Ross loses Fisher because he refused to neuter Jeff Ireland. Neuters Ireland anyway. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross loses Fisher because he refused to neuter Jeff Ireland. Neuters Ireland anyway.

I totally agree. Ross should have fired Ireland and gone with fisher or go with ireland choice. Now I think he just undermined Ireland publicly and I see ireland like a 2012 sparano...on the payroll with no empowerment.

Dodged a bullet, and walked right into a grenade?

If we put up winning seasons 3 3/4 times out of 10, we'd still be better off. Henning, Fisher style run-first offenses need to be filed away next to the VCR.

FWIW, Ross already stepped in to put a stop to that Orton nonsense.. now there's little likelihood we'll end up saddled with him anyway.

sure, ross went ahead and hired someone that doesn't get along with his GM (ireland). that's exactly what happened. *rolleyes*

I totally agree. Ross should have fired Ireland and gone with fisher or go with ireland choice. Now I think he just undermined Ireland publicly and I see ireland like a 2012 sparano...on the payroll with no empowerment.

Undermined him how? You spoke with Ireland or you read a tweet?

I don't dislike the Philbin hire, I don't like the rumors that ireland didn't get final say. Now I admit that rumor could be total bs as the miami media is totally reckless. I'm hoping that's the case and we dont have an owner who operates as part time GM.There needs to be delegation of power.

I don't dislike the Philbin hire, I don't like the rumors that ireland didn't get final say. Now I admit that rumor could be total bs as the miami media is totally reckless. I'm hoping that's the case and we dont have an owner who operates as part time GM.There needs to be delegation of power.

that's a fair assessment :up:

It's a lot easier to follow one's preconceptions and prejudices and jump on a decision because it's convenient to assume something is so than it is to withhold judgment, at least for awhile.

Undermined him how? You spoke with Ireland or you read a tweet?
I'm giving credence to the report ross and ireland had thier own preferred candidate. that could be total bs and I hope to god it is. One thing we can agree on is this miami media coverage spews so much trash that haters and homers each have corroborating reports. I'm not either and I'll just sit back and hope for the best.

I am EVERLASTINGLY thankful Ross made the FINAL decision. ireland is the problem and LESS of ireland's stamp on this team is the solution. ireland would have had it all if Ross had kowtowed to him on this one.

Philbin is the best thing available if we don't get a proven coach. Philbin brings a proven track record of SUCCESS and knows what he is doing. His body of work is known. His imprint on the Packers is a measurable thing. soprano came in here never having made a mark on anything. mccoy had no signature imprint etiher, was just known for 'adaptability"... that would have been code for "will do and will build the team the way ireland wants".

PHILBIN WILL NOT LET ireland DICTATE HOW THE TEAM IS PUT TOGETHER.

Pilbin will attract Flynn. Philbin will NOT allow ireland to bring in slash guy vick wannabe QB's and make him try to figure ou what to do with them. We were on a COLLISION course with giving away the farm for rg-whatever and ireland had a plan, to let the whole team revolve around mr. baylor fad flavor of the month with mccoy being the guy to "restructure" it all. ireland

LOST

this battle and we have a chance to improve as a team.

I am THRILLED Philbin got it.

i think it has less to do with who to work with and more to do with known mccoy would work toward our roster etc and philbin is a glorified oline coach who doestn call his own plays.

ross is a fan with the i.q. of a fan. and this will blow up in our faces.

Aren't you just a fan, with the IQ of a fan? Why should anyone respect your opinion? You only have an IQ of a fan. You don't know anything about how this will work out so why don't you give it a rest. Philbin hasn't even had his introductory press conference yet and you already want to proclaim him a failure.

I am EVERLASTINGLY thankful Ross made the FINAL decision. ireland is the problem and LESS of ireland's stamp on this team is the solution. ireland would have had it all if Ross had kowtowed to him on this one.

Philbin is the best thing available if we don't get a proven coach. Philbin brings a proven track record of SUCCESS and knows what he is doing. His body of work is known. His imprint on the Packers is a measurable thing. soprano came in here never having made a mark on anything. mccoy had no signature imprint etiher, was just known for 'adaptability"... that would have been code for "will do and will build the team the way ireland wants".

PHILBIN WILL NOT LET ireland DICTATE HOW THE TEAM IS PUT TOGETHER.

Pilbin will attract Flynn. Philbin will NOT allow ireland to bring in slash guy vick wannabe QB's and make him try to figure ou what to do with them. We were on a COLLISION course with giving away the farm for rg-whatever and ireland had a plan, to let the whole team revolve around mr. baylor fad flavor of the month with mccoy being the guy to "restructure" it all. ireland

LOST

this battle and we have a chance to improve as a team.

I am THRILLED Philbin got it.

yeah its al about flynn. philbin = flynn.

enogh of this crap already.

Aren't you just a fan, with the IQ of a fan? Why should anyone respect your opinion? You only have an IQ of a fan. You don't know anything about how this will work out so why don't you give it a rest. Philbin hasn't even had his introductory press conference yet and you already want to proclaim him a failure.

fine i am not proclaiming he def. will be a failure.

what im saying is that most of these fans of the dolphins are already thinking we are getting every GB coach adn FA from flynn to finley to clements to whoever.

we are Packers south, and thats why philbin is the next shula and flynn is the next marino.

this is what i mean by typical IQ of a "fan" and no, i dont consider myself that typical "fan" although im not claiming im at the level of a football executive.

i just wish people were a bit more realistic and level headed. in my EDUCATED opinion, McCoy's resume looked better as he was a QB coach and an Offensive coordinator who called plays. he was also younger and had a longer tenure in the league.

the only reasons i've seen around here as to why Philbin is SO MUCH BETTER than mccoy is b/c he is a former packer and can bring us flynn.

that is what i call suspect logic.

but that being said - i support philbin now.

Back
Top Bottom