Ricky no longer a Dolphin I guess... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky no longer a Dolphin I guess...

Phin Phanatic

Starter
Reaction score
Guys,

Just wondering, I'd say that with Booker being drafted, we can kiss Ricky good bye? That's a shame, he could still contribute to this team. Hopefully he can contribute at least a few picks to our team if he's reinstated and traded.

Cameron, obviously knows offense, so although I was shocked and disappointed about Ginn & Beck, obviously Cameron knows offense and picked the right guys. I love the addition of Ginn to compliment our QB's with strong arms either it be CPEP, Lemon or Beck but I'm surprised they didn't pick Okoye, Willis or Revis.

Ugoh in the 2nd would of been nice as well...

damn, It's a wait and see situation I suppose

GO PHINS GO!

Even with all his issues, I strongly prefer Ricky and hope we give him a chance if he's cleared to play. I'm not sold on gving him away in favor of a 4 year back-up who couldn't average more than 4- 4.5 ypc in college. Ricky has actual talent.

Randy Mueller says that the drafting of booker doesn't relate to Ricky leaving the team for whatever reason. He simply said that Ricky hadn't been reinstated yet, so I guess he's insurance. Sorry no links.

Look at it like this.
We lost Travis Minor and Sammy Morris.
So the only RB we have is Ronnie Brown. Wouldn't you draft a RB?

Weve lost Morris and Minor. Booker doesnt sound anything special to me from what ive read on him. Hes unproven. Ricky will be playing for us this coming season. Cam will want a strong running game and Brown and Booker isnt going to get it done. Brown, Williams and Booker sounds alot better to me.

I'm not so sure Ricky is gone. I wouldn't mind trading him but the value may not be there. I like that trio of RB's with Booker being the future #2.

Pretty sure Ricky has to wait until tomorrow to be re-instated,and I don't think he's going anywhere but Miami!( He's cheap to keep).

Unless the coaches really love Patricvk Cobb or Mcarthy(cant remember his name?) then theres no reason to let go of ricky.

The only pick Miami made the media is raving over, that being Lorenzo Booker, I'm not really for. I think it was too early to draft Booker, he's a small back out of Florida St. He's pretty much likely to be exactly like Travis Minor, only his replacement, which is kind of ironic, he was also a third from Florida St., I believe.

He will be a third down type speed back, change of pace guy, and a special teamer.

This has nothign to do with R&R. New Orleans just drafted a running back with Bush and Deuce on the team as well. It happens. Value and depth and speed, thats all this was.

BTW the media in general is starting to warm up to Miamis draft. Jaws was saying we were doing a good job now. We took a big risk but it could pay off big time.

Mark my words. Booker will be solid.

Hes undersized and from what ive read on alot of Bios on him he wasnt used inside at all in his last season. He is a change of pace and catching back from what im hearing but Ronnie is one the best pass catching RB's in the NFL. I hope im wrong and i probably will be but im not impressed with the Booker pick. Ricky Williams will be going nowhere if Booker cant run inside.

Morris and Minor were both solid special teams contributers. Booker can help fill that void, and due to the fact that Ronnie Brown has yet to play a full season, and the fact that Ricky Williams is Ricky Williams, he may be a more valuable pick than any of us expect.

Booker won't be Minor Jr. He is very explosive with tons of speed, something Cam needs in his offense. He made a lot of things happen in FSU with a very mediocre OL.

Back
Top Bottom