Ronnie's Performance? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie's Performance?

Ronnie looked pretty good, he had a few nice gains showed some good power and patience. He did fumble but it was just a great hit by the defender.(got his helmet right on the ball) He had a few plays where he was in the backfield doing a very good job of picking up the blitz.

Nicky Napoleon said:
Ronnie looked pretty good, he had a few nice gains showed some good power and patience. He did fumble but it was just a great hit by the defender.(got his helmet right on the ball) He had a few plays where he was in the backfield doing a very good job of picking up the blitz.

Ya... He blocked VERY well in the backfield! Seemed to always find the blitzer.

Nasty

I think he only got the ball like 6 times so you can't tell a whole lot from that. Overall though it was pretty decent considering he's only been in camp like 2 weeks and probably isn't completely up to game speed. He made yards out of nothing (so that's a big positive) because I know Bucs fans are gonna say how much Williams is better cause he ripped off that one nice run where nobody was around. Didn't get to see his hands at all, but good blocking with the blitz pick up. By the way..who else loves that FB dive pitch to the RB play?

FinsNCanes said:
I think he only got the ball like 6 times so you can't tell a whole lot from that. Overall though it was pretty decent considering he's only been in camp like 2 weeks and probably isn't completely up to game speed. He made yards out of nothing (so that's a big positive) because I know Bucs fans are gonna say how much Williams is better cause he ripped off that one nice run where nobody was around. Didn't get to see his hands at all, but good blocking with the blitz pick up. By the way..who else loves that FB dive pitch to the RB play?

Ya... that was awesome... I hope to see lots of that this year...

I thought Ronnie looked really fast. Maybe not so much in the field but hitting the line - once he got the ball he was through the line in a heartbeat. AND he was JACKED UP for that game - you could tell he was fired up.

I think he looked good, his numbers weren't huge, but he still played well. He fumbled, but every RB is gonna fumble once in awhile, i'd rather have him do it in the preseason than the regular season. From watching him on 6 carries, which is not enough, I think he's going to be the type of back where he gets better with every carry he gets. I don't know if he'll get the amount of touches this season, especially if Ricky continues to impress, it'll take for him to be an instant star. With 20-25 carries I think he's much more effective, than say 10-15.

Saban4prez said:
and everyone says carnells better, so thats more pressure. Man, now that i think about it if i was ronnie i would have been scared s***less, 28 yards was pretty damn good with that on your mind IMO.

if sam madison wasn't such a bone head on the run defense last night, carnell would have had miserable numbers.

Agent51 said:
DAMN, all this sounds like he is so BADA$$, Makes me PI$$ED that I will basically get to see NO games on TV this year, cept when they play the local team

NFL Ticket my man, never leave home w/o it! I used to go to a bar every Sunday that had it, and had one of those bid arse dishes before all this Sunday Ticket and he got the Miami feed. I live in Ohio and havent missed a phin game (because of TV) in 18 years.

Back
Top Bottom