Ricky Williams still high on cannabis use, and now he’s talking about it | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams still high on cannabis use, and now he’s talking about it

This creepy, psychic lady in Sedona, AZ put an interesting spin on the topic. If you extract the astrological interpretations from the Bible, it seemslike a consensus that we are currently in the Piscean age, transitioning to the Aquarian age. She flippantly said that, oh yeah, Pisces is a water sign, meaning drinking was the dominant intoxicant; only to transition to Cannibis because naturally Aquarius is actually an air sign...huh?

Bottom line, 100 years max and the opinions will switch.

An even bigger piece of redemptive nomenclature came to me in the last few weeks when listening to a Joe Rogan interview with Joey Diaz(?). Diaz stated without a doubt that Bruce Lee ate hash cookies after his workouts because he was aware of the anti-inflammatory properties of cannabis.

Reading it high and as a VET marijuana has been a HUGE life saver for me!! He also has part ownership of a gym that you smoke at before your workout. It helps open up airways. I'm a powerlifter and I use it sometimes before workouts and get great pumps and focus! I grew up HATING "pot heads" thinking they were all lazy and talked like idiots. Marijuana has cured my insomnia, helped me with a major stomach digestive issue that nothing else would fix, motivates me if using the right strain, cures my anxiety the list is endless. Good for him!!

When your body takes a pounding and you smoke that stuff it opens up your mind to the injuries you have sustained. Your mind can be trained to put up barriers to pain but its still there and eventually you have to deal with it.

High every night. Never used another "drug" in my entire life. Never smoked a nasty ass cigarette either. Oh yeah, such a gateway drug! People are right. It shouldn't be a subject anymore, and it should be legal worldwide. Why is alcohol legal? Much bigger risk, and way bigger impairment. Oh, but we can walk into the gas station and buy that.

Turned out he was ahead of his time. He used pot instead of narcotics to cope w pain from playing ball. And he paid a heavy price (financially) for doing so. Always loved him. That year he shredded for 1853 he was running as well as is humanly possible. Even Jim Brown commented on it. Ricky was awesome. Wish he'd hung around Balt for 1 more year - would have gotten a ring.

When will the NFL start looking at marijuana as a serious form of pain management?

Once our politicians stop giving in to the pharmaceutical companies that line their pockets to keep it illegal so it doesn't cut into their precious profits. And then the DEA stops with their diatribe about how there's no "proven benefit" (in spite of so much research saying otherwise both here and overseas) to cannabis medicinally. So we might have a ways to go unless the NFL decides to pioneer the process preemptively, which is doubtful to happen.

I think more than 50% of Americans smoke on a daily basis.

Ricky chose weed rather than die quickly on pain pills that are currently ravaging our United States.

He probably been a HOF ,but he was ahead of his time. Very unfortunate he got punished for knowing the truth before the NFL still doesn't know.

Weed>Painkillers..Shouldn't even be a discussion.

When its "prescribed" from some bozoo doctor, it's okay by NFL standards.

Such a complete joke lol

I think more than 50% of Americans smoke on a daily basis.

Ricky chose weed rather than die quickly on pain pills that are currently ravaging our United States.

He probably been a HOF ,but he was ahead of his time. Very unfortunate he got punished for knowing the truth before the NFL still doesn't know.

Weed>Painkillers..Shouldn't even be a discussion.

When its "prescribed" from some bozoo doctor, it's okay by NFL standards.

Such a complete joke lol

While I agree and believe better form of pain management, can be helpful with anxiety, PTSD, etc.. the fact remains it is still illegal and only few places have taken on the medical approach of it(more are in the works, but progress is slow), so the NFL is an entity and will do things it's way and only that way while saying it's best for the shield.

I think a big hold back for most of the Nfl higher ups is the image of weed usage burned into their minds from the older days, pair that with people like Josh Gordon that just smoke to smoke with his buddies(which hey is fine too to me, but if you are told by place of work hey it's illegal in the US and within our company, bring on trouble when you ignore that warning) and have a good time. It is on the players and former players to enlighten the Nfl on medical benefits of the usage, the Nfl isn't going to conduct it's own. So we have former players like Ricky speaking and being living proof, players like Eugene Monroe turning down millions to play for a team after the Ravens cut him because he didn't want to harm his body further, instead he invested/partnered with medical marijuana research company and donates towards the research needed to provide evidence of the benefits.

High every night. Never used another "drug" in my entire life. Never smoked a nasty *** cigarette either. Oh yeah, such a gateway drug! People are right. It shouldn't be a subject anymore, and it should be legal worldwide. Why is alcohol legal? Much bigger risk, and way bigger impairment. Oh, but we can walk into the gas station and buy that.

I no longer shy away from the word drug. That word drug has been demonized by the D.A.R.E. program and other government sponsored organizations for decades to convince the masses that all drugs are bad. Marijuana truly is a gateway drug though; however, the gateway you choose makes a difference. This is where personal responsibility comes in. You can end up going down the road of cocaine, opiates, etc., or you can follow the gateway into the psychedelic family (which includes marijuana btw) and open your mind to new adventures, pathways of thinking, unique perspectives, and personal growth. It's an amazing journey that is impossible to fully encapsulate into words.

Guys, always remember pot is not a drug it is a stimulant just like caffeine
everything coming out nature is not a drug, drugs are being manufactured in labs
Just search and see how many ailments marihuana cures especially cancer and
migraine

Back
Top Bottom