Ricky no longer a Dolphin I guess...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phin Phanatic, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Phin Phanatic

Phin Phanatic Starter

Guys,

Just wondering, I'd say that with Booker being drafted, we can kiss Ricky good bye? That's a shame, he could still contribute to this team. Hopefully he can contribute at least a few picks to our team if he's reinstated and traded.

Cameron, obviously knows offense, so although I was shocked and disappointed about Ginn & Beck, obviously Cameron knows offense and picked the right guys. I love the addition of Ginn to compliment our QB's with strong arms either it be CPEP, Lemon or Beck but I'm surprised they didn't pick Okoye, Willis or Revis.

Ugoh in the 2nd would of been nice as well...

damn, It's a wait and see situation I suppose

GO PHINS GO!

2. SF Dolfan

SF Dolfan Well-Known Member

Even with all his issues, I strongly prefer Ricky and hope we give him a chance if he's cleared to play. I'm not sold on gving him away in favor of a 4 year back-up who couldn't average more than 4- 4.5 ypc in college. Ricky has actual talent.

3. Run'n'gun Udown

Run'n'gun Udown Scout Team

Randy Mueller says that the drafting of booker doesn't relate to Ricky leaving the team for whatever reason. He simply said that Ricky hadn't been reinstated yet, so I guess he's insurance. Sorry no links.

4. IceStorm

IceStorm The High Tech Bong Monkey!

Look at it like this.
    We lost Travis Minor and Sammy Morris.
    So the only RB we have is Ronnie Brown. Wouldn't you draft a RB?

5. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

Weve lost Morris and Minor. Booker doesnt sound anything special to me from what ive read on him. Hes unproven. Ricky will be playing for us this coming season. Cam will want a strong running game and Brown and Booker isnt going to get it done. Brown, Williams and Booker sounds alot better to me.

6. Jsarn1335

Jsarn1335 New Member

I'm not so sure Ricky is gone. I wouldn't mind trading him but the value may not be there. I like that trio of RB's with Booker being the future #2.

7. CDNPHIN

CDNPHIN HOME OF THE 1st PLACE LEAFS.

Pretty sure Ricky has to wait until tomorrow to be re-instated,and I don't think he's going anywhere but Miami!( He's cheap to keep).

8. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Ready for Henne.

Unless the coaches really love Patricvk Cobb or Mcarthy(cant remember his name?) then theres no reason to let go of ricky.

9. DNADD

DNADD FinHeaven VIP

Mark my words. Booker will be solid.

10. The Franchise

The Franchise Gorlog Champion

The only pick Miami made the media is raving over, that being Lorenzo Booker, I'm not really for. I think it was too early to draft Booker, he's a small back out of Florida St. He's pretty much likely to be exactly like Travis Minor, only his replacement, which is kind of ironic, he was also a third from Florida St., I believe.

11. TexanPhinatic

TexanPhinatic I Pity the Fool

He will be a third down type speed back, change of pace guy, and a special teamer.

This has nothign to do with R&R. New Orleans just drafted a running back with Bush and Deuce on the team as well. It happens. Value and depth and speed, thats all this was.

BTW the media in general is starting to warm up to Miamis draft. Jaws was saying we were doing a good job now. We took a big risk but it could pay off big time.

12. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

Hes undersized and from what ive read on alot of Bios on him he wasnt used inside at all in his last season. He is a change of pace and catching back from what im hearing but Ronnie is one the best pass catching RB's in the NFL. I hope im wrong and i probably will be but im not impressed with the Booker pick. Ricky Williams will be going nowhere if Booker cant run inside.

13. Phinagler

Phinagler Starter

Morris and Minor were both solid special teams contributers. Booker can help fill that void, and due to the fact that Ronnie Brown has yet to play a full season, and the fact that Ricky Williams is Ricky Williams, he may be a more valuable pick than any of us expect.

14. Crzynick25

Crzynick25 Seasoned Veteran

Booker is just going to be Travis Minor JR

15. Dolfan32323

Dolfan32323 Troll Carcass Removal Unit

Booker won't be Minor Jr. He is very explosive with tons of speed, something Cam needs in his offense. He made a lot of things happen in FSU with a very mediocre OL.

