Rishard Matthews better be active sunday! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rishard Matthews better be active sunday!

reshard is the perfect example of the kind of player that sparano would have burried or cut just to watch him go to a division rival and flourish.

This "makes me miss sparano" is one of the most bizzare statements i have seen yet. Philbin is just the opposite of sparano, i think he knows exactly what he is doing. He knows the players he needs to build a championship locker room and just as important, he knows the players you dont want in a locker room.

I bet your a younger guy and didnt watch the cowboys when tom landry was coach, but philbin reminds me of him a whole lot. Easy going demeanor. Rarely blows up on the sideline. But he knew how to teach the game, and he knew how to get his point across. He also didnt stand for players who didnt belong in a championship locker room.

Everyone thought jimmy johnson was a baffoon that was in over his head to. How did that turn out? His first two seasons were awful and he kept getting rid of players and collecting the ones he needed, all while the fans and media and even his coaching peers derided him endlessly and cursed his very existance.

People have been mistaken that this yearly turning over the bottom of the roster and bargain bin fre agents as some sort of rebuilding. Philbin is in the midst of a true rebuild. Getting rid of the so called star players who are not living up to there reputation and salary. The lazy, the malcontents who are like the proverbial bad apple. And its refreshing! Its over due. And its the right thing to building a winner!!

Turn that frown upside down and get on the philbin bus man!! :)

man. How quickly people forget how bad sparano really was.

poty?

Last edited by a moderator:
reshard is the PERFECT example of the kind of player that sparano would have burried or cut just to watch him go to a division rival and flourish.

this "makes me miss sparano" is one of the most bizzare statements i have seen yet. philbin is just the opposite of sparano, i think he knows exactly what he is doing. he knows the players he needs to build a championship locker room and just as important, he knows the players you dont want in a locker room.

i bet your a younger guy and didnt watch the cowboys when tom landry was coach, but philbin reminds me of him a whole lot. easy going demeanor. rarely blows up on the sideline. but he knew how to teach the game, and he knew how to get his point across. he also didnt stand for players who didnt belong in a championship locker room.

everyone thought jimmy johnson was a baffoon that was in over his head to. how did that turn out? his first two seasons were AWFUL and he kept getting rid of players and collecting the ones he needed, all while the fans and media and even his coaching peers derided him endlessly and cursed his very existance.

people have been mistaken that this yearly turning over the bottom of the roster and bargain bin fre agents as some sort of rebuilding. philbin is in the midst of a TRUE rebuild. getting rid of the so called star players who are not living up to there reputation and salary. the lazy, the malcontents who are like the proverbial bad apple. and its refreshing! its over due. and its the RIGHT THING to building a winner!!

turn that frown upside down and get on the philbin bus man!! :)

man. how quickly people forget how bad sparano REALLY was.

I agree with everything you said minus the part about Philbin being the one getting rid of players that are not deserving of being in our locker room. if there is one thing we learned from Hard Knocks is Ireland makes the decisions on players.

I think Ireland was the reason why guys like Marshall and Vontae are gone not Philbin. He may have say over players being cut due not being good enough but I dont think he makes character decisions with players.

Maybe on Chad Johnson was his call, but i honest cant remember now, but that wasn't a tough decision really. The rest of your post was spot on

I agree with everything you said minus the part about Philbin being the one getting rid of players that are not deserving of being in our locker room. if there is one thing we learned from Hard Knocks is Ireland makes the decisions on players.

I think Ireland was the reason why guys like Marshall and Vontae are gone not Philbin. He may have say over players being cut due not being good enough but I dont think he makes character decisions with players.

Maybe on Chad Johnson was his call, but i honest cant remember now, but that wasn't a tough decision really. The rest of your post was spot on
I don't agree with that. I believe is a combination of the 2. You can tell Philbin was not happy with Vontae or Chad and they're both gone. Ireland knew but I think it's mostly Philbin telling Ireland he doesn't want a certain kind of player and he was clear that he didn't want those guys and JI agreed to move them.

Ozzy rules!!

naaw. i already went about a half hour ago. :chuckle:

this obviously means something. elaborate?

I'm guessing it means Post Of The Year?

