***Reflection on today's AFC Championship game.*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Reflection on today's AFC Championship game.***

Ravens figure to fall off a bit next season. A loss like that is psychologically difficult to set aside. You could sense from the opening week against Pittsburgh that they were determined to take one last run at it.

I felt sick for Ed Reed. Particularly after he made the great clutch deflection on Brady's final pass. It was so reminiscent of AFC Championship Game 2006 when Brady had a chance to put the Colts away on 3rd and 4 with about 2 minutes remaining. But he missed the read, the ball fell incomplete, and Peyton took Indianapolis down the field to steal the game.

Reed has been so banged up the past few seasons he doesn't play as tight to the line of scrimmage, or make as many physical plays when they are needed. He's mostly a deep center field finesse rover these days. Nationally he doesn't get any heat for it but there are murmurs among Ravens fans. I've noticed that he saves his old style physical nature for huge games like this, particularly late in the game. Last season in the AFC playoffs he had quite a battle with Hines Ward, brutal collisions both ways. Before that crucial 3rd down play tonight I told the people I was watching the game with that Reed would crash an underneath attempt, if it went his way.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

Watching the Patriots makes me sick. I don't care which division they are in. Their style of play with all the shot gun and Strawberry Shortcake passes is unbearable.

Once Flacco failed to wait the extra half second for the fullback to clear on the second down bootleg play after Woodhead fumbled the kickoff, you had to sense the Patriots would escape again. If he senses and makes that play for 24-16 the mathematical edge would have been enough. At 20-16 it was basically pick-em.

Damn...haven't seen you around in a hot minute.

Anyone else see the irony that the Patriots defense, (and a kicker), got them into another Super Bowl?

Anyone else see the irony that the Patriots defense, (and a kicker), got them into another Super Bowl?

They sure didn't win because of elite QB play. The better defense won yesterday-New England. Flacco was the better QB and lost.

Lee Evans caught that TD pass. He had both arms around the ball and both feet on the ground IN THE ENDZONE-Thats a TD. The Pats DB a split second later knocked the ball out of his hand
Had that happened to Welker or Gronkowski, it would have been ruled a TD.

Lee Evans caught that TD pass. He had both arms around the ball and both feet on the ground IN THE ENDZONE-Thats a TD. The Pats DB a split second later knocked the ball out of his hand
Had that happened to Welker or Gronkowski, it would have been ruled a TD.

I was a little surprised that Harbaugh didnt challenge it, and for the matter, it was a play in the endzone, aren't the Refs supposed to do their own little replay?

I have seen it 3 or 4 times, I don't think he had both feet down while he had control of it personally.

Elite QB beats average QB.

Poor defense beats elite defense.

Uhmmm....

Did you watch that game? That was one of the worst outings I have ever ever seen Tammy Buttchin have.

It had nothing to do with the "Elite QB beating the Average QB". It had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that the law firm the Cheatriots have in their backfield was averaging like 9 yards per carry. THAT was the difference maker.

I believe it was under two minutes so the officials had to call for a replay, but you know the refs and Brady...

Uhmmm....

Did you watch that game? That was one of the worst outings I have ever ever seen Tammy Buttchin have.

It had nothing to do with the "Elite QB beating the Average QB". It had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that the law firm the Cheatriots have in their backfield was averaging like 9 yards per carry. THAT was the difference maker.

Joe Flacco got to go against a lousy Patriots defense that had a wide receiver playing DB lol. Why didn't Flacco pick on him? Because Joe Flacco is an average QB. Why didn't Joe run for that first down at the end of the game on 3rd and 1? Instead he forces a bad pass. He's an average NFL QB.

Tom Brady had to face an elite NFL defense and his best weapon is Wes Welker. Welker had 53 yards because Baltimore is one of the best team's in the league at taking away the middle of the field. They do this because they have Ed Reed playing safety back there. One man who can take away the deep ball. We all knew Brady wasn't going to do to Baltimore what he did to Denver. He won't do it to New York either.

Joe Flacco got to go against a lousy Patriots defense that had a wide receiver playing DB lol. Why didn't Flacco pick on him? Because Joe Flacco is an average QB. Why didn't Joe run for that first down at the end of the game on 3rd and 1? Instead he forces a bad pass. He's an average NFL QB.

Tom Brady had to face an elite NFL defense and his best weapon is Wes Welker. Welker had 53 yards because Baltimore is one of the best team's in the league at taking away the middle of the field. They do this because they have Ed Reed playing safety back there. One man who can take away the deep ball. We all knew Brady wasn't going to do to Baltimore what he did to Denver. He won't do it to New York either.

If Lee Evans doesn't drop the game winning TD we're all sitting here talking about how Brady and his 57 QBR choked in the playoffs yet once again. We would also be talking about how "clutch" Flacco is for moving the ball down the field with around a 1:30 to go in the 4th quarter for the game winning TD.

But alas, Evans dropped the easy catch and their kicker missed a chip shot so some will talk about Brady being great because of this even though he still put up a 57 QBR with 2 INT's and 0 TD's. (And by all rights he threw 3 INT's)

Ummmm... Flacco played better than Brady.

And?

If this and that. Lee Evans had that ball stripped. He didn't drop anything. That was a great defensive play at the right time that the Patriots needed. If the Patriots were in the 3rd and 1 situation, Tom Brady runs for that first down because he knows what to do in that situation. Flacco **** the bed. And somehow people are surprised.

Wait, so you're saying an elite QB DOESNT beat an elite defense?

You really need to just stop while your behind.

Back
Top Bottom