16. NorthFloridaFin

NorthFloridaFin Bring on the Ted Ginn Era

Why is that, because they both come from Florida St.? Man, some of you guy sdon't even have a clue. Booker and Minor are nowhere near the same type of runner. Minor is a slasher with straight line speed, he had no change of direction. Lorenzo Booker is a shifty runner who can come in on third downs, catch a pass out of the backfield or take a draw 50 yards to the house. Booker was just in a very pitiful playcalling offense that didn't use him right at FSU. This will be a decent pick for us.

17. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

booker is faster then travis minor and is more like a leon washington...member that play monday night against the jets? 60 yard screen pass on 3rd and 10 that won them the game? thats wht he brings. ricky is a has been

18. Gadsden86

Gadsden86 #1 Oronde Gadsden & Cameron Wake Fan

thats what i thought too. I think he will be a lil better than minor but like someone said earlier. Brown, WIlliams and booker sounds good. and with Slechinger (sp) blocking it will be good.

19. eomdtbtr

eomdtbtr Starter

The fact that Booker was drafted has nothing to do with Ricky. Ricky and Ronnie will share the load with Booker getting a carry here and there. Look for him to be used in the passing game (screens) and he will be a great special teamer. He will also be insurance if Ricky or Ronnie gets hurt. And when Ricky retires as a Dolphin Booker will carry the load with Ronnie.

20. mbsinmisc

mbsinmisc Pro Bowler

RW is not going anywhere. Booker is a change of pace/ST guy, at least for a year.

21. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Bon vivant

Actually, Booker is going to be what the Dolphins were hoping Minor would be when they drafted him, I think -- before Minor underachieved and became merely a ST standout.

Fundamentally irrelevant to the RW situation.

22. mike pace

mike pace New Member

Booker can rumble

haveing watched Booker play UM and Florida i know this guy is a power back that will run people over his only problem in college was Bowdons son Jeff not giving him the ball enough he's no travis minor he's bigger and runs through people not around them.

23. 1Hawdolfin4L

1Hawdolfin4L Well-Known Member

Lots of potential rated #1 coming out of High School, an up grade over Travis Minor.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/booker_lorenzo

Booker was regarded as the nation's top running back (Parade and Rivals.com) as a senior at Saint Bonaventure High School. He earned Parade All-American and Prep Star Dream Team honors. He added USA Today All-USA first-team accolades and Tom Lemming's Prep Football Report listed Booker as the third-best overall prospect in the country.
    During his three-year high school career, Booker compiled state records of 8,502 rushing yards and 137 touchdowns, leading his team to a 42-0 record. He ran for 2,878 yards and 50 touchdowns, adding 16 receptions for 300 yards and three scores as a senior. He was named California State Player of the Year after rushing for 3,103 yards and 49 touchdowns as a junior.
    The product of a heated recruiting war, Booker selected Florida State over Notre Dame, Southern California and Washington. He redshirted as a true freshman in 2002 and saw action in 10 games as a reserve tailback in 2003, sitting out the Georgia Tech, Duke and Colorado games with knee and ankle sprains. He finished third on the team with 334 yards and three touchdowns on 62 carries (5.3 avg). He added 86 yards on 19 catches (4.5 avg) and recorded one solo tackle.

24. phinfein

phinfein we need marino.

ricky will come back and be productive and maybe he can teach our two young backs(brown,booker) some of he's skills.
    i think he helped out brown a lot and can contiune to be a mentor to our rb's
    people will see a change now that ricky has replaced drugs with yoga.

25. DolfanCole

DolfanCole FinHeaven VIP

I don't think it really means anything for Ricky. We had Ronnie, Ricky, and Travis on the roster. I don't see why we can't have Ronnie, Ricky, and Lorenzo especially since I think Lorenzo will do much of what we had asked Travis to do.

26. clbrazee

clbrazee Seasoned Veteran

Ricky is safe. Booker provides the change of pace back we need to keep defenses honest. We can pound with Brown and Ricky, and then throw in Booker on the outside and burn the defense.