RichmondWeb's perfect 2014 Miami draft: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RichmondWeb's perfect 2014 Miami draft:

So you blame Lee for having a crappy QB?? Lee is the guy I think is going to surprise people the most. Kind of like Keenan Allen. Not the same player but has been so good for so long that everyone is taking him for granted. This kid can straight up play.

That is what I see. Lee's 2013 was tough with its coaching changes, QB incompetence, double coverage, and nagging injuries; all told I am still impressed with what he did accomplish. I remember his superhuman 2012, as just a sophomore, after which he was rated #3 on Walter's 2014 board behind only Bridgewater and Clowney. Yes, he did have a good supporting cast but if not for his 2013 circumstances and the ascention of other WRs like Watkins, we would never have had a shot at Lee at #19 without trading away our 2015 1st. That is why we should not hesitate to snag him if he is there. If last spring you had told me that next year we can draft Lee at number #19, I'd be floored. But if you told me we would probably pass on him for a OG/RT, I would say "WITF???"! Didn't we pass on Randy Moss?

I'm hoping Ross will see the value of adding one of these superstar WR's, from a ticket sales standpoint, and makes sure we take advantage of this amazing opportunity. The teams' future is on the line here; a crucial test for our new FO. Why?

1. Lee, without bad circumstances in 2013, would be a top 5 player (special talent).

2. Miami can find RG and RT help in later rounds (don't panic).

3. Miami has no true #1 WR (team need).

4. When Mike Wallace fails to deserve his salary again in 2014, the team will be ready (team leverage).

5. Wallace needs some competition to push him (strengthen the WR position).

6. Rookie WRs need a year to develop; when Lee is needed, he'll be ready (plan ahead).

7. If both Lee and Wallace play well next year, Miami will be formidable (multiple threats).

8. How often will Miami have the opportunity to draft a #1 WR without trading up (rare opportunity).

9. "Who is that #9?" (John Gruden).

10. The offense needs more playmakers for their new new look and OC (offensive diversity).

11. Lee will provide excitement for the fanbase (sell empty seats).

12. Fans are sick of the Dolphins annualy spending top picks on O-Linemen and they still are rebuilding (definition of insanity).

13. Most good teams seem able to build their OLs without drafting all 5 in the top rounds (winners are creative and resourceful).

14. It will be a miracle if a guy that special falls to them at #19 (Destiny).

15. Lee will provide a downfield threat if Wallace is hurt (Depth).

16. Of all the players available in the draft, Lee is easily the best choice for the Dolphins (No Question).

RW

So you blame Lee for having a crappy QB?? Lee is the guy I think is going to surprise people the most. Kind of like Keenan Allen. Not the same player but has been so good for so long that everyone is taking him for granted. This kid can straight up play.

Its not so much that I don't like Lee...I just think Cooks is going to be an absolute stud in the NFL and greater.

I think that you've got the wrong Gaines. Philip Gaines from Rice looks a natural athlete and was invited for a private workout in Miami. He's got skinny legs but he looks a bit of a natural. When was the last time that Rice developed a really good footballer? I don't know how risk averse Hickey is. However, I get the impression that Ireland would have swooped on Philip Gaines in about the 4th round. He looks a more ready than Taylor and Davis to be a starter.

Back
Top Bottom