Ricky Williams is already changing his story... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams is already changing his story...

Sal Lisitano said:
Um...maybe Dave will learn...are you kidding me!!! I hope you are being sarcastic here because that comment is horrible.

What do you think Ricky the wuss Williams is the only RB who gets pounded?

Look at E. Smith a real man a real RB who is smaller than Ricky the wuss Williams...E. Smith took a pounding for 10 + years...I never heard him complain that he got the ball too much and he's hurt...in fact I remember him playing with a separated shoulder in NY vs. the Giants...he played with pain and player like a true warrior...he did not complain.

Its football not tennis!!!

Look at Jamal Lewis...P. Holmes...players who touch the ball as much as Ricky the wuss Williams...I don't here them complaining...please...Ricky is the one that needs to learn...he's no real Football player especially after saying that he should not have had as many touches as he did last year...screw him!!!

I do have to somewhat agree here. What kind of RB actually complains about getting carries? What is he like the anti-T.O.? "Stop giving me the ball!!"
(Sorry, little cheap shot at Ricky....obviously I'm still a little bitter or something...)

Sal Lisitano said:
Um...maybe Dave will learn...are you kidding me!!! I hope you are being sarcastic here because that comment is horrible.

Look at E. Smith a real man a real RB who is smaller than Ricky the wuss Williams...E. Smith took a pounding for 10 + years...I never heard him complain that he got the ball too much and he's hurt...in fact I remember him playing with a separated shoulder in NY vs. the Giants...he played with pain and player like a true warrior...he did not complain.

Look at Jamal Lewis...P. Holmes...players who touch the ball as much as Ricky the wuss Williams...I don't here them complaining...please...Ricky is the one that needs to learn...he's no real Football player especially after saying that he should not have had as many touches as he did last year...screw him!!!
I don't blame Ricky . It sucks getting hit when you're high. Bad trip.

Justasportsfan,

i'm sure your happy because ricky had his best games against your JILLLLS...your comments are dumb but I know you are just trying to be funny...um or an A$$hole!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
Justasportsfan,

i'm sure your happy because ricky had his best games against your JILLLLS...your comments are dumb but I know you are just trying to be funny...um or an A$$hole!!!
Just trying to be funny. I guess it has been distinguished that Ricky is the A$$hole. :D

Sal Lisitano said:

True. But, these guys have/had players in front of them that actually block an LBs and DBs. Ricky should be mad that the OL sucks. On the other hand, Ricky last year seemed to avoid contact especially near the sidelines...always ran out of bounds instead of lowing his shoulder.

Sal maybe he made a mistake, we all knew he had problems with depression etc. so he blows it and then the lights go on and oooops! he wants back.
So you take him and get him some medical help and Bob is your uncle we get 1500 yards.
WE KNEW HE HAD A FEW MENTAL PROBLEMS why is everyone so surprised when he acts up.
You know, I take Ricky in a haertbeat over a drunken pregnant wife beating arrested tight end.

Take Ricky for this year. Then be done with him when we have a full off-season to adequately replace him.

I just realized this is football morality, you can cover up a murder and it's fine but don't quit before camp.
These guys are not my heroes they are good at a sport that I enjoy.

He is complaining about getting the ball to much and that the football the Fins played is not football...he does not want to get pounded anymore...

I don't want my starting halfback to be a damn wuss!!!

Give the ball to Travis Minor...I bet this kid takes advantage of this opportunity and I bet he does not complain like Ricky the wuss Williams!!!

Please, some of you kill me. This is about winning. Simple and plain. FOs want to win and they have to pay to do that. If Ricky wants more money and this is how he chooses to do it then fine, pay him and have him get in gear for TC.

Funny how there are no threads about screw Ogun or trade Ogun and whatnot over his possible sitting out. Isn't he selfish?

Headcase? Smokes pot? Not only does that sound like half of today's sports stars it also sounds like Lamar Odom who simply rocked last year and is the main reason we got Shaq. It would be nice if sports stars were perfect citizens and played for fans and to win not caring about money, but it's a business and getting high is not what I consider to be a major character flaw unless it affects others around you. It didn't seem to affect Ricky, so why should it affect you? Because you guys are selfish and want him on your team and out of trouble.

I would not welcome him back. I'm sure Seth McKinney was not in the minority with what he said. And if he did come ya think he'd pass a drug test? I don't know it's time to move on and let Ricky spend his money and end up broke like Tyson, let's see the Dolphins go after Edge after this season and get someone who wants to play.

