Ricky wasn't the only one | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky wasn't the only one

PhinPhreak said:
ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes dropped a bombshell on teammates back in March, telling them he was considering retirement. Holmes had more on his mind than football, as his father was in Iraq. Plus, each fall is more difficult on him because his family stays in Texas. Holmes approached head coach Dick Vermeil about it and Vermeil told him to give it some time and see how he feels. QB Trent Green said Holmes never officially said he wasn't going to retire, he just continued to show up for workouts.

I'd like to bring two very BIG differences up here:

1) Priest was worried about a family member in a war..... Ricky was only worried about being able to spend time with his bong.

2) Priest told his teammates IN MARCH
Ricky dosen't even tell the Phins he's considering retiring this year, He never does give the Phins the courtesy of telling them as they found out from a media release and finally Priest didn't retire and Ricky did just 2 weeks
before the season.

Big differences.
The difference between a respectable guy and a junkie loser.

This isn't the first time Priest has considered retirement, he was also discussing possibly stepping away prior to last season, which is why KC spent a first rounder on Larry Johnson.

I'm not sure, but hasn't preist played longer(making him older) and he was pretty banged up too. Something about his hip? I think retirement for him would've been fine, instead just ****ed up like rickys

If Priest would've retired before training camp it would've been fine. He told them in March he was thinking about it, so they had PLENTY of time to figure out what to do in case he did. And his father is in Iraq. How could you blame the guy if his mind and heart wasn't into football right now?? There are NO similarities between Ricky and Priest.

Ricky told teammates and friends that he was considering retiring and they laguhed about it. He also told his coach in New Orleans, Jim Haslett, that he was thinking about retiring.

Ricky didn't screw over the Saints. Had the Miami players payed attention to Ricky when he said stuff about retirement, Stephen JAckson might be in a Dolphin uniform right now.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Ricky told teammates and friends that he was considering retiring and they laguhed about it. He also told his coach in New Orleans, Jim Haslett, that he was thinking about retiring.

Ricky didn't screw over the Saints. Had the Miami players payed attention to Ricky when he said stuff about retirement, Stephen JAckson might be in a Dolphin uniform right now.
THATS EVEN MORE FUKED UP! He told Hasslet b4 his own coach. He didnt tell his coach or GM, and thats what matters the most. And BTW, im pretty sure he told his teamates after the draft anywayz....ill see if i can find some backing.

Back
Top Bottom