Ricky Williams is already changing his story... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams is already changing his story...

AggieFin21

The 12th Man
Reaction score
Am I the only one noticing that Smokey Williams is already changing his story and now taking shots at the organization? Maybe I'm just reading too much into it or making it up, but here's what i've gathered...or whats running through my mind anyway-

Ok when the story first broke it was all about Ricky's happiness and his "quest for truth", whatever the h*ll that is, saying he had bought a one-way ticket to Asia and didn't know if he would ever return. Now not even a week later he is already back in the states and talking with his new little writer buddy. Seems now that the reason he's leaving is that he was tired of being the workhorse and that's what made him unhappy. Well if I'm not mistaken, didn't we spend most of the off-season revamping the O-Line and landing a potential stud WR to take some of the load off Williams? What I'm getting from this is that rather than let the orgainization know he was unhappy, he just decided to take his ball and go home. Nice move Ricky, very manly and classy.

I applaud Seth McKinny for standing up and calling Ricky a quitter, because that's exactly what he is. Set that T-Sip (longhorn) in his place Ag(Aggie)!
All the other Miami Dolphin players are thinking it and without taking too much of a shot at them, they should get some KaHonas and say it. Whether you're good friends with Ricky or just an aquantance, the fact is that as a teammate Ricky Williams left you high and dry this season. For him to say that this might be the best for the organization because it will give Minor a chance to show what he's got is complete and utter BS and he knows it. He knows good and d*mn well that he's is a 100x better than Minor and for him to throw that comment out there comes across as a cheap shot to me.

But with these comments I can also see himself moving into a position to ask for more money. With the FO now moving to ask for more than 8 million of Ricky's money back, I think it may be setting in on what he is going to be giving up. Jim Brown even made comments about Ricky's contract and him being unhappy with it. Well if that was the case Ricky, then you should have just said that.

However I do think that the more Ricky keeps talking to the media and telling us how he's not coming back, the more it is likely that he is coming back. If it was really about "finding himself" then he wouldn't be back in the states talking to the media some more. Remember "he doesn't owe us anything"; if thats true Ricky then just go, you can fax in your retirement papers. Why are you still talking with the media if your mind is made up? Let me answer that...because it isn't. You made a hasty decision and now are regretting it. Now you've got to speak out somemore and take shots at the organization to try and make yourself look like the good guy in all of this. Well it's gonna take a lot more than that to get Miami back on your side. You had it all Ricky, you were the Miami Dolphins. If you want it back (and I think you do) man up to your mistake...

Maybe I'm just rambling on here and maybe i'm the one full of BS and maybe i'm just thinking wishfully but those are some of the millions of thought about the Williams situation. Take them as you will...

AggieFin21 said:
Am I the only one noticing that Smokey Williams is already changing his story and now taking shots at the organization? Maybe I'm just reading too much into it or making it up, but here's what i've gathered...or whats running through my mind anyway-

Ok when the story first broke it was all about Ricky's happiness and his "quest for truth", whatever the h*ll that is, saying he had bought a one-way ticket to Asia and didn't know if he would ever return. Now not even a week later he is already back in the states and talking with his new little writer buddy. Seems now that the reason he's leaving is that he was tired of being the workhorse and that's what made him unhappy. Well if I'm not mistaken, didn't we spend most of the off-season revamping the O-Line and landing a potential stud WR to take some of the load off Williams? What I'm getting from this is that rather than let the orgainization know he was unhappy, he just decided to take his ball and go home. Nice move Ricky, very manly and classy.

I applaud Seth McKinny for standing up and calling Ricky a quitter, because that's exactly what he is. Set that T-Sip (longhorn) in his place Ag(Aggie)!
All the other Miami Dolphin players are thinking it and without taking too much of a shot at them, they should get some KaHonas and say it. Whether you're good friends with Ricky or just an aquantance, the fact is that as a teammate Ricky Williams left you high and dry this season. For him to say that this might be the best for the organization because it will give Minor a chance to show what he's got is complete and utter BS and he knows it. He knows good and d*mn well that he's is a 100x better than Minor and for him to throw that comment out there comes across as a cheap shot to me.

But with these comments I can also see himself moving into a position to ask for more money. With the FO now moving to ask for more than 8 million of Ricky's money back, I think it may be setting in on what he is going to be giving up. Jim Brown even made comments about Ricky's contract and him being unhappy with it. Well if that was the case Ricky, then you should have just said that.

However I do think that the more Ricky keeps talking to the media and telling us how he's not coming back, the more it is likely that he is coming back. If it was really about "finding himself" then he wouldn't be back in the states talking to the media some more. Remember "he doesn't owe us anything"; if thats true Ricky then just go, you can fax in your retirement papers. Why are you still talking with the media if your mind is made up? Let me answer that...because it isn't. You made a hasty decision and now are regretting it. Now you've got to speak out somemore and take shots at the organization to try and make yourself look like the good guy in all of this. Well it's gonna take a lot more than that to get Miami back on your side. You had it all Ricky, you were the Miami Dolphins. If you want it back (and I think you do) man up to your mistake...

Maybe I'm just rambling on here and maybe i'm the one full of BS and maybe i'm just thinking wishfully but those are some of the millions of thought about the Williams situation. Take them as you will...

