Remember this name... ELIOT WOLF our next GM | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember this name... ELIOT WOLF our next GM

I'll keep Jeff Ireland over Carl Peterson, thanks. Jeff Ireland is a bad GM, but at least there's a possibility that he can improve. Carl Peterson... not so much.

Depends. If Ross understood this would be a rebuilding season with a young inexperienced rookie QB, than Ireland stays put. If he expected playoffs and the SB like people here, then he will be fired.

And if you would be happy with Carl Peterson, than you people are in for a rude awakening. I know what Carl is capable of, and know that his success was over 20 years ago. You know the devil in charge now, becareful of the devil you don't know.

KC Chief fans are grinning right now at the thought of someone thinking King Carl would be a upgrade over anyone.

Honestly if Ross was expecting a rebuilding year why was Ireland retained? He played a significant role in making this mess. He may tie his caboose to Ireland, but i think the stadium is just going to get emptier and emptier. For the record if Ireland is fired, i dont want Carl either. i'd like to see someone who has been working for Ted Thompson for a few years work with Philbin.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Everybody in the Dolphin's organization expected this to be a rebuilding year. The fact that the team got off to a surprisingly well start was a bonus. I believe we may actually end where we were projected to end. As much as I want Ireland gone (for ignoring impact positions of need for so long), I think he'll be around for another year or two.

If he retains Ireland if we go 6-10 or 7-9 again, good luck getting people to buy tickets Mr. Ross.

TheJetsBlow said:
I had suggested Wolf a couple of weeks ago. He sounds like he'd be a good hire.

get in line bro… several of us have been jocking Eliot for over a year now.

Hayden Fox said:
I am starting to have the "Anyone but Ireland" feeling.

starting? Starting?!!

revkev said:
So my dad is a esteemed now -retired city administrator does that mean I am as good, because I am the fruit of his loins?

Fruit of the Loins… I used to wear those! seriously, Wolf may be young, but he's been working for the Pack 20yrs; in-between he graduated from The U in 3yrs… and is said to love SoFla. just sayin

Honestly if Ross was expecting a rebuilding year why was Ireland retained? He played a significant role in making this mess. He may tie his caboose to Ireland, but i think the stadium is just going to get emptier and emptier. For the record if Ireland is fired, i dont want Carl either. i'd like to see someone who has been working for Ted Thompson for a few years work with Philbin.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

If he retains Ireland if we go 6-10 or 7-9 again, good luck getting people to buy tickets Mr. Ross.

Again, if Ross believed as you and many others here, that this team w/ a young rookie QB could make the playoffs and SB....Ireland will be fired. If Ross believed as I and some others here, that this was a 2 to 4 year rebuild, he will be retained.

Once Tannehill was selected, Irelands tenure with the team was attached to Tannehills success or lack there of. And that success will not be judged on Tannehills rookie year. IMO, Ross will not make a snap judgement. He will either stay with the guy he put in charge prior to the season or if worse comes to worse, go with a guy he has history with and has had some success in the NFL.

Becareful what you wish for. If Ireland is gone, King Carl will be in. And then you and many others like you, will be bitching for the next 10 years.

get in line bro… several of us have been jocking Eliot for over a year now.

starting? Starting?!!

Fruit of the Loins… I used to wear those! seriously, Wolf may be young, but he's been working for the Pack 20yrs; in-between he graduated from The U in 3yrs… and is said to love SoFla. just sayin

Why not root for Bill Polian and his son? This is what happens to a starved fan base. They will reach for any straw, even one's that have no track record.

Actually it might now be a bad idea. I mean the pros would be that he is young and likely firey. Given his youth I would assume that he is in touch with what the current nfl is and that is high powered passing offense. Negative would be is that he isnt as experienced in player negotiations and contracts. I wouldnt mind taking a flyer on him

You take a flyer on a 4th rd draft pick, or a practice squad slot, not on a GM. That being said, I'd probably rather have this guy, knowing absolutely nothing about him, make our draft picks next year than Ireland.

Again, if Ross believed as you and many others here, that this team w/ a young rookie QB could make the playoffs and SB....Ireland will be fired. If Ross believed as I and some others here, that this was a 2 to 4 year rebuild, he will be retained.

Once Tannehill was selected, Irelands tenure with the team was attached to Tannehills success or lack there of. And that success will not be judged on Tannehills rookie year. IMO, Ross will not make a snap judgement. He will either stay with the guy he put in charge prior to the season or if worse comes to worse, go with a guy he has history with and has had some success in the NFL.

Becareful what you wish for. If Ireland is gone, King Carl will be in. And then you and many others like you, will be bitching for the next 10 years.

I never believed this team was a SB contender, but yes you are correct i expected to at least contend for a wildcard this year or a winning record i.e. 9-7/10-6. I hope Ross had the same belief seeing he retained Ireland, he had to believe this team had some level of talent if he retained the guy. Perhaps Ross is under the impression this is a rebuilding project, but he's going to lose a lot season ticket holders and single game tickets in the process if that's the case. The numbers are already declining and i can't foresee a revival in sales if we finish with another losing record and he brings Ireland back. I disagree with you on whether Ireland's job is tied to the Tannehill selection. I think it helps him in the big picture, but won't be his ace in the hole to save his job. I'm not advocating firing Ireland right now either, i'm waiting for the end of the season to form an opinion. The way we are headed i can't see why i could support him being retained after the season though. I wouldn't be happy with Carl Peterson, but i'd give him the benefit of the doubt until i had a reason not to.... just like i have with Jeff Ireland.

