Rumor: Colin Kaepernick Dolphins top QB, not Mallett | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Colin Kaepernick Dolphins top QB, not Mallett

They've visited with both 4 times I think. I'm sure Ireland is thinking trade down in the first and who would be available with the pick in the 2nd round. Quantity over quality in Ireland's mind.

I don't think anyone would be surprised... after Pat White, you can't put anything past 'em....

And the beat goes on........and it's still a bad tune.

Kaepernick is not Pat White.

He's not the #1 quarterback in this draft either... he's a helluva lot closer to Pat White's profile than you think.

4 year starters, baseball background, "dual" threat, gimmick system, padded stats against bad defenses, looked "outstanding" at the Senior Bowl, etc., etc...

I agree with Slimm, and I like Kaepernick and would not be upset if we got him, I certainly think he has much more potential than Pat White.. But the most NFL ready and the best arm in this draft belongs to Ryan Mallett.

I'm thinking smokescreen, but who knows?

There were rumors that Sparano had a man crush on him at the Senior Bowl. I believe that he's high on Kappy, #1 overall? Doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if he was ranked 3rd or 4th on their draft board. I personally still have Mallett and Ponder rated higher, but I would take him over Dalton.

He's not the #1 quarterback in this draft either... he's a helluva lot closer to Pat White's profile than you think.

4 year starters, baseball background, "dual" threat, gimmick system, padded stats against bad defenses, looked "outstanding" at the Senior Bowl, etc., etc...

I think there are more tools to work with in Kaepernick than there was White. Now Kaepernick is by no means a sure fire guy, but I think between his height, the fact he's used to being a passer as well as a runner (he is still pretty raw and has a bad release as a passer and he did run, but he has always been more comfortable passing the ball than White ever was).

I'd probably rate in terms of who I'd like the Fins to get at QB as this.

1.Ponder
2.Mallett
3.Kaepernick
4.Locker

He is not the #1 QB in the draft, I agree with you there. Ireland probably has Newton and Gabbert as #1 and #2, but perhaps this is figuring common sense that there is no way they drop to #15. My guess is, if this rumor is true, that he has Kaepernick as the #3 QB ahead of Mallett, but #1 on his board of attainable players. That would not be surprising to me at all because Mallett is no sure fire pick and has plenty of question marks and red flags.

Just because Kaepernick has a similar background, doesn't mean he will translate to the NFL the same. One major difference you fail to mention is that White was 6-0, 190 pounds, while Kaepernick is 6-5, 233 pounds. Part of the reason White failed was because he was just to small.

When I think of Kaepernick, I think more of a Josh Freeman type player, not Pat White.

Ughh, time to take a look at more Nevada film...Zzzzzzzzz.

Back
Top Bottom