Nah man. You're not rambling. It's a good post. You made some good points.

I agree dude. I think it was $$ situation. And your right, if he was unhappy about it or unhappy about getting used and abused game after game than man up and say something damnit!! Dont quit on us(he didnt retire by the way in my eyes he QUIT)
I for one will welcome #34 back when he wants back in as long as he owns up to his actions and apologies to everyone in the organization and the fans.

AggieFin21 said:

Would you even want him back on the team?? I wouldn't.

It does seem a little strange that someone that supposedly wanted out of football and the spotlight now has a best friend in the form of a football reporter. If Ricky doesnt care what the fans or his teammates think, why does he keep spewing his BS to a newspaper based in his team's city and read primarily by the fans and his former teammates?

burger13 said:
Would you even want him back on the team?? I wouldn't.
Despite all your anger to Williams even you have to admit, Williams is the best RB availiable to us and to not take him back would be an even bigger mistake than him leaving.

i wonder how much jim brown is to blame in all this. Ricky admitted that he was just playing football because thats what people told him to do. So how do we know that other ppl have told him to quit. Sounds like he is one of those type of person that is easily persuaded.

I don't want him back...he's a headcase...we all knew this before he came here but we all thought "maybe a change of scenary" is all he needed...well, its seems like he's back to the RW we saw in New Orleans. I don't want him back...how about if he decided to screw us again...in the middle of the season...during a playoff run...in the playoffs??? C'mon folks...that would be even worse than a week before camp. He's a hypocrite if he wants more $$$ or if this was really a $$$ issue because he said $$$ hand nothing to do with his decision. Plus he's burnining bridges now...talking bad about DW our coach...how "that was not football" he's a freakin wuss...we gave him the ball too much and he took a beating...and now he's complaining about it...screw him...he's nothing but a wuss folks...wake up peps.

We gave him a chance to start over and he slapped this organization in the face. He also failed a 2nd drug test...what makes you think he won't fail again and then get suspended...why to many ??? and unknowns about this dope and wuss...forget about him...I could never cheer for him again...go back to Asia with Lenny you punk!!!

Go Fins!!!

I don't think I want Ricky back unless he made a full apology. I don't think he is ever coming back though. Smart move by the organization to have the clauses in his contract that if he holdout or quits then he is responsible for repaying the incentives in his contract.

Maybe Dave will learn from this that pounding your star rb again and again and again is not football.

Sal Lisitano said:
I don't want him back...he's a headcase...we all knew this before he came here but we all thought "maybe a change of scenary" is all he needed...well, its seems like he's back to the RW we saw in New Orleans. I don't want him back...how about if he decided to screw us again...in the middle of the season...during a playoff run...in the playoffs??? C'mon folks...that would be even worse than a week before camp. He's a hypocrite if he wants more $$$ or if this was really a $$$ issue because he said $$$ hand nothing to do with his decision. Plus he's burnining bridges now...talking bad about DW our coach...how "that was not football" he's a freakin wuss...we gave him the ball too much and he took a beating...and now he's complaining about it...screw him...he's nothing but a wuss folks...wake up peps.

We gave him a chance to start over and he slapped this organization in the face. He also failed a 2nd drug test...what makes you think he won't fail again and then get suspended...why to many ??? and unknowns about this dope and wuss...forget about him...I could never cheer for him again...go back to Asia with Lenny you punk!!!

Go Fins!!!
I totally agree with Sal... let Ricky go puff on his leaf with his new best friend. If he's so proud of his decision then get the hell on with your life and stop calling LeRetard. I'm sure there is plenty of tin shacks for sale in Jamaica... go be happy with the happiest people in the world... what a squid.

If winning means we have to suck up to a pot head then it isn't worth it. Lets move on............

AggieFin21 said:
Ok when the story first broke it was all about Ricky's happiness and his "quest for truth", whatever the h*ll that is, saying he had bought a one-way ticket to Asia and didn't know if he would ever return.
You know the saying "the grass is always greener.... " So he left for Asia to see if it's true.

Drfletcherdc said:
I don't think I want Ricky back unless he made a full apology. I don't think he is ever coming back though. Smart move by the organization to have the clauses in his contract that if he holdout or quits then he is responsible for repaying the incentives in his contract.

Maybe Dave will learn from this that pounding your star rb again and again and again is not football.

Um...maybe Dave will learn...are you kidding me!!! I hope you are being sarcastic here because that comment is horrible.

What do you think Ricky the wuss Williams is the only RB who gets pounded?

Look at E. Smith a real man a real RB who is smaller than Ricky the wuss Williams...E. Smith took a pounding for 10 + years...I never heard him complain that he got the ball too much and he's hurt...in fact I remember him playing with a separated shoulder in NY vs. the Giants...he played with pain and player like a true warrior...he did not complain.

Its football not tennis!!!

Look at Jamal Lewis...P. Holmes...players who touch the ball as much as Ricky the wuss Williams...I don't here them complaining...please...Ricky is the one that needs to learn...he's no real Football player especially after saying that he should not have had as many touches as he did last year...screw him!!!

Back
Top Bottom