I hope Matthews is active too. He was one of the few WR's that didn't seem to have trouble actually catching the ball. I believe he had a nice return(s) the first game of preseason but I don't remember him doing any type of return after that game.

there are severasl reasons i have come to the conclusion that philbin is behind all this.

on hard knocks, philbin is the one who showed homey the clown the door. even though ireland is in charge of bringing in the personel, i am sure the deal was for he and philbin to discuss these moves. if philbin and the coaches agreed a player needed to go, ireland went with it. philbin is the one given the charge of who plays and who doesnt. so there has to be a tie breaker and i am sure if the head coach and the players position coach said a guy has to go, ireland lets it happen.

and remember, ireland brought these guys in like marshall and vontae and chad, etc...., and he has proven to be a guy who hangs on to "his" choices untill the bloody end. i am sure boss ross was intelligent enough to put this tie breaker in and not keep the stalemates going like our government does. :(

i am sure one of the major reasons they decided on philbin [rumour it was ross's choice] is he comes from a MAJOR winning program and every unit he has ever coached has been succesful. so i can see ross telling ireland, "look, i am keeping you on with some changes. i want you to listen to coach philbin and include him in on personel. if he decides a player needs to go and the players position coach backs it up, let it happen. we have to see if he can build a green bay type locker room. we havnt done it so far".......... . makes sense, no?

i think if all things would have stayed the same [as the previous year] the same culprits would still be here, vontae and marshall. and spaorano would have patted chad homey the clown on the back and said "yeah, uh, chad, yeah, were with ya all the way. i know you know this kind of thing is wrong and you will put it behind you, etc...]. sparano wanted the players to like him, at all costs to help keep his gig. it only worked for so long untill the hammer fell.

GOOD post though CHUBBY. i love talking actual football. i dont reply a lot as its usually someone that just wants to disagree for disagree's sake and launch personal attacks followed up with a nasty pm cursing my politics, my love of guns and the 2nd amendment, my man hood, family members, etc.... . i saw your post and went in to see if you slipped a vulgar message in my pm and saw nothing!!

thanks for the intelligent post my fin brutha. very refreshing.

I'm guessing it means Post Of The Year?

I hope Matthews is active too. He was one of the few WR's that didn't seem to have trouble actually catching the ball. I believe he had a nice return(s) the first game of preseason but I don't remember him doing any type of return after that game

thanks for clearing that up PAFIN!!

i guess i better brush up on my internet shortcuts. and i totallly agree with you on mathews. he just looked like a vet out there and seemed like it was all second nature to him. hopefully the coaches see it to and get him going. you think they would seeing how were thinner than an anhorexic on a crash diet at the wr position, as far as their talent goes.

NOTSO: thanx for the props my brutha. just calling it how i see it.

reshard is the PERFECT example of the kind of player that sparano would have burried or cut just to watch him go to a division rival and flourish.

this "makes me miss sparano" is one of the most bizzare statements i have seen yet. philbin is just the opposite of sparano, i think he knows exactly what he is doing. he knows the players he needs to build a championship locker room and just as important, he knows the players you dont want in a locker room.

i bet your a younger guy and didnt watch the cowboys when tom landry was coach, but philbin reminds me of him a whole lot. easy going demeanor. rarely blows up on the sideline. but he knew how to teach the game, and he knew how to get his point across. he also didnt stand for players who didnt belong in a championship locker room.

everyone thought jimmy johnson was a baffoon that was in over his head to. how did that turn out? his first two seasons were AWFUL and he kept getting rid of players and collecting the ones he needed, all while the fans and media and even his coaching peers derided him endlessly and cursed his very existance.

people have been mistaken that this yearly turning over the bottom of the roster and bargain bin fre agents as some sort of rebuilding. philbin is in the midst of a TRUE rebuild. getting rid of the so called star players who are not living up to there reputation and salary. the lazy, the malcontents who are like the proverbial bad apple. and its refreshing! its over due. and its the RIGHT THING to building a winner!!

turn that frown upside down and get on the philbin bus man!! :)

man. how quickly people forget how bad sparano REALLY was.
You've been making alot of sense lately mr. NRA!

Well we have injury issues everywhere offensive line, LB so that may bump him off but they need to get him in to see what we have to work with.

you might want him active in week 1 but i'm betting that mathews is one of the guys who doesn't dress...maybe the only wr that doesn't dress given moores specials...they can probably send armstrong out there to run 3 routes right now if need be...the vertical stuff

Back
Top Bottom