Rumor: Fat Hank Suspended by WQAM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Fat Hank Suspended by WQAM

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I got this from the Marlins board
http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27045

I was just informed by someone who works at WQAM that Goldberg has been suspended by that entity. According to this source, Hank made some disparaging comments regarding Jeffrey Loria's personal life, which prompted the Marlins' owner to call the station and accuse them of slander. The station has apparently suspended Hank indefinitely.

THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT SOMEONE HEARD HIM SAY:

i heard him say that jeffrey loria and his wife are breaking up, and since she'll get half his money, he wondered aloud how he'd be able to pay for the stadium. He also sarcastically mentioned that the team president (david samson) is his wife's, not his, so that might further put a crimp in the marlins' plans.

I dont think Hank really cares at this point, im sure he'll miss his jobbut he can put more work into ESPN.....

I've liked his show and now the MARLINS and DOLPHINS are ticked off at WQAM, if Neil Rogers leaves, you can stick a fork in that station, as much as I like just about everyone on there.

The thing about Hank Goldberg is he is from a different era. People used to be able to poke some fun at situations or speak their mind. But in this era the world is too PC to allow for that type of guy to stay on the air. But the guys that own and run the station can dish out whatever kind of disipline that they choose to. Either people love to listen to Hank or they want him fired.

Hank Goldberg sucks anyway. The only reason he's listenable is WHO he knows, not WHAT he knows. He's useful because he has been around, and has inside information, not because he knows anything himself besides betting and horse racing.

Keep Fat Hank off the air and put on Cap'n Curtis Stephenson.

i cant stand Hank anyway!! He is the most negative person i have ever heard! He NEVER has anything nice or good to say. Last week he was talking so much crap about University of Miami.... it was making me mad. That is my alma mater and my job!!! I know we have had our problems as have the Dolphins, but to never had a good thing come out of your mouth even when a good thing happens?! Good Riddance (sp?)

TerryTate said:
I dont think Hank really cares at this point, im sure he'll miss his jobbut he can put more work into ESPN.....

I've liked his show and now the MARLINS and DOLPHINS are ticked off at WQAM, if Neil Rogers leaves, you can stick a fork in that station, as much as I like just about everyone on there.

Hey Terry have you heard anything about a freshman rb by the name of curtis francis? He will be attending UCF and he played at the high school I went to. I am much older than him and graduated in 96 but I was wondering if you have heard anything. His older brother also went to UCF and I went to school with him his name was Cornell Francis. I would appreciate the info if you have heard anything.

hes part of George O'Leary's first recruiting class I believe...I found this write-up on him...I wouldnt be suprised if he red-shirted, being that there are at least two capable RBs ahead of him if not more so....

http://www.ucfathletics.com/rosterdetail.asp?sportid=151&rosteryear=2004&id=48283&orderby=cast(number%20as%20int)

I am a junior at UCF now and I am not familiar with Cornell Francis unfortunately.....

Goldberg gets suspended at least 3 times a year. WQAM is so sensitive about what their radio guys say but yet they're bringing in Howard Stern?

Good Riddance.His supposed inside info was overblown and not always accurate.He did get some exclusive interviews with sports and gambling personalities but in my opinion they were boring and entirely predictable.(Maddog never directly criticized Hank because he got him the job at the station but he indirectly stated that interviews were boring and predictable without mentioning Hank but we all knew..........right?)

CrunchTime said:
Good Riddance.His supposed inside info was overblown and not always accurate.He did get some exclusive interviews with sports and gambling personalities but in my opinion they were boring and entirely predictable.(Maddog never directly criticized Hank because he got him the job at the station but he indirectly stated that interviews were boring and predictable without mentioning Hank but we all knew..........right?)

Mandich actually started out by buying his air time from WQAM, no one got him the gig.

But yes Fat Hank sux, they need to hire John "The Freak" Renshaw. He can be a very positive person, and absolutely as funny as can be. He is excellent at college hoops, but most of all, he is a DIEHARD Dolphins fan.
As a matter of fact Fat Hank blocked them from interviewing The Freak back when the old 1700 the fan went off air.

I am glad. Hank is the second worst announcer on WQAM. Only behind Neil Rogers.

Prime Time said:
I am glad. Hank is the second worst announcer on WQAM. Only behind Neil Rogers.
]Oh and the guy who is kind of young and I believe he is cuban. That guy blows too. :shakeno:

1. PT are you referring to Orlando Alzaguary (spelling) "Big O"?
2. neil rogers and whoever else u are referring to arent announcers, they are hosts FYI
3. rogers obviously attracts the veteran non-sports radio listening crowd, he was brought on from 610 WIOD to crush the #2 competition in the South Florida radio market in the late 90s. That's why they got him. I've listened to him since I was a little kid and I like him, it all depends on if you like talk radio when the show isnt on sports.

Back
Top Bottom