Rueben Droughns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rueben Droughns

nyfinzfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Food for thought Rueben Droughns racked up 194 yds and 34 touches for Denver. Now i know Denvers oline makes anyone look good but the fact is we had Rueben Droughns at one point. I was excited when we picked him up off waivers from Detroit where he was a halfback ( Hes since been moved to fullback). We released him a few weeks later and he was picked up by Denver where he has been servicable as a fb/hb . He has done more in one week than konrad has done in 2 years. Wanny can not judge talent at all period. Droughns woulda been a fine backup for Konrad and Ricky!! and we let him pass through here like nothing.

story of the wanny era wouldashouldacoulda from the standpoint we will get better

I like Jesse Chapman....LaDainian Tomlinson's backup better...guy is a load and quick.

It doesn't matter who is behind the Denver line. When will people learn.

What did Olandis Gary do outside of Denver? Clinton Portis? The list is endless.........you could take any average back put them in Denver and watch them rack up huge yardage.

Its all about the O-Line and the system....If you can't see that in Denver...then I don't know what to tell ya.

nyfinzfan said:
Food for thought Rueben Droughns racked up 194 yds and 34 touches for Denver. Now i know Denvers oline makes anyone look good but the fact is we had Rueben Droughns at one point. I was excited when we picked him up off waivers from Detroit where he was a halfback ( Hes since been moved to fullback). We released him a few weeks later and he was picked up by Denver where he has been servicable as a fb/hb . He has done more in one week than konrad has done in 2 years. Wanny can not judge talent at all period. Droughns woulda been a fine backup for Konrad and Ricky!! and we let him pass through here like nothing.
Can't blame Wanny for this. If memory serves me correct. Droughns was signed to the Miami PS and then Detriot came calling a couple of weeks later and he wanted to go back since he had started his career there.

It was his choice to leave Miami.

NY I live in Denver and watch most of the games but let me tell you its the system not the back it does not matter who is in the Backfield in Denver. Travis Minor could pull 1000 yard season behind that line don't fall in love with any of those guys. Ruben Droughns has been here for 4 years and has never been anything more then average.

What's Denver's secret damm*t?!! You think other teams would have copied it by now...but it always seems Denver's line is always tops in run blocking.

Noodle Arm said:
What's Denver's secret damm*t?!! You think other teams would have copied it by now...but it always seems Denver's line is always tops in run blocking.
There line coach who is now in Atlanta. Look at the year Dunn is having 6 TD's already. Having a monster year.

Reuben Droughns is a stiff, the Denver RB system could make Brock Forsey get 1000 yds. Clinton Portis is really tearing it up in Washington, Olandis Gary was an amazing pickup for the Lions. It doesn't matter who Denver has at RB they're gonna tear it up.

Actually the line coach from the Broncos has been there since 2001 and is still there...Gibbs who u are referring to hasnt been the line coach since 2000.

Which is why they traded away Portis for Bailey. They'll probably build another "awesome" back up and then scam another team for a trade.

Which is why they traded away Portis for Bailey. They'll probably build another "awesome" back up and then scam another team for a trade.

Scam? Dude he wanted more money as in Clinton Portis. Denver wasnt ready to offer Portis the kind of Money he was demanding. So they do the best thing which is trade him away for a shut down cornerback and a 2nd round.

If anyone is getting scammed its us dolphin fans for having to give away draft picks for ricky williams. now thats a Scam. :shakeno:

Noodle Arm said:

they're just amazing. shannahan is often overlooked as one of the NFL's best coaches, but his signature on this online is a testament to his teams. it's one that thaat has never really changed, despite QBs, RBs, and Ds. But when they're on their game KC is the best today. I watched the balt game paying close attention to the Oline. They move the way a symphony orchestra sounds. Meanwhile back in the Fins world, Seth mckinney is surgically having the 20 pounds of grass and dirt he swallowed during the NE removed from his esophagus.

Back
Top Bottom