Didnt Ross say he expected us to be a playoff team this year? I thought he did.
Depends. If Ross understood this would be a rebuilding season with a young inexperienced rookie QB, than Ireland stays put. If he expected playoffs and the SB like people here, then he will be fired.

And if you would be happy with Carl Peterson, than you people are in for a rude awakening. I know what Carl is capable of, and know that his success was over 20 years ago. You know the devil in charge now, becareful of the devil you don't know.

KC Chief fans are grinning right now at the thought of someone thinking King Carl would be a upgrade over anyone.

do we really want Ireland to do this drat with the extra picks we have .im not 100% sold that i would.

Didnt Ross say he expected us to be a playoff team this year? I thought he did.

With a QB who started all of 19 some odd games in college? If Ross and others like Mfish41 actually thought this was a playoff team, than realistic expectations are not their strong suit.

I never believed this team was a SB contender, but yes you are correct i expected to at least contend for a wildcard this year or a winning record i.e. 9-7/10-6. I hope Ross had the same belief seeing he retained Ireland, he had to believe this team had some level of talent if he retained the guy. Perhaps Ross is under the impression this is a rebuilding project, but he's going to lose a lot season ticket holders and single game tickets in the process if that's the case. The numbers are already declining and i can't foresee a revival in sales if we finish with another losing record and he brings Ireland back. I disagree with you on whether Ireland's job is tied to the Tannehill selection. I think it helps him in the big picture, but won't be his ace in the hole to save his job. I'm not advocating firing Ireland right now either, i'm waiting for the end of the season to form an opinion. The way we are headed i can't see why i could support him being retained after the season though. I wouldn't be happy with Carl Peterson, but i'd give him the benefit of the doubt until i had a reason not to.... just like i have with Jeff Ireland.

Giving Carl Peterson the benefit of the doubt huh? Seriously? The guy has a track record that got him run out of KC. He left behind a mess. And was the genious who brought in Herm ****ing Edwards. But YOU would give him the benefit of the doubt. I can't debate you anymore.

And thinking this was a playoff team. Goes to show you had your head in the clouds prior to the season, with a rookie QB who is/was raw. With a new system on offense and defense. And having a talent pool built for a power team and not a finesse team. This team needs a complete REBUILD. This team was built with apples, while oranges are now needed.

If we go in another direction, I would want it to be someone Philbin knows and trusts. bottom line. If Philbin is following GB recipe then I would be allright with Wolf or Ball.

But has anyone considered that if you let Ireland go, then 40 scouts may go too? Where do these young guys have relationships that can bring in scouts from GB or wherever?

Do the current scouts stay no matter?

I dont know the answer to these questions, but with the way we are set up this offseason, it better be right!!!

Giving Carl Peterson the benefit of the doubt huh? Seriously? The guy has a track record that got him run out of KC. He left behind a mess. And was the genious who brought in Herm ****ing Edwards. But YOU would give him the benefit of the doubt. I can't debate you anymore.

And thinking this was a playoff team. Goes to show you had your head in the clouds prior to the season, with a rookie QB who is/was raw. With a new system on offense and defense. And having a talent pool built for a power team and not a finesse team. This team needs a complete REBUILD. This team was built with apples, while oranges are now needed.

So if Jeff Ireland picked those rotten apples why would you leave him in charge to pick the oranges? Because he hasn't done it before and we can't judge him by his apples because we're dealing with oranges? Just going off your analogy...... at what point is he just a bad GM irregardless of the produce he's picking? I don't know why you keep trying to pigeonhole me as a Peterson guy, i said i wasn't. Hypothetically if he were the GM i'd give him a chance is all i said. At the very least he built a team that competed and won games in KC. Again though, YOU'RE assuming that's the direction they would go if Ireland was canned, i could make the argument Philbin may request someone he worked with in GB or in the past. You seem to forget Peterson was a consultant that eventually led to the decision to retain Ireland, so is it possible Ross may not want his input further on? This schedule was weak sauce going into the season with only 4 teams who made the playoffs last year, the rookie qb has been working under this offense for around five years, and we returned almost all of our defensive starters from last year so i did expect this team to compete. I'm sure Ross believed the same thing too because Ireland told him there was talent, irregardless of what produce it may be akin to, on this team. If we have another losing record, i think Ireland should be gone and if Carl Peterson does take over i'll worry about that IF it does occur. I'm not going to continue to eat Jeff Ireland's rotting produce because of possible fear Carl Peterson may come sell me some that he's been keeping in his butt crack.

irregardless is not a word. my wife is a teacher. She has corrected me on this silly word. The word is regardless.

To be fair, Scott Pioli has made the situation worse and only 1 player he's brought in is seen as an asset currently (Eric Berry). But that's an argument for a different day.

As for our new GM... Omar Khan Omar Khan Omar Khan.

Back
Top Bottom