Relying on Rookies is Recipe for Disaster! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Relying on Rookies is Recipe for Disaster!

Oh and as far as evidence.. Look at all of the WR picked in the first round last year... NONE of them produced numbers even close to Hartline who we all know is not a #1 receiver! So if we rely solely on the draft... Hartline will again be our BEST WR and that's not acceptable

This is about much more than just next year.

I don't know man.... Saying that a rookie will come in and give us 74 catches and 1084 yards ... i guess its possible but I highly doubt it!!

And 0 TD's against coverage? His 1 TD (1 TD for the entire season) came on a busted coverage.

I've already banged this out multiple times, but when you factor in the value of TD's, multiple rookies every year have seasons comparable to (or better than) Hartline's 2012 season. That's not taking into account the fact that we were force-feeding Hartline, because SOMEONE had to catch the ball for us. You can't judge football by looking at someone's end-of-year stats.

And NONE of those teams will win the Super Bowl with him starting! Which is the ultimate goal correct??

So, your whole idea of "competing" is to sign 20 free agents a year?

And to throw 75 million on the top free agent every year?

I think the Raiders need a new GM.. you should give them a call :ponder:

And 0 TD's against coverage? His 1 TD (1 TD for the entire season) came on a busted coverage.

I've already banged this out multiple times, but when you factor in the value of TD's, multiple rookies every year have seasons comparable to (or better than) Hartline's 2012 season. That's not taking into account the fact that we were force-feeding Hartline, because SOMEONE had to catch the ball for us. You can't judge football by looking at someone's end-of-year stats.

Whether or not he was being force fed irrelevant the fact is that he Ha to get open and he had to cat h the ball, most good receivers are force fed! And I've said this 100 times but I'll say it again, scoring TD's is a team effort! How many times did Hartline get behind the defense only to be over thrown or under thrown ?? I'd say 4-5 maybe so too me, those were TD's that he could have had had someone else done their jobs correctly! Gotta count those when evaluating individual players

I guess the poster is so used to not having our draftees pan out that he thinks signing veterans is the way to go. Our first 5 round picks should be on our team but our selections have been so mediocre that you don't see that.

Ryan Tannehill only started because the QB in front of him weren't that good! He wouldn't have started for the patriots, ravens, falcons etc... Any team with a good QB. That's my point if rookies come in and play right away the guys on the team in front of him aren't that good. We shouldnt rely on a rookie WR those guys especially don't excel in their first year

Your post is completely irrelevant as any team with a good QB, as you stated above, wouldn't draft a QB anyways.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I would rely on Ryan Swope. :)

Swope has had multiple concussions already in his college career, I have not doubts about his familiarity with offense and his talent, BUT, his concussion history would worry me.

So, your whole idea of "competing" is to sign 20 free agents a year?

And to throw 75 million on the top free agent every year?

If your team needs 20 free agents then you're in pretty bad shape! 20 no, 1 or 2 high priced FA in an obvious area of need yes! And follow that up with draft picks in those talent deficient areas to prepare for the future!

Your post is completely irrelevant as any team with a good QB, as you stated above, wouldn't draft a QB anyways.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ummm that's not true... New England did it TWICE! Green Bay did it. Lots of teams draft players even though they have a solid starter on the roster

I guess the poster is so used to not having our draftees pan out that he thinks signing veterans is the way to go. Our first 5 round picks should be on our team but our selections have been so mediocre that you don't see that.

Not saying that we should go crazy signing old vets! But young 26 year old proven commodities..... Over unproven rookies Yea I'm doing that!

Not saying that we should go crazy signing old vets! But young 26 year old proven commodities..... Over unproven rookies Yea I'm doing that!

The problem is that we're going to shell out a lot of cash at them and always be to the neck with cap room. I think after this draft its either make or brake for Ireland. If he still stays and these draftees don't pan out I think signing veterans will be the way to go if we keep him. If you look at the past 2 drafts without Parcell's excuse we really don't have anything special on the top draft picks (no one better say Odrick and Misi is something to go home and brag about).

I hear you but let's say we sign Wallace and then draft a couple of WR, lets assume we hit on those rookies a couple of years from now when Wallace becomes too expensive it's easier to cut ties with him because then the rookies will be able to step up and take over. That way we don't put ourselves in a position to A hope the rookies are able to contribute immediately, or B be forced to either resign an older more expensive Wallace or be stuck with no replacements

I hear you but let's say we sign Wallace and then draft a couple of WR, lets assume we hit on those rookies a couple of years from now when Wallace becomes too expensive it's easier to cut ties with him because then the rookies will be able to step up and take over. That way we don't put ourselves in a position to A hope the rookies are able to contribute immediately, or B be forced to either resign an older more expensive Wallace or be stuck with no replacements

BANG! I think you're the smartest guy in this forum. I say this every year, if we can't re-sign players and keep them and keep drafting players at their position we will never be good because there isn't no competition on the field. How is a rookie going to get better if he gets handed the keys to the car? If we get Wallace and never draft a WR how are we going to be good at WR when we cut Wallace when we never drafted one?

Back
Top Bottom