Rueben Droughns | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rueben Droughns

Dolphanaholic said:
NY I live in Denver and watch most of the games but let me tell you its the system not the back it does not matter who is in the Backfield in Denver. Travis Minor could pull 1000 yard season behind that line don't fall in love with any of those guys. Ruben Droughns has been here for 4 years and has never been anything more then average.
I am just playing devils advocate i have always thought it was the line but how come Griffin cant run behind them.

MikeO said:
It doesn't matter who is behind the Denver line. When will people learn.

What did Olandis Gary do outside of Denver? Clinton Portis? The list is endless.........you could take any average back put them in Denver and watch them rack up huge yardage.
I concur... In the Dolphins glory years we had an O-line coach (Monte ClarK).. Under his system the Dolphins were very efficient.. They did not have a massive O-line back then... Probably was one of the smallest lines in the NFL.. But they were fundamentally sound, mentally and physically... The O-line back then was determined to be great...

KillerDolphins said:
Scam? Dude he wanted more money as in Clinton Portis. Denver wasnt ready to offer Portis the kind of Money he was demanding. So they do the best thing which is trade him away for a shut down cornerback and a 2nd round.

If anyone is getting scammed its us dolphin fans for having to give away draft picks for ricky williams. now thats a Scam. :shakeno:

I dont think you undertand the statement he was making.. He was saying that Denver pawned off an average RB in Portis to Washington for a stud CB and forcing the Skins to severely over pay him..

nidhog73 said:
I am just playing devils advocate i have always thought it was the line but how come Griffin cant run behind them.

Griffin had a monster game the first game.. but Q Griffin is a midget...

First looks can be decieving. Quintin Griffin looked great in his first game and has played horrible since. We probably should wait and see if Droughns can keep the starting job over Griffin and also monitor his performances. I've seen way too many one hit wonders although Droughns did look great on sunday.

You sir are correct about Alex Gibbs. He hasn't been the O-line coach since 2000. But he was labled a "consultant". Who came in once a week to help out.

Jeff Fisher said it best when asked who is the best Rb in the draft: "Whoever Denver takes in the 6th round."

Back
Top Bottom