REPORT: Dolphins Willing to Trade 22nd Pick in 2017 NFL Draft to Acquire More Picks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

REPORT: Dolphins Willing to Trade 22nd Pick in 2017 NFL Draft to Acquire More Picks

I think he'll be inactive a good amount of the season, barring injury to one of the top receivers...honestly I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't even make the 53, they might try to stash him on the PS.

Do you think anyone in their right mind would give us a 3rd, 4th and a 6th for him? :sidelol:

If they trade #22 when we're on the clock and don't like what's available, I'm all for it.

If we trade before the draft then Tannenbaum is a ****ing ****** that needs to put down the phone.

He didn't confirm anything. It's called GM speak, similar to coach speak. You're aware of this I'm sure, there's no need to be so dramatic.

Define "GM speak"...

I'm not familiar with the term and would like you to break it down properly....

Define "GM speak"...

I'm not familiar with the term and would like you to break it down properly....

He didn't give away their draft strategy. He said they were open to the possibility should the situation arise. There are smoke and mirrors all the time when it comes to the NFL draft. Why coaches and GMs even get interviewed when it comes to any topic is beyond me.

I listened to the Ryan Tannehill interview the other day. One of the questions Congemi asked him was how excited he was to come back and be out there with the guys both old and new. Even if Ryan completely despised all of his teammates he would never say that to Congemi.

It's all unnecessary talk and clutter before the real news starts to come out.

NFL.com posted an article today saying, that most insiders are speculating DB's will dominate the first 40+ picks. They say they think as many as 11 DB's could be selected by pick 41. If this actually happens, this may play well for Miami's chance of trading down. This also helps with the QB needy teams looking to trade back into the later part of round 1. If this all plays out with 11-12 DB's and 5 QB's getting drafted before Miami selects @#54, it's quite possibly a very good player will still be available when it's time to pick. I'm hoping the F/O can somehow gain an extra 3rd, 4th or 5th round pick, perhaps even multiple picks. The later part of round 2 through the middle of round 3 is where I think the meat of the draft lies. Lots of positions other than DB and QB will have been pushed down.

He didn't give away their draft strategy. He said they were open to the possibility should the situation arise. There are smoke and mirrors all the time when it comes to the NFL draft. Why coaches and GMs even get interviewed when it comes to any topic is beyond me.

I listened to the Ryan Tannehill interview the other day. One of the questions Congemi asked him was how excited he was to come back and be out there with the guys both old and new. Even if Ryan completely despised all of his teammates he would never say that to Congemi.

It's all unnecessary talk and clutter before the real news starts to come out.

You say this considering Tannenbaum and his past draft day moves...?

Actions speak louder than words and it's going to be difficult to fool/leverage anyone with the #22 pick...especially when you let them know you can take it or leave it, in terms of dealing it. There is no air of importance, as if there was a decision to be made on whether the pick was important or not.

Back
Top Bottom