Regression of Crustedt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Regression of Crustedt

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I think Wanny made the right move going for 2.

We LOST by 1 point. If we had just taken the extra point it woulda gone to OT. He got greedy and paid the price for it.

Wanny has not had a lot of talent to work with (although his stuubornness in sticking with Feidler hasn't helped. But that is another debate.) But, for me, it is his conservative style during games or inabilty step down hard on a team we have our foots on thier neck, that bugs me. Instead Wanny gets conservative. He is a master at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. If he would just sack up and take a chance once and while I think he would be a far better Head Coach.

LoXiN said:
We LOST by 1 point. If we had just taken the extra point it woulda gone to OT. He got greedy and paid the price for it.

So? If Miami did make the 2, then the Texans have to go for a touchdown instead of a field goal at the end of the game.

He paid the price for a HORRIBLE throw by Fielder, a bad holding call on McMichael and poor tackling and blown coverages.

Step up yes, but not make mindless errors like he has in the past when he has attempted to do just that.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
So? If Miami did make the 2, then the Texans have to go for a touchdown instead of a field goal at the end of the game.

He paid the price for a HORRIBLE throw by Fielder, a bad holding call on McMichael and poor tackling and blown coverages.

yeah that may be so but it was a dumb call. Hes inability to see that Fiedler IS NOT a good QB is his own fault. Therefore you can blame hime for the horrible throw. I am not doing that, I am blaming him on the 2 points. We lost because he was greedy. Not because the other things.

LoXiN said:
yeah that may be so but it was a dumb call. Hes inability to see that Fiedler IS NOT a good QB is his own fault. Therefore you can blame hime for the horrible throw. I am not doing that, I am blaming him on the 2 points. We lost because he was greedy. Not because the other things.

nope, you are wrong. it was a smart call.

It seems you didn't watch the game.

I saw every game last year. People in the chat will tell you when it was On National TV I was in there. When not, I had to go to a local sports bar.

Wanny makes dumb calls a lot and if you are unable to see that it is because you are biased in some way. Don't worry, He'll be gone in a few and you wont have to worry any longer.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Given the nonstop whining on this message board about the QB, OL, and WR, how can you possibly believe this?

I believe that the offensive talent on this team has been below average since the end of the Shula era. JJ left this team almost devoid of talent at the skill positions. Huard, JJ Johnson, Abdul-Jabbar, McDuffie, Tony Martin and Troy Drayton??? Are you kidding? Is this the talent that you are referring to?

Wanny has spent the last 4 years replacing the entire offensive roster (except Konrad).

The talent was obvioulsy referring more to the defense, but he replaced all those guys you mentioned, except McDuffie's injury. McDuffie was no weak spot pre-injury either. He went out and got his QB Fiedler, his running back Lamar Smith, his tight ends Jed Weaver and Hunter Goodwin. He got crap that was replaced with talent - Ricky Williams no talent?

Point is, look at the big name stars and egos on this team:

Jason Taylor
Zach Thomas
Ricky Williams
Pat Surtain
Sam Madison
Brock Marion
Sammy Knight
Adewale Ogunleye
Tim Bowens

All these guys are former pro bowlers and forgive me if I forgot some, but how is there no talent on this team? You try to replace an former unproven acquisition Jay Fiedler with another unproven AJ Feeley. You address the offensive line by winning with your 3rd best option. Wanny must be grade since he knows where the weaknesses are and he either won't correct them or go out of his way to correct them and lose focus on other points.

LoXiN said:
I saw every game last year. People in the chat will tell you when it was On National TV I was in there. When not, I had to go to a local sports bar.

Wanny makes dumb calls a lot and if you are unable to see that it is because you are biased in some way. Don't worry, He'll be gone in a few and you wont have to worry any longer.

I am someone who calls a spade a garden tool. Wanny does make bad calls, however you are the one that looks to be biased. You are probably one of those people who think he is too conservative, yet get mad at him when he does something aggressive.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
nope, you are wrong. it was a smart call.

It seems you didn't watch the game.

I think it was a bad call. IMO, the 2 point conversion is used only in dire need. He elected to try for 2 with the lead and a good defense in the freaking 3rd quarter. You don't go for 2 in the third quarter, there is too much game left. It was a dumb move and kept us from going to overtime. End of story.

I dont think HE is too conservative. I thought TURNER was too conservative. Wanny very rarely calls the plays. Why? Because he makes bad calls.

KATSKAN said:
I think it was a bad call. IMO, the 2 point conversion is used only in dire need. He elected to try for 2 with the lead and a good defense in the freaking 3rd quarter. You don't go for 2 in the third quarter, there is too much game left. It was a dumb move and kept us from going to overtime. End of story.

Disagree. That is the perfect time to go for 2. If it works, it forces the Texans to go for a touchdown. If it fails, you still have a good defense that should keep the Texans at bay.

LoXiN said:
I dont think HE is too conservative. I thought TURNER was too conservative. Wanny very rarely calls the plays. Why? Because he makes bad calls.

Wanny over road many of Turner's calls because he didn't trust the offense. Also Miami had conservative calls when Gailey was the OC.

LoXin...we could have beaten Texas as well if Mare makes a field goal, or our vaunted D holds an expansion team, but the PLAYERS didn't get it done. That is the bottom line. The problem is not that the players were not coached well, they didn't have the overall talent to get the job done....particularly the O. You could also say that if JF didn't get hurt as much and we would have made the p/o's the last two years...I'm not a huge DW fan, but under his guidance, we have been better than mediocre in a league that promotes mediocrity. The bottom line is that DW is a poor judge of talent or does not possess the skills to work the draft, FA, and the cap. The problem with your ultimatim is that this year is different than the last 4...he is no longer in charge of the player personnel. IMO, he will lose his job if the OL and Dbo and AJ don't pan out, but is that entirely fair ?? Is is fair for RS to lose his job only one year into having the player personnel job ?? So, my guess is that if we again are 10-6 and make the p/o's and get ousted in the first round , he'll be here again next year. If we miss the p/o's...unless there are some other circumstances, he won't be here. I hope we don't get what most people are hoping for because a new staff means more uncertainty.

Yes, but they were not as conservative as they were last year.

That is also another VERY DUMB move. The OC calls the plays because he can see more of whats going on in the game. He is able to focus on only the O. The coach needs to focus on MANY things.

Back
Top Bottom