Direct Rip On Ricky's Bulls**t Excuses

With all of these articles about RW floating around everywhere, I now feel I need to get this out.
First off, Ricky is right in that he is his own boss, and he should do what makes him happy.
Secondly, everyone else is right as well in that he is a selfish bastard who has no loyalty in him what so ever.
I am a diehard fin fan and I actually did throw up when I found out this retirment thing was true. When Marino left, all of us fans were left with a good team with no offensive superstar to rely on. Then Ricky comes in and shattered expectations and gave a lot of us hope that the team would at least be able to be a stable team offernsively.
I live in Halifax Nova Scotia, and I come to South Beach for a dolphin game at least once a year. I took a few years off, and those were the years between Marino's retirement, and Ricky's trade. Now I fell like I'm stuck with airplane tickets and stadium seats that I won't get anything for if I try and sell them. Thank God we have Chambers to watch for exciting plays.
When I read Ricky's words in the herald, I get mad, not upset, I get mad. Here he is saying that us fans and everyone else around him only like him because is can run the football, and that all we care about is his football and nothing else about his life. Shut your mouth Le Batard, because the only reason you sympathize with him is so he will keep calling your cell phone and not some other dead beat reporters. To Ricky: Sorry dude, after all we are FOOTBALL FANS, and we loved you because you were a good FOOTBALL PLAYER. What do you expect?? Its not eveyday a Millionaire athlete wants his fans to care more about his private life. Can you honestly blame us? We are football fans, and we loved you... as a football player. You gave us something to look forward to, and now we can't look forward to it anymore because you up and sold out your entire team, and the hundreds of thousands of dolphin fans around the globe. YOu say being selfish is not a bad thing and on some levels I can understand that. But LOYALTY and HONESTY can't be bent around to work for you in any twisted way. Yes be loyal to yourself and follow your dreams and convictions, but loyalty to people who love you is a moral thing. You have personal responsibilities to yourself, but you have moral responsibilities to fulfil your commitments and to honor your contract. Moral responsibility is one of the most important things the human race pocesses. It insure us all that unwritten rules will be adheard to, and most importantly, it allows people to have hope and expectations based on common sense and common moral values.
What Ricky has really done is shattered the hopes and dreams of everyone who followed him. And he excuses his behavior by telling himself every few seconds that he is doing what is best. His twisted and BI-POLAR mind keeps reminding the other Ricky that he should pack up his purse and lipstick and head out to discover the country sides of third world countries. Well you know what Richard Williams?? Go ahead, BUT, would one more year have killed you? YOu said yourself that the fact that people urged you not to retire inclined you to do it sooner ie. NOW!!!!! So really you aren't retiring now for your own best interest, you are retiring out of SPITE. You are getting back at the FOOTBALL FANS WHO WANT TO WATCH YOU PLAY FOOTBALL! Maybe when the NFL starts paying its fans millions of dollars to watch football, then we might be able to spend a little more time caring about your hobo adventures to Australia. But for now, I make 35K a year, and I have a lot of important things to take care of for my own, and responsibilities to adhere to. I'll keep watching football because I have a passion for the game, and it gives me a day of serenity when the rest of my life is stressed-filled and hectic. So, in spite of your retirement and all it stands for, I'm going to hope Miami gets "The Edge" from Indy this year or next, and I'll follow him as passionatly as I followed you for two years, not because he likes taking photo's, and not because he is a good academic or a good human being, I'll follow him or who ever it is because I love the Miami Dolphins and the game of football. After all, football will always be here for us fans; pussies like RW come and go all the time.

Ricky's comments were made in context of the offence, which was him nothing else and as far as any member of last years OL opening their mouth to say a word about Ricky they should be cut on the spot,those bums.
If it wasn't for Ricky we would have gone 6-10 take a look at last years games and you'll see. no QB, no OL, one receiver.
After a season like that I would be stone all the time.
420 carries, give me a break.
Give Minor the ball see what happens.
With Ricky gone this offence is exposed, no up and coming talent no depth.

I noticed Brown's comments about not being happy about getting pounded and that Miami took advantage of the contract that Ricky signed. Yes, they did take advantage of what Ricky signed and then they went out and made some of those incentives easier to reach. So, Miami did make things better financially for him, if he comes back, good, it makes the team better. If not, oh well gotta move on.....

Back
Top Bottom