2008 seemed so long ago that things were looking so very promising and now its 2007 all over again. Sorry for such a long post.

well, not sure I agree with solid drafts......Misi hasn't really doen anything to be considered solid, specially since he was a 2nd round pick....Odrick has not proven anything either and he was a 1st round pick...Sean Smith solid? you're kidding, right? I'm a very positive person who believe there's beena few good players drafted(Thomas is one of them)but overall they have missed more than they have hit.

Ozzy rules!!

Its sad to me because whos to say that we aren't going go right back into that again? Pretend this is your 2007, are we going to be rewarded with false hope next year? that will continue for another a couple? Then restart again?

It has to end sometime. I think the only way to end it is to draft "luck" because of his skill, position, and last name. Because we lack "luck" we have horrible luck.

This is pointless, but I look back to the turning point of this whole regime, which I think was the end of the first half against New Orleans in 2009. Miami was marching down the field while leading 24-3. Davone Bess fumbled and New Orleans recovered. Colston caught a long pass to the 1 yard line and the qb sneak touchdown by Brees brought the Saints score to 24-10. It was the turning point of this regime. If they had scored the game would have been over. They would have won their third game in a row, and Chad Henne (who was playing with incredible confidence at the time) wouldn't have had it affected. I say Miami wins 10 or 11 games that year if they win that game and everything changes.

It started going bad toward the end of the Shula era...JJ was not the right coach and he pretty much ended any hope that Dan could finish his career with a Superbowl win. Then we saw one coach and QB after another come and go. It's been one big mess for about the past ten years. We need stability, a great coach and a franchise QB. Hey, it can only get better, right???

i disagree when you said that Miami has "very good" talent on both sides of the ball.

The truth is, they don't.

Stop overrating this bunch. They're a bad team

Aaaiiieeee .... there's a Homer in all your mirrors!!

I stopped reading at FRANCHISE LT! Some people never learn!

Back
Top Bottom