Ruddy to the Patriots? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ruddy to the Patriots?

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
I read this piece on ESPN.com.....

Miami thrice: A trio of former Miami starting offensive linemen -- center Tim Ruddy and guards Jamie Nails and Todd Perry -- could lend experience and depth to some club's blocking unit. Ruddy met recently with New England officials, but nothing transpired, and it's hard to believe he won't find a spot in a training camp.
--Len Pasquarelli

Although nothing has transpired, what would be your take if he did sign with New England?? Do you think itd be a good thing or a bad thing?

God, I hope he does.....and wins a starting job....It would mean a TIMBO pro bowl berth.

All of them suck except for Nails, who I think will be great this year if he lands a starting job somewhere (Miami, please.) He was starting to get a lot better at the end of last year and now he's fully recovered from his achilles tear.

I find it funny the only former Dolphin they have now is Larry Izzo after they signed most of our free agents in 2000.

DolFan31 said:
I find it funny the only former Dolphin they have now is Larry Izzo after they signed most of our free agents in 2000.
Free Agents come and go. The guys they took from us helped them make it in 2001...Izzo on Special Teams, T-Buck on Defense, Sheep ball biter on offensive line, Damon Huard as a quality backup....etc.

They're the team to beat in the AFC, and T-Buck is awise man to head north once again. If they lose Ty Law, T-Buck would probably be their nickel back getting plenty of playing time.

I can just see Vince Wilfork right now, plowing through the center of our O-line with Richard Seymour stuffing Ricky all day long, and Corey Dillon running all over us, with Brady picking us dry now that they WILL have a solid ground game.

Hard to believe that some power polls have us up so high considering all the chaos going on with the team. I think we're in for a very long season folks.:shakeno:

I find it hard to imagine ANYONE "running all over us". Especially when we didn't allow a single 100-yard rusher last year.

They won't run on us. They'll get their little draws and such. Where they'll beat us (if they do) will be with the quick passing game.

Yea, agreed Muck. I don't understand what people seem to see in Dillion. Maybe before when he was young, but now he'll be just as ineffective as Kevin Faulk and Antwain Smith.

PhinFan2006 said:
Free Agents come and go. The guys they took from us helped them make it in 2001...Izzo on Special Teams, T-Buck on Defense, Sheep ball biter on offensive line, Damon Huard as a quality backup....etc.

They're the team to beat in the AFC, and T-Buck is awise man to head north once again. If they lose Ty Law, T-Buck would probably be their nickel back getting plenty of playing time.

I can just see Vince Wilfork right now, plowing through the center of our O-line with Richard Seymour stuffing Ricky all day long, and Corey Dillon running all over us, with Brady picking us dry now that they WILL have a solid ground game.

Hard to believe that some power polls have us up so high considering all the chaos going on with the team. I think we're in for a very long season folks.:shakeno:

Only thing that's LONG is that unfactual diatribe you just went on about the Fins run defense getting run on. Where do you people come from?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?! For a Fins fan you surely haven't watched much of the team if you think they'll get run on, and by that Patriots O-line no less.

Gimme a break with the dramatics people. Some fans should just be forced to sit in a room with no contact to the outside world right up until game time of week 1 that way the skys don't fall and hell on earth doesn't errupt because of a weird offseason.

JPhinfan86 said:
Yea, agreed Muck. I don't understand what people seem to see in Dillion. Maybe before when he was young, but now he'll be just as ineffective as Kevin Faulk and Antwain Smith.

Exactly. I think our o-line is much better than theirs. They have no proven or solid starters on the o-line. Plus they lost their best lineman in Woody. I think the Pats are getting too much credit before the season starts.

midwest_phinfan said:
Exactly. I think our o-line is much better than theirs. They have no proven or solid starters on the o-line. Plus they lost their best lineman in Woody. I think the Pats are getting too much credit before the season starts.

I think the critics are just getting tired of putting their feet in their mouths. They most likely counted the Bengals out and gave the Pats less credit last year. So now they feel inclined to buff them up. By the way, where in the midwest are you at?

midwest_phinfan said:

Wow, you can't seriously look at the Pat's and say there over rated? Did you see what that team did last year! I live in NE and let me tell you the Pat's WILL be the team to beat this year again! Dillion makes that team that much harder to game plan for because were the running game didn't concern many teams last year! This year you have to plan for it! If they could do what they did without a running game they are going to be tough with one! Even if it's not the best in the league it will still be good!

I see his point, just because NE was fortunate enough to have things pan out as they did with a less then perfect roster once doesn't mean you can alter it and expect they'll have the same luck simply because they're the Pats. This new O-line should have to prove itself before they are given a solid status, that goes for any team.

JPhinfan86 said:
I see his point, just because NE was fortunate enough to have things pan out as they did with a less then perfect roster once doesn't mean you can alter it and expect they'll have the same luck simply because they're the Pats. This new O-line should have to prove itself before they are given a solid status, that goes for any team.

I do see your point but what makes you think that our line is any better than there's is? Seeing as we have yet to see any of them play together before!
I don't I still think that they are going to be the team to beat! I don't see them falling off the map like the Buc's and Raider's did after there super bowl!

Back
Top Bottom