Rick Spielman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick Spielman

miadfins

Scout Team
Reaction score
i have to be seeing things because i just saw spielman on espn answering a question about how a draft can ruin your career. :sidelol::sidelol: i just saw the the question on the bottom and couldn't hear his answer over the laughing. i did not see this posted.

miadfins said:
i have to be seeing things because i just saw spielman on espn answering a question about how a draft can ruin your career. :sidelol::sidelol: i just saw the the question on the bottom and couldn't hear his answer over the laughing. i did not see this posted.

Whenever Speilman makes a comment on the draft I just think, Why the hell would ESPN use this clown. Its proven that he was among the worst GM's in history.

dlockz said:
Whenever Speilman makes a comment on the draft I just think, Why the hell would ESPN use this clown. Its proven that he was among the worst GM's in history.

i laugh every time they announce his name, :sidelol:

phinfan999 said:
i laugh every time they announce his name, :sidelol:

I can hear him saying that Indy should trade thier 2nd round pick for Lamar Gordon.

They were talking about how the Browns have made some lousy draft picks the last few years when they mentioned it could ruin a GM's career. His response was that when you have high picks and pay them a ton of money and they don't work out it is a lot worse. I think the only reason ESPN has him is that all of the other front office guys have jobs and he is probably making minimum wage.

Before Saban, the one draft we had where Spielman was in control was the best we had since the JJ era. I'd say the 2004 draft where we got Carey, Poole, Pope, Bua, and Hadnot was pretty strong, especially considering the last 4 of those were day 2 picks. You guys are ripping him for what happened when Wannstadt had final say. Had Spielman been in charge in 2003, we'd have Anquan Boldin on our roster instead of Eddie friggin Moore.

He was a terrible GM who killed us with desperation moves in 2004, but he was a pretty decent talent evaluator.

He can't pronounce half the guys up there like Ngata...even flubbed Cromartie's name and called him CRAmartie. You gotta wonder why nobody is "drafting" Slick Rick as their new GM. :D

MiamiMan147 said:
Before Saban, the one draft we had where Spielman was in control was the best we had since the JJ era. I'd say the 2004 draft where we got Carey, Poole, Pope, Bua, and Hadnot was pretty strong, especially considering the last 4 of those were day 2 picks. You guys are ripping him for what happened when Wannstadt had final say. Had Spielman been in charge in 2003, we'd have Anquan Boldin on our roster instead of Eddie friggin Moore.

He was a terrible GM who killed us with desperation moves in 2004, but he was a pretty decent talent evaluator.
he also used one of his first day picks on lamar gordon and a think AJ. and wasted another pick to move up tp get carey

I'm not as impressed with the '04 draft. Vernon Carey struggled almost to the point of being labeled a bust and he was our first pick, if I remember correctly. The only guy from the '04 draft that I think was a steal was Will Poole. I look for him to have a huge season in '06.

MiamiMan147 said:

Sigh ... Please tell us what your pal spielman was doing from the time wanny brought him in to right before he was named gm. Who do you think was in charge of the Phins' "talent evaluation" during this period? Who provided wanny with the name eddie moore, if the popular belief was/is dave couldn't walk & chew gum at the same time? I know spielman supporters are still around but with his embarrassing appearances on espn one would think they would finally get it.

MiamiMan147 said:

I agree he did a decent job during that draft but what about giving away a 4th round to a team that was not going to draft him anyway. We were in a no lose situation and he lost. No team wanted Carey that early to trade up. If they had traded the pick or picked Carey well pick Udeze or Wilfork. He got lucky that Poole fell. But Pope and Hadnot were good picks, Bua a reach.

This guy is so annoying it irritates me. How can they have him on their show giving his insight? This guy has none. He's even fortunate enough to have a job at ESPN, but would of been better if any other team in the NFL hired him.

he also used one of his first day picks on lamar gordon and a think AJ. and wasted another pick to move up tp get carey

Like I said, bad GM, good talent evaluator. The moves for Feeley and Gordon were the desperation moves of a guy who had 1 year to turn around a team. Obviously, they should never have been made. Same thing with trading up one spot to get a player that would have been there anyways.

I'm not as impressed with the '04 draft. Vernon Carey struggled almost to the point of being labeled a bust and he was our first pick, if I remember correctly. The only guy from the '04 draft that I think was a steal was Will Poole. I look for him to have a huge season in '06.

Anyone who labels a guy a bust in his 1st season is ignorant. In case you didn't notice he did all right in year 2. However, he wasn't what made this draft. We had a 4th round steal in Poole, a solid starter (Hadnot in the 5th), a special teams ace (Bua 6th, who was cut because he didn't fit the new system), and a pretty good backup to Zack Thomas (Pope, 7th round). Even Pape, a 7th rounder, is still on the roster. Considering most 7th rounders don't even survive training camp, that's not bad.

Please tell us what your pal spielman was doing from the time wanny brought him in to right before he was named gm.

Sorry, I don't think it was just a coincidence that the one draft we had were Wanny wasn't allowed to muck things up was the best of his tenure. We found 2, possibly 3 starters on the second day of his one draft (Pope would start on a lot of teams). Compare that to the single day 2 starter we picked in the previous 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom