Rebuilding The Heat | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rebuilding The Heat

Yeah, read that a bit earlier from DF. Doesn't he sometimes just piss you off? JK/LMAO.

Na. One of my best buddies on here plus i never have to do twitter because he's all over it for us.
Even though that prick did best me in march madness this year :chuckle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Riley is doing a Great job. C/PF- Bosh, Mc Roberts, Bird, and Haslem is an upgrade. SF- Deng and Granger are good, and if Granger comes back from injury, could be better than good. SG/PG- Wade, Chalmers, and Cole are the same, aside from Allen.

We were going to give James the max, which goes to Bosh, give Wade $15M a year for 4 years, which I hear we are still going to do, and give Bosh around $17-18M a year, giving Deng only $10M. McRoberts and Granger were on the exemptions, and the rest were under the Bird rule.

So, as I have it figured, Riley could still spend $7-8M for a SG to be able to rest Wade. As I see the team now, I think we are around a top 4 seed in the East. One more VG move, and we may even be able to contend in the East. Well Done!!!

Ennis sure looks ready to me. I hope he gains a rotation spot

Just hoping playing with LeQuit didn't **** up Bosh's game and that he can regain his Toronto dominant style of play. Was disappointed in the resigning of Chalmers... was hoping for new blood. Also, unlike Ennis, Shabazz hasn't looked so great this summer, so I hope that's a blip. But overall, Riles again is proving that if not the best GM decision making wheeler and dealer in all of sports, he's in the top 3 pantheon. And as far as those 2 year LeQuit and Deng deals go, aside from KD being available, considering a leopard like Gilbert doesn't change his stripes, - nor does an organization, and a good European coach is still an untested minor leaguer....like fishy said "we'll keep the light on. " LOL

We need a good back up SG, I love Wade but chances are he misses at least 15-20 games. Who starts if Wade is out? Who can we still sign?

Just hoping playing with LeQuit didn't **** up Bosh's game and that he can regain his Toronto dominant style of play. Was disappointed in the resigning of Chalmers... was hoping for new blood. Also, unlike Ennis, Shabazz hasn't looked so great this summer, so I hope that's a blip. But overall, Riles again is proving that if not the best GM decision making wheeler and dealer in all of sports, he's in the top 3 pantheon. And as far as those 2 year LeQuit and Deng deals go, aside from KD being available, considering a leopard like Gilbert doesn't change his stripes, - nor does an organization, and a good European coach is still an untested minor leaguer....like fishy said "we'll keep the light on. " LOL

Agreed on all but, did not see a better option at PG over Chalmers. Would it not be special if the Heat played the Cavs in the second round of the playoffs? I would be at every home game.

We need a good back up SG, I love Wade but chances are he misses at least 15-20 games. Who starts if Wade is out? Who can we still sign?

That is the missing piece, and there is not much out there. The best I see is Alan Anderson from the Nets, good defender and outside shooter.

Shabazz apparently injured his right thumb during summer league and has been wearing black tape on it. It might be affecting his stroke.

Shabazz apparently injured his right thumb during summer league and has been wearing black tape on it. It might be affecting his stroke.

Hopefully that's what is wrong. He unfollowed lebron and deleted all his tweets lol good man

If any of you guys could rewatch the draft, the thing that really stood out about Napier was how articulate he was. Everybody, and I mean everybody who was drafted said the same crap in the same way "Um, I'm just blessed to um be apart of a great um franchise um, etc." . . . Napier spoke with 0 um's complete confidence and wasn't phased by any of the spotlight. That kid is going to be ice . . . real good feeling about him.

Even more props to Bosh: turns out he had attractive alternative options but chose to remain faithful

Chris Bosh Also Received Strong Offers From Nuggets, Suns, Lakers
Jul 14, 2014 2:38 PM EDT

Chris Bosh received "strong" offers from multiple teams beyond the Houston Rockets, as the Denver Nuggets, Phoenix Suns and Los Angeles Lakers were also interested.

Bosh ultimately decided to re-sign with the Miami Heat on a five-year, $118 million deal.

"[There were] very enticing offers," Bosh said. "There was some surprising advances made in everything, but I ultimately decided to stay in Miami. I think it was the right choice. I benefit from it, the team will benefit from it, from here. My heart was in Miami. I wanted to be there and keep my family there and build relationships and really keep building on something special."

If any of you guys could rewatch the draft, the thing that really stood out about Napier was how articulate he was. Everybody, and I mean everybody who was drafted said the same crap in the same way "Um, I'm just blessed to um be apart of a great um franchise um, etc." . . . Napier spoke with 0 um's complete confidence and wasn't phased by any of the spotlight. That kid is going to be ice . . . real good feeling about him.

Jim Calhoun loves him; can't find the exact quote, but called him one of the best college players he's seen in the last 10 years.

Really glad Birdman got resigned. Proof positive that white men can jump :)

Good take on the Heat moves from Ira

http://wqam.com/2014/07/14/ira-winderman-123/

Ira thinks Lebron knew what he was going to do and should have given Riley a heads up before free agency started June 1st. I agree with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom