Rex Ryan will now be know as... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan will now be know as...

I understand your loyalty. If Henne sucked I would admit it. You and all of my Jet fan friends have this hope that Sanchez is going to turn into a superstar QB in the next few years. He doesn't have basic fundamental QB skills. Those are tools he should have learned before entering into the draft. I think I now understand why Pete Carol wanted him to stay an extra year...he needed it. Comparing Sanchez to Manning is like me using Marino. I'll use Ben Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger was put into a very similar position. He entered training camp as a back up though not the starter. Any way he had the #1 Defense and a great running game (not #1) they went all the way to the AFC championship. If Sanchez had basic NFL QB skills the Jets would have a much better record and who knows maybe Super Bowl contenders. He has the #1 Defense, #1 Rushing Offense, above average WR's, etc....what more does he need? Another season or two?

I understand your loyalty. If Henne sucked I would admit it. You and all of my Jet fan friends have this hope that Sanchez is going to turn into a superstar QB in the next few years. He doesn't have basic fundamental QB skills. ...

It's pretty obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. Have a nice day.

No I think it's obvious you're dillusional. Your defense has win you games. He's lost you games. Would you give a second string HS QB a scholorship to start D1? John Booty started ahead of him in college...where's Booty now?

No I think it's obvious you're dillusional. Your defense has win you games. He's lost you games. Would you give a second string HS QB a scholorship to start D1? John Booty started ahead of him in college...where's Booty now?

Listen, rather than make pointless comparisons to other QB's (Manning, Booty, et all), why don't you go ahead and explain to us why you think Sanchez doesn't have the skills to play in the NFL. John Booty? Really? There are a number of players at the college level that do very well against that competition but don't even get drafted in the NFL. A huge part of the scouting and draft ranking process has to do with the skill set that the player has - without even considering what they actually did in college. Scouts look at players and make decisions about how well those skills translate to the NFL.

So there's a reason Booty was drafted where he was and Sanchez was drafted where he was. If you do not understand that, and I suspect you don't, than I cannot help you.

Now, back to my original point. Why don't you break down Sanchez' skill set and explain to us all why he does not have the fundamental skills to succeed in the NFL. I'm not asking for some bull**** fluff storm of words from you either. I want you to tell us exactly what Sanchez is lacking.

As for me being delusional, please explain exactly what I've said that is delusional. This should be interesting.

Sanchez isnt terrible by any means BUT he seems like he is gonna make a lot of stupid decisions IMO. He sorta tries to make plays happen when he really should just throw it away.

Still, I think he is a solid QB. Just has to get more reps and starts and he should improve.

It is funny seeing a ganggreen moderator over here trying to defend the Jets though lol.

Hopefully after 1 more win the guy who can't coach w/ the QB who sucks will be known as a HC who led his team to the playoffs his rookie year.

Hopefully after 1 more win the guy who can't coach w/ the QB who sucks will be known as a HC who led his team to the playoffs his rookie year.
like sorano, only less successful and a lot fatter

Listen, rather than make pointless comparisons to other QB's (Manning, Booty, et all), why don't you go ahead and explain to us why you think Sanchez doesn't have the skills to play in the NFL. John Booty? Really? There are a number of players at the college level that do very well against that competition but don't even get drafted in the NFL. A huge part of the scouting and draft ranking process has to do with the skill set that the player has - without even considering what they actually did in college. Scouts look at players and make decisions about how well those skills translate to the NFL.

So there's a reason Booty was drafted where he was and Sanchez was drafted where he was. If you do not understand that, and I suspect you don't, than I cannot help you.

Now, back to my original point. Why don't you break down Sanchez' skill set and explain to us all why he does not have the fundamental skills to succeed in the NFL. I'm not asking for some bull**** fluff storm of words from you either. I want you to tell us exactly what Sanchez is lacking.

As for me being delusional, please explain exactly what I've said that is delusional. This should be interesting.
DELUSION #1: every time you try to compare namath to marino... the only comparison to marino is in the throwing mechanics, but since you like to compare so much here is the TRUTH:
years played: Marino- 17
Namath- 13
yards: Marino- 61,361
Namath- 27,663
attempts: Marino- 8358
Namath- 3762
completions: Marino- 4967
Namath- 1886
TDs: Marino- 420
Namath- 173
INTs: Marino- 252
Namath- 220
Rating: Marino- 86.4
Namath- 65.5

Where is the comparison? DELUSIONAL
DELUSION #2: Sanchez is a good QB? no expanation needed... not that you (or any jest fan) would listen to any explanation anyway, because you believe that you have found the second comming of Joe F***ing Namath... personally i hope you have... if you need an explaination for that hope, look at the namath stats i have given you and maybe you will understand

like sorano, only less successful and a lot fatter

IF we win Sunday we'll make the playoffs w/ a rookie HC and rookkie QB in a year where Tom Brady started 16 games for NE so how would rex be less successful than Sparano?

As for Sanchez, a blind man can see he's going to be a good QB in this league. I agree w/ you about namath though, I hope he's much better than Namath or at least nearly as good as HEALTHY Namath.

DELUSION #1: every time you try to compare namath to marino... the only comparison to marino is in the throwing mechanics, but since you like to compare so much here is the TRUTH:
years played: Marino- 17
Namath- 13
yards: Marino- 61,361
Namath- 27,663
attempts: Marino- 8358
Namath- 3762
completions: Marino- 4967
Namath- 1886
TDs: Marino- 420
Namath- 173
INTs: Marino- 252
Namath- 220
Rating: Marino- 86.4
Namath- 65.5
You cannot compare stats of QB's from such different era's like that. Compare them to the guys they played against. The only comparison I made between Marino and Namath was that both were often leaders in passing yards and TD's amongst there peers. Namath was the first ever 4000 yard passer, Marino was the first 5000 yard passer.

Those are the only similarities I've drawn. There's nothing delusional about those comparisons.

Where is the comparison? DELUSIONAL
DELUSION #2: Sanchez is a good QB? no expanation needed... not that you (or any jest fan) would listen to any explanation anyway, because you believe that you have found the second comming of Joe F***ing Namath... personally i hope you have... if you need an explaination for that hope, look at the namath stats i have given you and maybe you will understand
Where have I said he's a good QB? I haven't. What I've said is that he has played well in more games than he hasn't. He has consistency problems right now and when he plays bad he plays terrible. I also have said that he has shown a lot of good things that make me believe with experience he can become a good QB. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that with so little experience his consistency issues can be resolved with experience. He has shown good accuracy, footwork, ability to improvise when things break down, and nice pump fake and enough arm strength to make all the throws.

Where have I said he's the second coming of Namath?

So tell me, what is delusional about that? You are the one who seems delusional applying these things to me that I've never said.

Back
Top Bottom