Ricky no longer a Dolphin I guess... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky no longer a Dolphin I guess...

Booker is just going to be Travis Minor JR

Why is that, because they both come from Florida St.? Man, some of you guy sdon't even have a clue. Booker and Minor are nowhere near the same type of runner. Minor is a slasher with straight line speed, he had no change of direction. Lorenzo Booker is a shifty runner who can come in on third downs, catch a pass out of the backfield or take a draw 50 yards to the house. Booker was just in a very pitiful playcalling offense that didn't use him right at FSU. This will be a decent pick for us.

booker is faster then travis minor and is more like a leon washington...member that play monday night against the jets? 60 yard screen pass on 3rd and 10 that won them the game? thats wht he brings. ricky is a has been

thats what i thought too. I think he will be a lil better than minor but like someone said earlier. Brown, WIlliams and booker sounds good. and with Slechinger (sp) blocking it will be good.

The fact that Booker was drafted has nothing to do with Ricky. Ricky and Ronnie will share the load with Booker getting a carry here and there. Look for him to be used in the passing game (screens) and he will be a great special teamer. He will also be insurance if Ricky or Ronnie gets hurt. And when Ricky retires as a Dolphin Booker will carry the load with Ronnie.

Actually, Booker is going to be what the Dolphins were hoping Minor would be when they drafted him, I think -- before Minor underachieved and became merely a ST standout.

Fundamentally irrelevant to the RW situation.

Booker can rumble

haveing watched Booker play UM and Florida i know this guy is a power back that will run people over his only problem in college was Bowdons son Jeff not giving him the ball enough he's no travis minor he's bigger and runs through people not around them.

Lots of potential rated #1 coming out of High School, an up grade over Travis Minor.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/booker_lorenzo

Booker was regarded as the nation's top running back (Parade and Rivals.com) as a senior at Saint Bonaventure High School. He earned Parade All-American and Prep Star Dream Team honors. He added USA Today All-USA first-team accolades and Tom Lemming's Prep Football Report listed Booker as the third-best overall prospect in the country.
During his three-year high school career, Booker compiled state records of 8,502 rushing yards and 137 touchdowns, leading his team to a 42-0 record. He ran for 2,878 yards and 50 touchdowns, adding 16 receptions for 300 yards and three scores as a senior. He was named California State Player of the Year after rushing for 3,103 yards and 49 touchdowns as a junior.
The product of a heated recruiting war, Booker selected Florida State over Notre Dame, Southern California and Washington. He redshirted as a true freshman in 2002 and saw action in 10 games as a reserve tailback in 2003, sitting out the Georgia Tech, Duke and Colorado games with knee and ankle sprains. He finished third on the team with 334 yards and three touchdowns on 62 carries (5.3 avg). He added 86 yards on 19 catches (4.5 avg) and recorded one solo tackle.

ricky will come back and be productive and maybe he can teach our two young backs(brown,booker) some of he's skills.
i think he helped out brown a lot and can contiune to be a mentor to our rb's
people will see a change now that ricky has replaced drugs with yoga.

I don't think it really means anything for Ricky. We had Ronnie, Ricky, and Travis on the roster. I don't see why we can't have Ronnie, Ricky, and Lorenzo especially since I think Lorenzo will do much of what we had asked Travis to do.

Ricky is safe. Booker provides the change of pace back we need to keep defenses honest. We can pound with Brown and Ricky, and then throw in Booker on the outside and burn the defense.

Back
Top Bottom