Rex Ryan as DC in Miami Yes/No | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan as DC in Miami Yes/No

BAdkins159

Active Roster
Reaction score
This is a interesting question for me. If Rex is let go in New York, would he be someone that could put our D where we want it. I, like the rest of you hate the jets along with Rex so my first thought was NO WAY. The coaching style would be a little different than what Philbin seems to want on his team. Coyle has done a good job with what he has to work with this year and it may help to just keep things the way they are and build with the same system for next year. I dont think I would fire Coyle after one season because like I said he has done well but the idea of Rex Ryan putting that aggresive style D he plays with what seems to be a big time O in progress with Tannehill makes me think. I just hate thinking of wanting a jet but this has me a little torn. I catch myself thinking about it and then I smack myself and realize Coyle has done good. This team is in the right direction so just relax and let this D gel for next year. But then I think a defensive mind like Rex Ryan could really put this D over the top, espeically if we get an upgrade at corner. Try not to bash me to much on this if you can resist it. Just curious on what everyone else thought about it. Think about it for minute before you react.

I wouldnt hire than pig if he was the last experienced d.c. on earth. The Miami Dolphins have a degree of class - that is not a concept Rex Ryan understands.

Well Im open to letting Coyle stay on. He has done a solid job in his first year as DC. I dont think he is as good as Nolan but there is no reason to fire Coyle yet.
I personally would have preferred keeping Nolan but our gm and owner made that difficult by promoting A lesser guy to head coach.

I wouldnt hire than pig if he was the last experienced d.c. on earth. The Miami Dolphins have a degree of class - that is not a concept Rex Ryan understands.

damn couldnt have said it better myself.

i like coyle, reshad jones only started to make plays under coyle.

Well Im open to letting Coyle stay on. He has done a solid job in his first year as DC. I dont think he is as good as Nolan but there is no reason to fire Coyle yet.
I personally would have preferred keeping Nolan but our gm and owner made that difficult by promoting A lesser guy to head coach.

Todd Bowles was the assistant head coach, not Mike Nolan, so he was not the lesser guy named head coach.

not seeing philbin and this guy in the room together...

Rex isn't going anywhere. I think he's done a decent job with that defense considering the talent level. He'd be a good coordinator, but I'm fine with sticking with Coyle for now.

Todd Bowles was the assistant head coach, not Mike Nolan, so he was not the lesser guy named head coach.

he was assistent head coach because the nfl plays these games so other teams cannot hire a guy to a promotion. If u call Bowles asst head coach then he can only be hired away to be a head coach.
Its a stupid game but thats what they do. Nolan as the DC actually had more responsibilty than Bowles the title was in name only to keep a guy. Nolan is one of the best coordinaators in the NFL he has proven that in various places while Bowles may get fired in Washington. When I said lesser coach I meant who is the better coach not by these titles that teams give away to insure a guy cant get promoted on another team.

No. Coyle has done a good job, and Rex isn't being fired anyway.

The only other place I can imagine Rex being head coach is the Raiders.

I understand completly. It was just a thought. Like I said I like Coyle so far, but Rex's defenses always rank high. Like him or hate him he always has a good D.

he was assistent head coach because the nfl plays these games so other teams cannot hire a guy to a promotion. If u call Bowles asst head coach then he can only be hired away to be a head coach.
Its a stupid game but thats what they do. Nolan as the DC actually had more responsibilty than Bowles the title was in name only to keep a guy. Nolan is one of the best coordinaators in the NFL he has proven that in various places while Bowles may get fired in Washington. When I said lesser coach I meant who is the better coach not by these titles that teams give away to insure a guy cant get promoted on another team.

Mike nolan had his chance to be a head coach in the nfl and he blew it.

Back
Top Bottom