Regression of Crustedt | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Regression of Crustedt

LarryFinFan said:
LoXin...we could have beaten Texas as well if Mare makes a field goal, or our vaunted D holds an expansion team, but the PLAYERS didn't get it done. That is the bottom line. The problem is not that the players were not coached well, they didn't have the overall talent to get the job done....particularly the O. You could also say that if JF didn't get hurt as much and we would have made the p/o's the last two years...I'm not a huge DW fan, but under his guidance, we have been better than mediocre in a league that promotes mediocrity. The bottom line is that DW is a poor judge of talent or does not possess the skills to work the draft, FA, and the cap. The problem with your ultimatim is that this year is different than the last 4...he is no longer in charge of the player personnel. IMO, he will lose his job if the OL and Dbo and AJ don't pan out, but is that entirely fair ?? Is is fair for RS to lose his job only one year into having the player personnel job ?? So, my guess is that if we again are 10-6 and make the p/o's and get ousted in the first round , he'll be here again next year. If we miss the p/o's...unless there are some other circumstances, he won't be here. I hope we don't get what most people are hoping for because a new staff means more uncertainty.

Type that correctly and maybe I'll read it. I'm not going to dig through for things to address.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Disagree. That is the perfect time to go for 2. If it works, it forces the Texans to go for a touchdown. If it fails, you still have a good defense that should keep the Texans at bay.

And that is why you are not coaching an NFL team. :D

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I don't see you coaching an NFL team.

That is true, point being that if we were on the sidelines coaching that day, you would have lost in regulation and I would have went to overtime. And I probably would've lost in overtime, so what does it matter? ;)

KATSKAN said:
That is true, point being that if we were on the sidelines coaching that day, you would have lost in regulation and I would have went to overtime. And I probably would've lost in overtime, so what does it matter? ;)

I would of called a better play. If memory serves me correctly, I really disliked the play they called to get the two points.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I would of called a better play. If memory serves me correctly, I really disliked the play they called to get the two points.

Excellent point - you would think teams would have a few plays designed for 2 point trys where teams couldn't pick up on watching film. Plays that you would rank with very high confidence of suceeding.

LoXiN said:
Yeah? And what have we gotten to show for it? We have gotten worse each year under his leadership. We don't have the players we need but a good coach makes the team his own. Wanny's team just plain SUCKS

If they are what you say they are, why didn't they go 0-16?

You can blame Wanne for Jay and the lack of talent and heart on this team in the past all you want, but that is no longer his area of responsibility. Rick's is now responsible for getting and keeping talent and has done a decent job for his first year and cap constraints.

Wanne the head coach is 100% expected to be better relieved of the primary personnel decision burden. It remains to be seen if he can get more out of this team, especially Rick and the O than he did the last 2. If he wins the AFCE (over the Pats), you can be sure, he will be back barring another (dare I say it) 62-7 or 38-3 fiasco in the playoffs

dolphan39 said:
You can blame Wanne for Jay and the lack of talent and heart on this team in the past all you want, but that is no longer his area of responsibility. Rick's is now responsible for getting and keeping talent and has done a decent job for his first year and cap constraints.

Wanne the head coach is 100% expected to be better relieved of the primary personnel decision burden. It remains to be seen if he can get more out of this team, especially Rick and the O than he did the last 2. If he wins the AFCE (over the Pats), you can be sure, he will be back barring another (dare I say it) 62-7 or 38-3 fiasco in the playoffs

I totally agree. Whether you like Wanny's coaching style or not, he has put up 41 wins with a serious lack of talent on offense.

He has done a better job than many, many coaches. Even in his head-to-head matchups with the 'great' coaches, he hasn't been bad.

I think this is the make or break year for him.

Back
Top Bottom