Rumor: Colin Kaepernick Dolphins top QB, not Mallett | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Colin Kaepernick Dolphins top QB, not Mallett

He's not the #1 quarterback in this draft either... he's a helluva lot closer to Pat White's profile than you think.

4 year starters, baseball background, "dual" threat, gimmick system, padded stats against bad defenses, looked "outstanding" at the Senior Bowl, etc., etc...

Except for the part about looking outstanding during the Senior Bowl. I thought he struggled. The people at practices all got giddy just because he looked good next to Jake Locker, but as I've been saying for months, that's a pretty easy benchmark to beat.

Except for the part about looking outstanding during the Senior Bowl. I thought he struggled. The people at practices all got giddy just because he looked good next to Jake Locker, but as I've been saying for months, that's a pretty easy benchmark to beat.

Kaepernick struggled during the actual game when he had face defenders like Von Miller who was stalking his *** down every play... he didn't see defenders like that in the WAC..

People were heaping praise on Kaepernick all week in practice because he surpassed anyone's expectations. He wasn't viewed as a potential top 10 pick so there wasn't much room for disappointment... especially compared to Jake Locker.

I'm hoping that this is just more of the same campaign they've been running for months, which is to have Ryan Mallett in for all these interviews and discussions, workouts, etc...and then turn right around and put word out there that Ryan Mallett is not actually their guy. They've been doing that since the Combine, when they met Mallett and turned right around and told a lOcal journalist that they thought he was a douche or some such. But then they decided to work him out privately in Fayetteville along with D.J. Williams, and of course they turned right around AGAIN and had people tell Jason La Canfora and another local (this time a different local from the last lOcal) that they still don't like Mallett at all, that their real target is D.J. Williams, and in fact they went so far as to say that the only reason Mallett was even invited was so that D.J. would have someone to throw to him. Now, despite that, they had Mallett fly down to Miami for a two-day private visit to the facilities (too bad I didn't see him, I was there during one of the days). And, like clockwork, there's fresh word that Mallett is not the target, that it's Kaepernick.

I'm HOPING that this is what's going on...that they're doing their best to get comfortable with and develop a consensus on a guy that comes with some problems, while at the same time trying to smokescreen it so that people in the league aren't sure what they're doing yet.

This is definitely a guy that comes with problems. Any quarterback that admits he's experimented with drugs in college carries some baggage with him. Not only that, but there's a dynamic to be considered between Ryan Mallett and Chad Henne. Maybe they got along, maybe they didn't. You have to be sold and that means some people in the building having to work to sell other peoplei n the building on the idea...because EVERYONE has to be on board when you take a quarterback. There can be no voices of dissent. That would, to me, explain why so many meetings...especially hearing that Tony Sparano was the guy that had Mallett cornered during that four-man lunch date between Jeff Ireland, D.J. Williams, Tony Sparano and Ryan Mallett. Now, to have him in the building, probably meeting with Stephen Ross...it speaks to me of some consensus building efforts.

Where you'd really have to start being skeptical of the whole thing is if the Dolphins were not putting out any word privately except being in love with Mallett.

If they're passing up on quarterbacks based on whether or not the guy can co-exist with Chad Henne... that's a problem to begin with.

Still not sold on this FO. Very strange group of people. Hoping in this draft we're more lucky than good.

He's not the #1 quarterback in this draft either... he's a helluva lot closer to Pat White's profile than you think.

4 year starters, baseball background, "dual" threat, gimmick system, padded stats against bad defenses, looked "outstanding" at the Senior Bowl, etc., etc...

durrrrrrrrrrrr

Much more accomplished passer and not a stick figure, he actually has the size for nfl

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Still not sold on this FO. Very strange group of people. Hoping in this draft we're more lucky than good.

That's an odd thing to hope for.

This is definitely a guy that comes with problems. Any quarterback that admits he's experimented with drugs in college carries some baggage with him. Not only that, but there's a dynamic to be considered between Ryan Mallett and Chad Henne. Maybe they got along, maybe they didn't. You have to be sold and that means some people in the building having to work to sell other peoplei n the building on the idea...because EVERYONE has to be on board when you take a quarterback. There can be no voices of dissent. That would, to me, explain why so many meetings...especially hearing that Tony Sparano was the guy that had Mallett cornered during that four-man lunch date between Jeff Ireland, D.J. Williams, Tony Sparano and Ryan Mallett. Now, to have him in the building, probably meeting with Stephen Ross...it speaks to me of some consensus building efforts.

Where you'd really have to start being skeptical of the whole thing is if the Dolphins were not putting out any word privately except being in love with Mallett.

That sounds exactly like what Carolina is doing with Newton. Some are sold, but they are still trying to convince everyone (the owner) in the building that he should be the #1 pick.

god i wish we had fired these guys when we had the chance...sparano and ireland if they go the kaep route won't even be around if/when he's finally ready to take the reigns

what bothers me is its not like this is something out of the blue 10 days before the draft like that washington wants mallett crap i read yesterday...this miami really likes kaep stuff has been buzzing since the senior bowl week...

ugh...thats all i can say

too bad the raiders don't have a pick in the first round...i'd bet money they're the afc west team with kaep at the top of their qb board

Colin Kaepernick is the best QB prospect in this draft.

He will have a better NFL career than any of the others.

He will have a better NFL career than John Elway.

Colin Kaepernick is the best QB prospect in this draft.

He will have a better NFL career than any of the others.

He will have a better NFL career than John Elway.

in other words he'll be a hall of famer...wow...slow your roll

Back
Top Bottom