Rookie of the Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie of the Year

DolFan707

Almost There Since 1973...
Reaction score
2005 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR FINALISTSSHAWNE MERRIMANLBSan Diego ChargersLOFA TATUPULBSeattle SeahawksODELL THURMANLBCincinnati BengalsDE MARCUS WARELBDallas CowboysCARNELL WILLIAMSRBTampa Bay Buccaneers

I can not believe we gave these guys up!?!?

these were guys that did well for their team, and if you notice, everyone of those teams with the exception of SD made the playoffs, and SD was in it untill week 15. So those guys had more exposure.

DolFan707 said:
2005 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR FINALISTSSHAWNE MERRIMANLBSan Diego ChargersLOFA TATUPULBSeattle SeahawksODELL THURMANLBCincinnati BengalsDE MARCUS WARELBDallas CowboysCARNELL WILLIAMSRBTampa Bay Buccaneers

I'll take Ronnie Brown over those player any day... If Ronnie hadn't split carries with Ricky, he would have had over 1200 yards.... and he would have been the NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR ...

DolFan707 said:

You address AT TIME OF DRAFT whats needed most. In case of the Fins, with Ricky's departure, a RB was needed. On Fins BPA list, Ronnie was there, therefore being selected.

Thats why the Fins "gave up" on these guys:)

How players are utilized has a lot to do with success and exposure. Ronnie was successful, but the way he was utilized made it easier to overlook him for ROY honors. None of these other players were, in effect, sharing half there job with someone else. We also weren't all that successful for the first half of the year. Had we been more consistent as a team early and been serious playoff contenders, Ronnie may have garnered more attention. But with the fact that we stumped our toes and that we had Ricky, it was just easier to overlook R.B. But he is as good, or better, than all the players listed.

DolFan707 said:

That Shawnemerricanlbsandiegochargers is a great player.

Whers ronnie:confused:wow the media pisses me off so bad.just because he doesnt have a cool nickname he doesnt get on the list.if he didnt have to split carries he would have 1300 yards and 11tds.this is a bunch of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fire:

dorsaroll156 said:
Whers ronnie:confused:wow the media pisses me off so bad.just because he doesnt have a cool nickname he doesnt get on the list.if he didnt have to split carries he would have 1300 yards and 11tds.this is a bunch of BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fire:

No offense, bud, but you don't give awards to players based on speculation on what they "would have done". You give out the awards based on what they "did" do.

josekareh said:
I'll take Ronnie Brown over those player any day... If Ronnie hadn't split carries with Ricky, he would have had over 1200 yards.... and he would have been the NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR ...

:yes: Over 1300+ yards IMO. Maybe even 1400+.

Phinja said:
, everyone of those teams with the these were guys that did well for their team, and if you noticeexception of SD made the playoffs, and SD was in it untill week 15. So those guys had more exposure.

Dallas did not make the playoffs either! But I understand your point and I would want anyone but RB!

Ronnie split carries and thats a fact that no matter how good he is he will be overlooked to a great degree. Bush splits carries but he averages basically a first down a carry. Awards are based alot on just highlight reel making plays. I don't think its a matter of disrepect but he was banged up at end of year and Caddy is the feature back on a playoff team.

you guys are right: (here is the organized list)

2005 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR FINALISTS
SHAWNE MERRIMAN LB San Diego Chargers
LOFA TATUPU LB Seattle Seahawks
ODELL THURMAN LB Cincinnati Bengals
DE MARCUS WARE LB Dallas Cowboys
CARNELL WILLIAMS RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers

DolFan707 said:
you guys are right: (here is the organized list)

2005 PEPSI NFL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR FINALISTS
SHAWNE MERRIMAN LB San Diego Chargers
LOFA TATUPU LB Seattle Seahawks
ODELL THURMAN LB Cincinnati Bengals
DE MARCUS WARE LB Dallas Cowboys
CARNELL WILLIAMS RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers

ronnie should be on there but o well.caddilac can take his stupid roty award but he wont take away ronnies mvp award in the future:)

Back
Top Bottom